Buy low or sell: Abdullah

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Reljac
Captain
Captain

Re: Buy low or sell: Abdullah

Postby Reljac » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:22 am

The Red Rooster wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:53 am In fairness, after Ware went down, Hunt's ADP was much higher than Ameers...at least it was in any draft I was in.
yes, and the date of my recommendation was before Ware was hurt. Hunt was already working with the 1st team.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:31 am

Reljac wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:22 am
The Red Rooster wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:53 am In fairness, after Ware went down, Hunt's ADP was much higher than Ameers...at least it was in any draft I was in.
yes, and the date of my recommendation was before Ware was hurt. Hunt was already working with the 1st team.
My apologies then. Excellent call (which, you dont need me to tell you to know that now of course, haha).

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:33 am

Sterling Archer wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:20 am
Wtf are you talking about? First off, Hunt's dynasty price was higher than Abdullah's before the injury to Ware. But more importantly, your Hunt call was BEFORE Ware was out for the season (when Hunt wasn't a "CLEAR STARTER" as you say) and thus only looks good because Ware is on the IR now. So, again, wtf are you on about?

What kind of a tool gloats about injury luck? This is the epitome of "better lucky than good".

Sorry you were asleep at the wheel, but Hunt was already mixing in with the 1's before the injury and talked about as a 3-down back, unlike Ameer. If you don't have the vision to see a developping player that's on you. He had been rumored to take over the role even without injury all summer. I've always thought of Fantasy football as evaluation... those that do it well succeed, those that don't claim the other's are lucky.

the day before my post someone traded Ameer for an early 2018 1st on this thread and Hunt was going mid to late in most drafts at the point of my post (8th overall in my draft). It could easily have been done in a lot of leagues...
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Reljac wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:33 am
Sterling Archer wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:20 am
Wtf are you talking about? First off, Hunt's dynasty price was higher than Abdullah's before the injury to Ware. But more importantly, your Hunt call was BEFORE Ware was out for the season (when Hunt wasn't a "CLEAR STARTER" as you say) and thus only looks good because Ware is on the IR now. So, again, wtf are you on about?

What kind of a tool gloats about injury luck? This is the epitome of "better lucky than good".

Sorry you were asleep at the wheel, but Hunt was already mixing in with the 1's before the injury and talked about as a 3-down back, unlike Ameer. If you don't have the vision to see a developping player that's on you. He had been rumored to take over the role even without injury all summer. I've always thought of Fantasy football as evaluation... those that do it well succeed, those that don't claim the other's are lucky.

the day before my post someone traded Ameer for an early 2018 1st on this thread and Hunt was going mid to late in most drafts at the point of my post (8th overall in my draft). It could easily have been done in a lot of leagues...
Hahaha! I don't know if you're aware of this but when there is a RBBC, both players get mixed in with the 1's... and also every rookie gets offseason hype and coach speak, in this case there was indeed 3 down talk for Hunt. You read some blurbs, bought into some rumors, and then an injury saved you from RBBC hell. However, you're too self absorbed to realize this is textbook luck. You somehow believe Hunt was going to relegate Ware to some sort of 90/10 split immediately and things would be the same without the injury. To that, I can only roll my eyes...

If Riddick had a season ending injury and Abdullah got all the 3rd down snaps, I guess by your definition that wouldn't be luck for AA owners? smh

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:18 am

Sterling Archer wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:39 pm
If Riddick had a season ending injury and Abdullah got all the 3rd down snaps, I guess by your definition that wouldn't be luck for AA owners? smh
In that scenario it would be luck, because the Coach isn't actually trying to establish the player in the role. Reid's been pushing Hunt all roles since he was drafted. Lions are doing the opposite, Abdullah is getting virtually no exposure to 3rd down, no attempt to get him in there. I don't see the value in players in just sitting hoping for an injury, when the team they are on isn't actively invested in expanding their limited role.

How'd Ameer work out this week? Oh yeah, just like expected...
15c for 30yards... 3 catches for 11 yards.
10 of the 15 carries came on first down... only a single third down touch, and that was on 3rd down and 10.

The biggest news would be that he got 4 touches in the Red Zone... but we may not see that again, since he managed to go 4c for 0 Yards with those touches.... even worse, two of the touches were inside the 10 yard line and he failed spectacularly with 2 c for -4 yards.

No one who started him in fantasy can be happy with that. The experts also made the right call in recommending Theo Riddick as the Detroit Lion RB to start.

Eight7Seven
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Eight7Seven » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:22 am

I traded Javorius Allen and a DB (AJ Bouye) for Ameer Yesterday. Both Allen and Bouye I had picked up off of waivers, the DB minutes before he locked in week one and Allen in the week two auction. If you believe in Ameer at all now is an amazing opportunity to buy.
Team One: Children of the Light
12 Team PPR- Superflex- Dynasty - Start 9

QB: Herbert, Watson, Young, Cousins
HB: Bijan, Etienne, J.Jacobs, Najee, D.Harris, J.Ford
WR: Olave, Smith-Njigba, Pittman, Jeudy, Jameson, A.Cooper, Cooks, P.Cambell, T.Marshall, Boutte (T.S.)
TE: Hockenson, Kmet, L.Schoonmaker, Likely (T.S.)
Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd & 3rd

Team Two: One Nation
12 Team IDP- PPR- Superflex- Dynasy - 8 Offensive Starters- 1 DL, 1 EDR, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1DP (DL/LB/DB)

QB: Mahomes, Love, Lance, Purdy
HB: Chubb, Etienne, Akers, Dillion, J.Cook, P.Strong (T.S.), Z.White (T.S.)
WR: Waddle, Jameson, A.Cooper, “Bayou”.Michael.Thomas, Pickens, T.Marshall
TE: Waller, I.Smith.Jr, Otton (T.S.)
LB: D.Lloyd, Q.Walker, D.Long, J.Baker, J.Jewel
DB: J.Chinn, J.Pitre, J.Brisker
DL/ER: S.Hubbard, K.Mack, K.Paye
Picks: '23 1.05, 1.07, 1.12 & 3.07

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:37 am

Eight7Seven wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:22 am I traded Javorius Allen and a DB (AJ Bouye) for Ameer Yesterday. Both Allen and Bouye I had picked up off of waivers, the DB minutes before he locked in week one and Allen in the week two auction. If you believe in Ameer at all now is an amazing opportunity to buy.
wow, that is an amazing deal. Sounds like the owner had him at rock bottom.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:24 am

With all things week 1 considered, it was just a down week for most. I'm not at all ready to pull the plug on his possible upside. Abdullah's usage combined with not being injured I'd say are big pluses amongst his poor week 1 performance. I am a big believer in his talent, the real questions have always been his health and usage, etc. I know he put up a putrid week 1 line, but I'm not panicking yet, as the Lions even got the W. Here's to us Abdullah hopefuls.
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:12 am

4 games into the season and he's on pace for 264 carries and 36 receptions. Blocking should improve with the impending return of Taylor Decker. Passing attack should improve, opening up things for the running game, as Stafford's YPA is currently sitting at a mere 6.43.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:00 am

His box scores look fine right now.. but I don't think the consistency of his play does.... A few points that give red flags to me
  • Averaging 3.89 ypc
  • Only 1 touch on 3rd down or later
  • Only 6 touches in the red zone
  • 34% of his carries results of runs of 1 yard or fewer (that's 10% more than the NFL average, which includes red zone/short yardage carries)
  • Snap Counts are below 50%. (compared to 3down backs that hover around 75% (Elliot is 90%))
The good news is that he's faced some of the better run defenses in the league in Arizona and Minnesota. The bad news is that despite the drop in Riddick's usage... that coach came out and said that it was the result of defensive double teams and Abdullah is still not getting short yardage or goal line looks.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:01 pm

I just packaged Ameer with a late first for Dez
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:29 pm

Reljac wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:00 am His box scores look fine right now.. but I don't think the consistency of his play does.... A few points that give red flags to me
  • Averaging 3.89 ypc
  • Only 1 touch on 3rd down or later
  • Only 6 touches in the red zone
  • 34% of his carries results of runs of 1 yard or fewer (that's 10% more than the NFL average, which includes red zone/short yardage carries)
  • Snap Counts are below 50%. (compared to 3down backs that hover around 75% (Elliot is 90%))
The good news is that he's faced some of the better run defenses in the league in Arizona and Minnesota. The bad news is that despite the drop in Riddick's usage... that coach came out and said that it was the result of defensive double teams and Abdullah is still not getting short yardage or goal line looks.
Good info here.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert