Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
azthecrow
Starter
Starter
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:05 am

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby azthecrow » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:52 am

Many are doubting him but not his coach. Sure he will have some bad weeks and the haters will be all over that. The fact is he's in an offense that looks really good and as long as that continues and he remains healthy he is going to have success.

User avatar
jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3229
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby jeffster » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:17 am

AzTheCrow wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:52 am
Many are doubting him but not his coach. Sure he will have some bad weeks and the haters will be all over that. The fact is he's in an offense that looks really good and as long as that continues and he remains healthy he is going to have success.
Are there actually any haters left? I was never really a hater, but I was fairly indifferent to the guy and ended up with him nowhere (other than in a redraft league that drafted literally the morning after Ware went down, when I stole Hunt in the 5th round).

I suppose we could argue over whether he can hold on and finish as a top-half RB1, or will just have to settle for a lower-half RB1...

User avatar
Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 14336
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:03 am

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:13 am

jimmychoi wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:26 am
Coogan, was he under the radar because of his smaller school status? He does look the part out there. I liked from early summer because he's compact and powerful for his size and very shifty.
Coogan Football wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:32 pm
And this (Hunt) folks, is why it's important to come down here for Senior Bowl week! Lol

Before he officially accepted his invitation to attend I didn't know much about him, but then I dug into his tape and got to see him up close and I was sold...and the "rest is history"

:P
Not sure, but that probably was a primary factor. As soon as I turned on the tape I became intrigued, same thing with Jamaal Williams.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

User avatar
KU Sucks
Captain
Captain
Posts: 756
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: kansas

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby KU Sucks » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:04 am

I'm a Chiefs homer & excited about Hunt, but everybody is missing out on what is helping to open those holes at the second level; the Chiefs are throwing the ball downfield. Neither the Pats or Iggles loaded up the box, that maybe changing soon. Until then "GO CHIEFS"!

User avatar
jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3229
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: Washington DC

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby jeffster » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:11 pm

KU Sucks wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:04 am
I'm a Chiefs homer & excited about Hunt, but everybody is missing out on what is helping to open those holes at the second level; the Chiefs are throwing the ball downfield. Neither the Pats or Iggles loaded up the box, that maybe changing soon. Until then "GO CHIEFS"!
Seriously, Alex Smith is basically the QB1 in most formats after two weeks.

User avatar
Space Cowboy
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6400
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Phaded wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:04 am
His final stat line was nice - but it was saved by his long TD run. Before that, he did not look good and was averaging just over 2ypc.

Something to be mindful of moving forward if you own him.
Fair point, but that's just life in the NFL.

Kluivert
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 1:11 am

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby Kluivert » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Phaded wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:04 am
His final stat line was nice - but it was saved by his long TD run. Before that, he did not look good and was averaging just over 2ypc.

Something to be mindful of moving forward if you own him.
But long TD runs count as well.
10 teams superflex - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST - 30 keepers

QB: Cousins, M. Ryan, Keenum, P. Lynch, Mahomes, Mayfield
RB: Gurley, Barkley, Cook, Hunt, Chubb, Rojo, Guice, Nyheim Hines
WR: OBJ, ARob, TY Hilton, M. Thomas, C. Davis, Z. Jones, Treadwell, K. White, P. Richardson, Pryor, M. Williams, Ridley, Moore, Pettis, D. Hamilton
TE: Kelce, OJ Howard, Engram
K: Robbie Gould
D/ST: Vikings

2015 Champion
2017 Champion

User avatar
Phaded
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8699
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:20 pm

Kluivert wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:10 pm
Phaded wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:04 am
His final stat line was nice - but it was saved by his long TD run. Before that, he did not look good and was averaging just over 2ypc.

Something to be mindful of moving forward if you own him.
But long TD runs count as well.
Of course they do, I did not say they did not.
You are clearly missing the point of me saying that, though.
Do not join a league that has a veto option, it will be your funeral.
:boohoo:

User avatar
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3325
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby Plank » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Phaded hates on everyone .. :P He's the wet blanket of the forums. :lol:
@PlankMelody

User avatar
Phaded
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8699
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:48 pm

Plank wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:33 pm
Phaded hates on everyone .. :P He's the wet blanket of the forums. :lol:
You know me so well, Plank.
:)

I just believe someone has to play devils advocate and it cannot be all sunshine and rainbows.

Really though, I am not say anything conclusive about Hunt as it is far too early. I just believe it is worth monitoring as chasing RBs that inflate those stats with a single run is often very risky.
Do not join a league that has a veto option, it will be your funeral.
:boohoo:

jimmychoi
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby jimmychoi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:48 pm

It's amazing to see a decent offensive line go to work as well. I'm a Mixon and Miller owner, and I just cringe when I watch them try to run block. I understand he's not transcendent, but I'm enjoying having him in my lineup.
jeffster wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:11 pm
KU Sucks wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:04 am
I'm a Chiefs homer & excited about Hunt, but everybody is missing out on what is helping to open those holes at the second level; the Chiefs are throwing the ball downfield. Neither the Pats or Iggles loaded up the box, that maybe changing soon. Until then "GO CHIEFS"!
Seriously, Alex Smith is basically the QB1 in most formats after two weeks.
QBs: Carr, Watson,Gabbert
RBs: Miller, Gio, Hill, Mixon, Hunt, Lynch,Yeldon
WRs: Nuk, Corey Davis, John Brown, D. Parker, Doctson, Taywan Taylor,Garcon, Thielen
TEs: Ertz,Njoku
K:
LBs: J Davis, Mosley, D.Jones
DB: Budda
DL: JPP

Online
User avatar
Vcize
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1750
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby Vcize » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Philly has one of the best front 7's in football. 62% of Hunt's runs against them last week were against 8 men in the box. Two more were against 9 in the box. None came against fewer than 7 in the box.

Between the front 7 and the way they sold out to stop the run this was about as bad a matchup as there will be all year, and he still managed to find a way to put up 25 fantasy points.

Obviously there will be ups and downs, but it's nice to see it wasn't just a weak NE defense and he's capable of producing when the deck is stacked against him as well. Should be a fun season.
Team 1 (12 team standard, q/r/r/w/w/f/t/k/d)
QB: Brees, Dak
RB: Bell, D Johnson, Fournette, Penny, Lynch, Conner, Foreman
WR: Brown, Diggs, Dez, Lockett
TE: Gronk, Graham
K: Tucker
Def: Jags, Texans

Team 2 (12 team PPR, q/r/r/w/w/w/f/t/k/d)
QB: Dak, Mahomes
RB: Fournette, Kamara, Michel, Kerryon, Blount
WR: Beckham, Thielen, GTate, M Williams, Decker, Enunwa
TE: Eifert, Hooper, Gesicki

Team 3 (12 Team PPR TE Premium, q/r/r/w/w/f/f/t/k/d)
QB: Wentz, Luck
RB: Hunt, Ajayi, Kerryon, Foreman, White
WR: OBJ, Cooks, ARob, Richardson, Benjamin, Moncrief, Pettis, Hurns, Lockett
TE: Burton, Rico

User avatar
dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1142
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby dm1129 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:27 pm

On Hunt's 53 yard TD, it looks like at least one, if not multiple, LBs screwed up on their gap assignments. Look at the run objectively and Hunt literally just runs straight forward to open space. So yes, long runs do count, but the point is Spence Ware or just about any decent NFL RB would have had the same result. On Hunt's other 12 carries, he had 28 yards(2.3ypc). Hunt has done some things very well, but the hype is out of control.

Online
User avatar
Vcize
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1750
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby Vcize » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 pm

dm1129 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:27 pm
On Hunt's 53 yard TD, it looks like at least one, if not multiple, LBs screwed up on their gap assignments. Look at the run objectively and Hunt literally just runs straight forward to open space. So yes, long runs do count, but the point is Spence Ware or just about any decent NFL RB would have had the same result. On Hunt's other 12 carries, he had 28 yards(2.3ypc). Hunt has done some things very well, but the hype is out of control.
I disagree.

Those kind of opportunities aren't uncommon in the NFL, where there is a big hole that gets the runner up to the safeties. But they are not often turned into long TDs. Either the safety makes the tackle or, more commonly, at least slows the runner down enough for the rest of the defense to pile on.

On that play Hunt made a subtle, early cut to create a bad angle for the safety that not only allowed him to beat the safety, but more importantly beat him without slowing down. That's what creates those long runs. We all love watching the SPARQ guys make some sick jump cut or spin move on the safety and we all high five when they do it while 5 defenders drag him down from behind for a 12 yard gain that could have been 53 if he'd beaten the safety with something a little more subtle that didn't slow him down as much.

Instincts and vision are an important part of a RBs talent, but that seems to be something people overlook so commonly. That's the reason that Joe Mixon isn't even a starting RB right now even though message board warriors were sure all that the SPARQ stud had to do was not punch any women even as the scouting reports filled with mentions of his poor instincts and vision around the line of scrimmage, while SPARQ duds Hunt and Cook are relying on their elite vision and instincts to run away from guys like him in fantasy value despite their average athleticism.
Team 1 (12 team standard, q/r/r/w/w/f/t/k/d)
QB: Brees, Dak
RB: Bell, D Johnson, Fournette, Penny, Lynch, Conner, Foreman
WR: Brown, Diggs, Dez, Lockett
TE: Gronk, Graham
K: Tucker
Def: Jags, Texans

Team 2 (12 team PPR, q/r/r/w/w/w/f/t/k/d)
QB: Dak, Mahomes
RB: Fournette, Kamara, Michel, Kerryon, Blount
WR: Beckham, Thielen, GTate, M Williams, Decker, Enunwa
TE: Eifert, Hooper, Gesicki

Team 3 (12 Team PPR TE Premium, q/r/r/w/w/f/f/t/k/d)
QB: Wentz, Luck
RB: Hunt, Ajayi, Kerryon, Foreman, White
WR: OBJ, Cooks, ARob, Richardson, Benjamin, Moncrief, Pettis, Hurns, Lockett
TE: Burton, Rico

User avatar
dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1142
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby dm1129 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:02 pm

Vcize wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 pm
dm1129 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:27 pm
On Hunt's 53 yard TD, it looks like at least one, if not multiple, LBs screwed up on their gap assignments. Look at the run objectively and Hunt literally just runs straight forward to open space. So yes, long runs do count, but the point is Spence Ware or just about any decent NFL RB would have had the same result. On Hunt's other 12 carries, he had 28 yards(2.3ypc). Hunt has done some things very well, but the hype is out of control.
I disagree.

Those kind of opportunities aren't uncommon in the NFL, where there is a big hole that gets the runner up to the safeties. But they are not often turned into long TDs. Either the safety makes the tackle or, more commonly, at least slows the runner down enough for the rest of the defense to pile on.

On that play Hunt made a subtle, early cut to create a bad angle for the safety that not only allowed him to beat the safety, but more importantly beat him without slowing down. That's what creates those long runs. We all love watching the SPARQ guys make some sick jump cut or spin move on the safety and we all high five when they do it while 5 defenders drag him down from behind for a 12 yard gain that could have been 53 if he'd beaten the safety with something a little more subtle that didn't slow him down as much.

Instincts and vision are an important part of a RBs talent, but that seems to be something people overlook so commonly. That's the reason that Joe Mixon isn't even a starting RB right now even though message board warriors were sure all that the SPARQ stud had to do was not punch any women even as the scouting reports filled with mentions of his poor instincts and vision around the line of scrimmage, while SPARQ duds Hunt and Cook are relying on their elite vision and instincts to run away from guys like him in fantasy value despite their average athleticism.
Haha, ok. Yeah, you're defiitely drinking the kool aid.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests