Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:35 pm

AzTheCrow wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:25 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:19 pm
AzTheCrow wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:16 pm
He's a 3 down workhorse which is rare these days. He looks to be very durable and determined. He's in an offense that is starting to open up. It was his first NFL game. He played against a competitive NFL home team who were fired up and are the reigning superbowl champs. Oh yeah, he also set a record. I don't get that there is any negativity. If some people wanna brag I don't have a problem with it. I really enjoyed watching that performance last night. I'm not selling at all. This is the type of player I look for and try to keep on my teams.
"He looks to be very durable"... what does that mean? How can he possibly have proved that? I'm not saying he's NOT durable, but it's impossible to say that he showed durability in the first night of his career.
It's my opinion. I thought he looked durable. If you think it's impossible that's your opinion. Alot of plays looked like the type that could cause injury yet he kept getting back up and grinding.
I hear ya. He did look tough! Especially because he is NOT a big boy at all, it was impressive to see him continually push for extra yards, playing against backups or not.
T1
ELI, Flacco
ZEKE/LYNCH, Foreman, Ellington, Darkwa, D Williams, M Jones, Yeldon
WATKINS/ALSHON/THIELEN/MACLIN, J-Matt, Wallace, Humphries, Dorsett, Rudolph, Hansen (AROB/Marshall)
KELCE, Engram, Watson, Shaheen, Maxx
-
DL: JORDAN/FLOWERS/ANSAH, Hughes, Addison, Short, M Jackson, Okafor
LB: CUNNINGHAM/GOODSON/E KENDRICKS, N Vigil, Schobert, James, Morrison, Simon, Nick K, C. Jones, Pullard (FREEMAN)
DB: ADDAE, FARLEY, POYER, Maye, Heath, Amos, Simmons

T2
MARIOTA, Cousins, Rivers, Colt
GORDON/GURLEY/AJAYI, Mixon, Gore, T West, Hill, D Williams, Dayes, M Jones
DEZ/CRABS/DIGGS, Fitz, Parker, Pryor, M Bryant, J-Matt, T Smith, Wallace, Zay, Rudolph, Strong (AROB, Meredith)
DOYLE, Engram, Watson, Swoope, Dickson
-
DL: GRIFFEN/BUCKNER/HEYWARD, Leo W, Wilkerson, Ogbah, Okafor, Zettel, Tomlinson, Covington, Dumervil
LB: WRIGHT/GOODSON/SIMON/KIKO, Klein, Ford, Humber, McPhee, C Jones, Judon, K Robinson, Scarlett, Pullard
DB: CHURCH/WARD/ADDAE, T Wilson, Simmons, Farley, C Davis

dpham503
Rookie
Rookie

Postby dpham503 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:41 pm

Agreed, there were a few runs where he looked like he would get stuffed at LoS but he manages to wiggle his way through the crowd and pick up a few more yards.
12-Team, Full PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLX, K, DST
QB: Rodgers, Dalton, Kizer
RB: Freeman, Hunt, Ingram, C. West, Collins, Ekeler
WR: AB, Nelson, Landry, Matthews, Godwin, Agholor, Louis, Gentry, Gordon, Meredith
TE: Ebron, Everett, Kittle, Smith
K: Lutz
Def: Tennessee

Shoreline Steamers
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:23 pm

jcc6fd wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:10 am
2. His big receiving TD was running against a backup who had already committed 2 penalties. Forget his name but he was the tatted white guy they brought in to replace Hightower.
Former Seahawk Casius Marsh. Former, because he sucks as was on full display last night.
AzTheCrow wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:16 pm
He's a 3 down workhorse which is rare these days. He looks to be very durable and determined.
He does appear to be that, and Reid does seem to prefer to have one guy handle the bulk of the work. Hunt ran hard, and had more touches than I would have expected. I was however surprised that he was still in the game when the Chiefs were up 42-27 late. At that point, West should have been mopping-up to save Hunt for the rest of the season.

Heck of a debut game for Kareem, and a surprise outcome as well. I didn't see many people giving KC a snowball's chance in Foxboro, including myself admittedly.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, (RB/WR/TE), K, D

QB: R. Wilson
RB: L. Miller, I. Crowell, J. Mixon, T. Rawls, S. Perine, Duke Johnson, K. Dixon
WR: D. Bryant, T.Y. Hilton, M. Thomas (N.O.), A. Jeffery, R. Cobb, K. White, C. Conley
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, E. Engram
2018 Picks: (2) 1st's Aug. Draft

abecksta
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby abecksta » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:25 pm

Traded Tyler Boyd for 2.02 in our rookie draft to draft Hunt back in May. :thumbup:

saw061600
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby saw061600 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:27 am

Coogan Football wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:44 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:07 pm
Valhalla wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:01 pm
I like Hunt and liked him before this game. I was making a joke of it because people are being a bit too boastful. "I drafted him at 1.3 and look how genius I am" comments just bother me.
1. Ware went down. Unless you drafted him at 1.3 after the ware injury, you got lucky that the competition to your pick was extinguished.
2. The Pats D was atrocious. Hunt played well but I wasn't awe-struck at any point. It was plays a lot of good backs could make. He ran for a LOT of untouched yards. Also, the long td reception (80 or so yards?)...he should have pretty successfully been tackled on. Bad defense allowed that to go for so long.

Again, I like Hunt and think he's a quality back. I just think it's a bit (falsely) boastful to brag about how smart you are for drafting him when not only has his situation DRASTICALLY improved since most drafts, but the game circumstances (holes he was given, horrible tackling) was set up perfectly for ANY good back to look great. Hunt is a good, capable back. I'd be a seller at great back prices.
X2 on this entire post. Very well said.
Make that 3
Piling on, well said. Adding that the "easy to tell who owns Hunt" comments equal lazy thinking. There are quite a few posts from guys that DON'T own Hunt indicating how good he looked. Some are ignoring what he did well and pointing out how bad NE looked as the reason for his success, some are on the hype train and all in after 1 game (while others claim they've watched for YEARS and new he was going to be AWESOMENESS), and others are trying to figure out his actual value by considering all the factors. The lazy thinkers would do well to pay some heed to the the third group listed.
10 TM 85 RST -WW STD
Dalton Mariota Tanny
Miller Ajayi Henry Foreman AJones Buck AA Gio Dixon Perkins JC
Julio Evans ARob Watkins Cooks Diggs Parker MWilliams Tread Doctson Boyd Perriman
Gronk Kelce Engram
Watt Ansah Williams Richardson Taylor Graham
Bowman Collins Mosley Kendricks Bucannon DCampbell DJones DLee Compton
Vaccaro Joseph Church Iloka McLeod Williams

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Mariota Dalton
Foreman Duke Dixon Hill Smallwood Sims McNich Henderson Clement
Watkins JMatt Adams Parker Boyd Godwin Samuel Funch Agholor
Fleener Njoku Smith
Williams Hunter Clark Barnett
Williamson Perryman Jack Campbell Compton ShaqT MLee Minter Reddick
Cyprien McLeod Jones Tartt Budda

12TM PPR SFLX 53 RST
Eli Smith Kessler
Coleman Prosise Forte JStew Gore JWilliams Gallman
Jordy Watkins Cooks Baldwin Davis RMatt Golladay Carroo
Olson Walker Jonnu
Ingram Wolfe Lawson Short Tuitt
Posluszny Timmons Floyd Woodyard Dupree Lawson Reeves
Jenkins Ryans Alexander

Cameron Giles
Legend
Legend

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:28 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:49 pm
There's a poll on twitter and 50% wouldn't trade him for Fournette.
"No, I don't want a bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic version of Kareem Hunt."

:lol:

AzTheCrow
Role Player
Role Player

Postby AzTheCrow » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:58 am

lukkynumber13 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:35 pm
AzTheCrow wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:25 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:19 pm

"He looks to be very durable"... what does that mean? How can he possibly have proved that? I'm not saying he's NOT durable, but it's impossible to say that he showed durability in the first night of his career.
It's my opinion. I thought he looked durable. If you think it's impossible that's your opinion. Alot of plays looked like the type that could cause injury yet he kept getting back up and grinding.
I hear ya. He did look tough! Especially because he is NOT a big boy at all, it was impressive to see him continually push for extra yards, playing against backups or not.
Yes. Here's to hoping he gets to play against more backups this season :thumbup:

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:06 am

Dug this out of my Senior Bowl thread, from BEFORE I owned him
Coogan Football wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:59 pm

Kareem Hunt RB Toledo - Kid looks like a stud in 7on7. He runs hard and is silky smooth, somebody is gonna get a deal with this kid in the NFL draft. I briefly spoke to him after the early Wednesday practice and he seems like a good kid the is just happy to be out here competing.

Kareem Hunt RB: continued to look good today, juked a DB out of his shoes in the open field during the early scrimmage today. I imagine his tape will be solid when I get to it. Another kid that seemed to have a great attitude all week out here.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
(Superflex in '18)
Back to Back Champion 2015 & 2016
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, Hunt, J.Williams, Kamara
WR: Julio, TY, Hopkins, Thomas (NO), Watkins, Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Kupp, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Howard, Fleener, Engram, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, Bucannon, R.Foster, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, S Anthony, ShaqT, Correa, BJ Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, Adoree, D Thompson

New Madden 18 Xbox Live franchise league, gonna hold startup draft soon:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=146136
Shoot me a PM with your gamer tag

CK_
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CK_ » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:13 am

I saw someone traded Hunt for OBJ in Dynasty. Honestly seems like the perfect time to sell. It amazes me how much he is worth. I guess his value COULD get higher but that's pretty damn high for a player with one game under his belt against that horrid defense.

I would've loved to have drafted him with my 1.02 or 1.05 pick this year just to sell him for a known stud. HOLY SHIZA!

I'm all in on SELL SELL SELL right now if you can get a Evans, OBJ, and any other top 10 dynasty picks you might be in love with.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Mariota, Kizer, Jimmy G
RB: Elliot, Kelley, Prosise, Mixon, Carson
WR: C. Davis, J. Brown, M. Bryant, Lockett, Maclin, P. Rich, M. Mitchell(IR), Westbrook(IR)
TE: Gronk, Graham, Engram
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: NYG, JAX

2014: 2nd Place | 2015: 2nd | 2016: 7th :sick:

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:25 am

CK_ wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:13 am
I saw someone traded Hunt for OBJ in Dynasty. Honestly seems like the perfect time to sell. It amazes me how much he is worth. I guess his value COULD get higher but that's pretty damn high for a player with one game under his belt against that horrid defense.

I would've loved to have drafted him with my 1.02 or 1.05 pick this year just to sell him for a known stud. HOLY SHIZA!

I'm all in on SELL SELL SELL right now if you can get a Evans, OBJ, and any other top 10 dynasty picks you might be in love with.
This is absolutely insane. People trading top dynasty assets for Hunt in the past few days will be posting in the 'worst move I ever made' type threads a few years from now.

Cameron Giles
Legend
Legend

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:16 pm

CK_ wrote:

Hunt isn't worth OBJ. Dumb leagues shouldn't represent the bar for value. In a competitive and rational league, that offer gets laughed at.

CK_
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CK_ » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:27 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:16 pm
CK_ wrote:

Hunt isn't worth OBJ. Dumb leagues shouldn't represent the bar for value. In a competitive and rational league, that offer gets laughed at.

Yeah couldn't tell ya. I saw that on twitter and it seemed like the person panicked on OBJ due to injury.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Mariota, Kizer, Jimmy G
RB: Elliot, Kelley, Prosise, Mixon, Carson
WR: C. Davis, J. Brown, M. Bryant, Lockett, Maclin, P. Rich, M. Mitchell(IR), Westbrook(IR)
TE: Gronk, Graham, Engram
D/ST: NYG, JAX

2014: 2nd Place | 2015: 2nd | 2016: 7th :sick:

Reljac
Starter
Starter

Postby Reljac » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Getting excited about someone you felt strongly about breaking out is one of the best parts of dynasty. Kudos to those that own him. But dunce cap to whoever traded OBJ straight up for him.. that's not even a rational overpay.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Luck, C Wentz, C Palmer, S Bradford
RB: McCoy, David Johnson, I Crowell, J McKinnon, CJ Procise, D Henderson
WR: Julio, A Robinson, M Evans, M Thomas, B Perriman, M Williams, JuJu, C Samuel
TE: J Thomas, D Njoku
DEF: Zona

2018: 1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd

jimmychoi
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jimmychoi » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:19 pm

I'm a Hunt fan, and clearly any sane, reasonable, and experienced dynasty player would not trade OBJ for him. I've floated a few emails to gauge interest in my league, and no ones biting. I suspect it will take a few more good games for them, but by then I probably won't want to deal him.
QBs: Carr, Watson, Brissett
RBs: Miller, Gio, Hill, Mixon, Hunt, Lynch, Clement
WRs: Nuk, Corey Davis, John Brown, D. Parker, Corey Coleman, Doctson, Taywan Taylor
TEs: Ertz, Engram, Njoku
K: Vinatieri, with some streaming
LBs: J Davis, Mosley, D.Jones
DB: K. Joseph
DL: JPP

Cowboysfan33
MVP
MVP

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:20 pm

jimmychoi wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:19 pm
I'm a Hunt fan, and clearly any sane, reasonable, and experienced dynasty player would not trade OBJ for him. I've floated a few emails to gauge interest in my league, and no ones biting. I suspect it will take a few more good games for them, but by then I probably won't want to deal him.
Yeah, I'm just waiting to see what kind of offers come in. So far, an owner in one of my leagues asked me if I would do Pryor for Hunt but I said no thanks to that one.