Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby maxhyde » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:27 am

Wow one game in a career against a defense that really wasn't tackling very well...I mean Charcandrick West averaged 25ypc and a TD. I like Hunt and he looked really good but I think I will sell if I can after this performance. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this was his career game...bold statement after his first game but that was a killer game.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:28 am

dm1129 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:40 am The Hype is out of control. Last year at week 1 these forums were filled with CJ Anderson believers feeling fully vindicated and telling eveyone how he was now going to tear up the league. Hunt defintely did some things very well but last night's game has a very flukish feel to it. Alex Smith also had one of his best games ever. I think Hunt and the KC offense is going to do well, but the NE defense was also hurt and just bad. If I am a Hunt owner, and the Fournette or Mixon owner wants to trade, I do it in a heartbeat.
Stop being so reasonable.
One game is all we need.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:47 am

dm1129 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:40 am The Hype is out of control. Last year at week 1 these forums were filled with CJ Anderson believers feeling fully vindicated and telling eveyone how he was now going to tear up the league.
I was thinking the same thing but with Kelvin Benjamin last year. Everybody was saying "look he's back and better than ever" but then he fizzled out as the season wore on.

DAG
Captain
Captain

Postby DAG » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:53 am

TheDogPound wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:20 am This guy balled out last night!!!!

I am pissed because I passed on he and Mixon for Corey Davis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMH

Davis BETTER BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMH
Don't worry about your decision. Davis was the right decision and the 1.1 on many rookie boards. He may not pay off as quickly getting through some camp injuries but he should be a stud in time. FYI I took Davis 1.1, Cook 1.5, and got Hunt 1.11 so I am stoked about his game last night.
Krispy Kareem Donuts

12 team 22 man roster .5 ppr std 6 pt td for all. Start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, ST

Goff, Mariota
Mack, K Hunt, J Adams, A Jones, J Richard, I Smith, E McGuire, Lynch, Ballage
M Thomas, Godwin, Fitzgerald, Agholor, Doctson, T Smith, D Parker, Kumerow
Kittle, Herndon

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:00 am

maxhyde wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:27 am Wow one game in a career against a defense that really wasn't tackling very well...I mean Charcandrick West averaged 25ypc and a TD. I like Hunt and he looked really good but I think I will sell if I can after this performance. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this was his career game...bold statement after his first game but that was a killer game.
dm1129 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:40 am The Hype is out of control. Last year at week 1 these forums were filled with CJ Anderson believers feeling fully vindicated and telling eveyone how he was now going to tear up the league. Hunt defintely did some things very well but last night's game has a very flukish feel to it. Alex Smith also had one of his best games ever. I think Hunt and the KC offense is going to do well, but the NE defense was also hurt and just bad. If I am a Hunt owner, and the Fournette or Mixon owner wants to trade, I do it in a heartbeat.
These.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:10 am

As a Chiefs fan I am cautiously optimistic. He played very well, there's no way around it. But watching the game a few things jumped out.

1. He was running around the edge of the line untouched all night. Obviously you need to be fast/quick to accomplish this but when Charcandrick West ran through NE like they were tissue paper for his TD it was apparent how bad NE was defending the run.

2. His big receiving TD was running against a backup who had already committed 2 penalties. Forget his name but he was the tatted white guy they brought in to replace Hightower.

3. The game plan was to stop Kelce and to a lesser extent Hill. They were bracketing against Kelce all night and clearly thought he was the only real offensive threat. Hunt will now be on every defensive coordinator's radar. The Chiefs took advantage in Bellichek-esque fashion. Although it doesn't surprise me because Reid is also an elite head coach.

So before we induct Hunt into Canton maybe we should wait to see how defenses react after seeing in him live game action for the first time. I loved watching him and think he has great potential, but there are plenty of reasons to question the legitimacy of his performance.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:12 am

maxhyde wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:27 am Wow one game in a career against a defense that really wasn't tackling very well...I mean Charcandrick West averaged 25ypc and a TD. I like Hunt and he looked really good but I think I will sell if I can after this performance. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this was his career game...bold statement after his first game but that was a killer game.
exactly my thoughts if I owned him anywhere , he reminds me of a guy that also exploded out of the gate but left many wanting much more - that guy carnell williams seemed destined for canton straight away , alas it didn't happen.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:44 am

jcc6fd wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:10 am So before we induct Hunt into Canton maybe we should wait to see how defenses react after seeing in him live game action for the first time.
Well that's the rub, right? The long you wait, the more his value changes. Maybe this was like Quentin Griffin's big breakout game, or maybe it was like Arian Foster's. Right now his value is kind of in the middle of those two as people are still hedging to an extent. If you think he's more Arian Foster than buying now could still be buying low. If you think he's more Quentin Griffin than obviously it's buying high.

We'd all love to see how he does the rest of the year first, but if he does play well the rest of the year his value is only going up from here.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:53 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:12 am exactly my thoughts if I owned him anywhere , he reminds me of a guy that also exploded out of the gate but left many wanting much more - that guy carnell williams seemed destined for canton straight away , alas it didn't happen.
There was a lot more to Carnell's demise than him just being a fluke. Bruce Gradkowski faceplanted in his second year creating a situation like Gurley is dealing. He then tore his pateller tendon in one knee in his 3rd year and then in the other knee in his forth year...

As for Cadillac's rookie year, I'm pretty sure any Rookie RB owner will be happy to walk away with a rookie year of 6 100+yd games, 3 150ish yd games and nearly 1250 total yards and 6 TDs.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:03 pm

We haven't seen the top end speed of Hunt yet. He only slowed so he could tell the defenders that if they tried to tackle C. West when he came into the game, Hunt would step on their faces. That's the only reason West also gashed this defense. Otherwise, the defense was playing incredible and Hunt is just that good. Thor's cousin, I believe.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:28 pm

I mean, Hunt just produced the most yards EVER for a rookie RB in their debut, so it's hard not to be excited. Now, obviously if Hunt owners are expecting this every week then that's just crazy, but I do think there's a little bit of jealousy, at least a little from owners that didn't draft him😎

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:32 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:28 pm I mean, Hunt just produced the most yards EVER for a rookie RB in their debut, so it's hard not to be excited. Now, obviously if Hunt owners are expecting this every week then that's just crazy, but I do think there's a little bit of jealousy, at least a little from owners that didn't draft him😎
You notice that too :lol:
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Is there anyone using this game to sell him for a lateral RB they like more?

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:41 pm

balaberda wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:32 pm Is there anyone using this game to sell him for a lateral RB they like more?
You'd have to listen for sure. I know that's the smart thing to do is sell high. I'm expecting to get some offers for him.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:24 pm

I don't know how much I "sold high", but was able to sell Hunt, D. Martin, and a starting LB (Mark Barron) and received Gurley, R. Kelley, and Crabtree. I had tons of LB depth and needed WR talent so I'm happy with it.

(Not for team in sig obviously)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)