Nathan Peterman HYPE!!!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Nathan Peterman HYPE!!!

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Decent size, athleticism, arm strength, big hands, quick release, and comes from a pro-style passing attack.

Made some good "NFL throws" his 2nd preseason game

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Nathan Peterman HYPE!!!

Postby ericanadian » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:32 pm

The Bills are seeming more and more determined to move on from Tyrod and literally anyone associated with the previous regime. He'll almost certainly get a shot. I'm never all that high on QBs playing in Buffalo, but he's worth a look in leagues with high QB values.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:48 pm

I like Peterman fine. But there's a natural cap on the passing-game upside of all Buffalo QBs; New Era Field is too windy for reliable high-end passing stats. This is exactly why Buffalo's offenses have always been run-game oriented. Going back... forever. Even during Jim Kelly's time.

Taylor has been, at times, a viable low-end QB1 in fantasy in crucial part thanks to his legs. Peterman might very well be a better passer than Taylor, but he's also drastically less of a dual-threat. So in fantasy, it's logical to expect Peterman to be a downgrade from Taylor. Could potentially be a better real-life NFL QB, but that's cold-comfort for our purposes.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:03 pm

Sean McDermott has essentially taken over all control of the Bills franchise. Based on his actions from essentially day 1, I think it is safe to say he is very different in many ways from the previous regime and honestly most coaches/GMs in the league. My impression is McDermott does not bellieve in Taylor and for that reason Peterman is going to get every chance to prove himself.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:42 pm

dm1129 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:03 pm Sean McDermott has essentially taken over all control of the Bills franchise. Based on his actions from essentially day 1, I think it is safe to say he is very different in many ways from the previous regime and honestly most coaches/GMs in the league. My impression is McDermott does not bellieve in Taylor and for that reason Peterman is going to get every chance to prove himself.
Agreed he's different and could turn the Bills into something, but I'm not sold that he's trying to move away from Tyrod. What sells you?

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:52 pm

They are going to have 7 picks in the first 3 rounds most likely so i was thinking a qb was in the mix with one of them, especially a trade up scenario with all that ammo.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:26 pm

Friction wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:52 pm They are going to have 7 picks in the first 3 rounds most likely so i was thinking a qb was in the mix with one of them, especially a trade up scenario with all that ammo.
good point. QB rich draft, too

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:39 pm

McDermott came out and said Tyrod would take all the 1st team reps leading up to the game next week and that he'd be starting week 1, said he has "all the confidence in the world" in Tyrod

Maybe they move on next year and trade Tyrod somewhere or keep him another year to let a rookie QB develop but 1 bad game in a new offense without his #1 target from the previous 2 years is hardly enough to condemn the guy for a 5th round rookie QB who has been doing well against 2s and 3s
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:28 pm

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I spent almost a whole practice session in Mobile one day watching him and the other QBs in drills and he looked heads and shoulders above the rest of them as far as arm talent goes. They were throwing from out of the end zone and I was up against the fence about 20 feet front them, it was pretty sweet.

This is reason #17263 that more of you guys need to come down to Southern Alabama in January!

I just tweeted something for you guys, go check it:

@BCoogan23
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:07 am

When you say "arm talent" are you referring strictly to strength or also to accuracy, control, etc.?

This is super important for me as I own Peterman in my Superflex league! :dance:

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:52 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:26 pmgood point. QB rich draft, too
As of TODAY, remember that this time last year Brad Kaaya was the next shining star....there's way too much college season before we start anointing QBs....1/2 maybe 3 will survive this season...happens every year.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:35 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:07 am When you say "arm talent" are you referring strictly to strength or also to accuracy, control, etc.?

This is super important for me as I own Peterman in my Superflex league! :dance:
Accuracy. Great rhythm passer with solid accuracy.

He lacks arm strength which is his downside.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:38 am

GhostOfMasoli wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:52 am
Valhalla wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:26 pmgood point. QB rich draft, too
As of TODAY, remember that this time last year Brad Kaaya was the next shining star....there's way too much college season before we start anointing QBs....1/2 maybe 3 will survive this season...happens every year.
Some will crash and burn for sure. I saw a mock that had Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson, Rudolph, Falk, and Stidham all in the first rd. They folllowed it up with another three or four second rd qbs. Nuts if that came close to happening.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:51 pm

Mora doesn't think Rosen will declare this year, for what that's worth.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm a bit worried about the Bills run game also, feel the reason it worked so well, was some of the dynamic scheme of Tyrod as a running threat, if they are trying to keep him in the pocket like a traditional passer we could see the Bills great running attack be much less effective ..

.. and yes, I think Peterman would fit the offense better if they want a traditional QB.
@PlankMelody