Nathan Peterman HYPE!!!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Nathan Peterman HYPE!!!

Postby DJB » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:11 pm

The time to buy Peterman is fading. Cost will go up. Taylor has looked awful in this offence and he's always hurt. Bills are going to be bad so likely will have Peterman make starts down the stretch to really evaluate him.

Looked real solid in his last game. He's effective, moves the ball and efficient . I'd like him to take some deep shots but other than that a Chad Pennington game manager.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:12 pm

The time to buy Peterman is fading. Cost will go up. Taylor has looked awful in this offence and he's always hurt. Bills are going to be bad so likely will have Peterman make starts down the stretch to really evaluate him.

Looked real solid in his last game. He's effective, moves the ball and efficient . I'd like him to take some deep shots but other than that a Chad Pennington game manager.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Hype train leaving the station

smoger45
Role Player
Role Player

Postby smoger45 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:50 pm

Grabbed him this morning. Some one dropped him for Cameron Meredith.
16 team 30 man PPR High scoring format.
QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/WR|TE flex
D/D/DB/DB/DL/LB/LB/LB/CB
Completions .5
Passing Yards 15 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 10
Interceptions -4
Rushing Attempts .5
Rushing Yards 5
yards per point Rushing Touchdowns 10 Receptions 1
Receiving Yards 4 yards per point
Receiving Touchdowns 10
Return Touchdowns 20
2-Point Conversions 3
Fumbles Lost -4
Offensive Fumble Return TD 20
Kickers
Field Goals
0-19 Yards 5 20-29 Yards 6 30-39 Yards 8 40-49 Yards 12 50+ Yards 15
Point After Attempt Made 2

QB. D. Jones, Herbert,
RB. D. Pearce, M. Gordon, N. Harris D. Singletary, Jamal Williams, Ty Johnson
WR. A. Cooper, Djax, Marquise Brown, OBJ, E. Moore, Duvernay, V. Jones
TE Z. Ertz, D. Waller
K W. Lutz
LB J. Baker, Mykal, Pratt, J.Phillips
DE C. Jordan, B. Burns
CB T. Diggs, K. Gordon, P. Adebo
S T. Edmunds, A. Winfield Jr. Marcus Williams

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:39 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:01 pm Hype train leaving the station
Sean McDermott is an idiot. Buffalo had a solid shot to make the post season with Taylor. This is a huge step backwards. It's not all that surprising, though. This is an organization looking for any excuse to bench Tyrod. It only took two and a half years of quality franchise QB level play for one bad game enough for them to try to justify a move. It's going to bite them. I'm hoping for 4 or 5 interceptions this week alone for Peterson for the coaching staff to have that "oh crap" moment to set in realizing they probably tanked their own season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:02 pm

This is especially strange considering they're up against the Chargers. You would think you would just want to run it down their throat and having Tyrod as a second rushing option would only help that. They can't keep making these headscratching moves and not have at least one of them blow up, can they?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:17 pm

They just want to ruin my Shady shares by making the run game less dynamic rendering a beautiful strength of schedule irrelevant .. heh.

Atleast Peterman will be going up vs bad pass defenses rest of season. Some consolation. The Peterman era begins.
@PlankMelody

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:34 pm

Peterman may or may not end up being a good QB, but Tyrod got a raw deal. His passing numbers may not be impressive, but I think Tyrod's done more with less than pretty much every other QB in the league, and in some regards it's been that way for multiple seasons.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:12 pm

The only positive I'm drawing from this is the possibility of getting Tyrod to my Browns. Sad day for Buffalo fans.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:09 pm

Anyone who thought Tyrod was going to be in Buffalo long-term is/was completely naive.

What he's been through is worse than the whole Cousins saga. Buffalo already surprised people, so now they'll just go underdeliver....I don't hate the move to start Peterman since Tyrod won't be apart of the picture but why did it take this long? Couldn't you have traded him? I dunno.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:13 pm

Pat Kirwan is quite high on this kid and when Kirwan talks, I listen, because he really knows his stuff. With that said, it may not translate to fantasy success

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:38 pm

I get the frustration from people in regards to any Tyrod shares they own but I do not understand the lack in understanding of why they would make such a move. This was a positive move on their part due to they want to run the ball but they also want a QB that throws further than 10 yards downfield often. That is not happening and defenses are learning that over the past few games. Even if Peterman does turn out for them it won't bode well for Fantasy more than likely because Tyrod was a much better Fantasy than IRL QB.

I'm sorry they did not have a shot with Taylor no matter how you look at it. Being one dimensional is not a goood thing. Defenses knew when they weren't running that it would be a short pass via Tyrod. Tyrod needs to go to an offense that will support his style and this is just simply not his place.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:10 am

I acquired Peterman in the leagues I had space for surprisingly little free agent money. People are still sleeping on him. A couple guys hadn't heard of him!

I know the odds are long that he's fantasy football relevant, but this is why I have disposable roster spaces. It's how I got Tyrod.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:45 pm

CK_ wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:38 pm I get the frustration from people in regards to any Tyrod shares they own but I do not understand the lack in understanding of why they would make such a move. This was a positive move on their part due to they want to run the ball but they also want a QB that throws further than 10 yards downfield often. That is not happening and defenses are learning that over the past few games. Even if Peterman does turn out for them it won't bode well for Fantasy more than likely because Tyrod was a much better Fantasy than IRL QB.

I'm sorry they did not have a shot with Taylor no matter how you look at it. Being one dimensional is not a goood thing. Defenses knew when they weren't running that it would be a short pass via Tyrod. Tyrod needs to go to an offense that will support his style and this is just simply not his place.
I get what you're saying, but are we sure that's Tyrod? He's proven capable of going downfield in previous seasons. In 2015 his aDoT was over 10. Last year, it was well over 9. It's really only been this year that he's moved to nothing but short passes.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:55 pm

I understand the move to a degree, if BUF has done one thing, its been consistency with how they feel about Tyrod, and it goes to say, if you don't think the guy can elevate your team, especially in a playoff race, than you should start your other option as soon as possible, we can see the same situation developing in MIN with Case and Teddy soon ..

One comment/concept I came across that gave me a good deal of pause, was that Tyrod is one of the Teams Captains .. That means a lot in a locker room and really shouldn't be taken lightly, if Peterman does well (and he does have a good schedule ahead with poor pass defenses) we'll forget about all this, but if he doesn't ... I don't think it will go over too well with the fans, players, everyone involved..
@PlankMelody