Nathan Peterman HYPE!!!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Nathan Peterman HYPE!!!

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:55 am

Friction wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:06 am Oh, we could get even more wasteful. We could somehow turn this into a Peterman trade offer-veto-collusion thread.
:lol:
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:10 am

Friction wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:06 am Oh, we could get even more wasteful. We could somehow turn this into a Peterman trade offer-veto-collusion thread.
Please no...

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:34 am

Speaking Monday, Bills coach Sean McDermott said he was "still evaluating" his Week 12 quarterback decision.
...how incompetent is this coach?

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:51 am

It will be interesting to see how the team responds next week. In the past three weeks, BUF has given up 135 points(with a defensive HC). To have a head coach make such a terrible move at QB while the team is still in playoff contention is incredible. I want to see if McDermott has lost the team....

smoger45
Role Player
Role Player

Postby smoger45 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:00 pm

dipANDglide wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:22 pm
Coogan Football wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:21 pm Kareem Hunt's very first carry this year resulted in a fumble.

Brett Favre's first NFL pass was a pick
You get an A for effort, Coogs! Terrible decision exposed in the first 10 min of this game. The coach and organization needs to be roasted for this. At least they realized their mistake and put Tyrod back in right away.
Right away would have been after the 3rd INT
16 team 30 man PPR High scoring format.
QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/WR|TE flex
D/D/DB/DB/DL/LB/LB/LB/CB
Completions .5
Passing Yards 15 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 10
Interceptions -4
Rushing Attempts .5
Rushing Yards 5
yards per point Rushing Touchdowns 10 Receptions 1
Receiving Yards 4 yards per point
Receiving Touchdowns 10
Return Touchdowns 20
2-Point Conversions 3
Fumbles Lost -4
Offensive Fumble Return TD 20
Kickers
Field Goals
0-19 Yards 5 20-29 Yards 6 30-39 Yards 8 40-49 Yards 12 50+ Yards 15
Point After Attempt Made 2

QB. D. Jones, Herbert,
RB. D. Pearce, M. Gordon, N. Harris D. Singletary, Jamal Williams, Ty Johnson
WR. A. Cooper, Djax, Marquise Brown, OBJ, E. Moore, Duvernay, V. Jones
TE Z. Ertz, D. Waller
K W. Lutz
LB J. Baker, Mykal, Pratt, J.Phillips
DE C. Jordan, B. Burns
CB T. Diggs, K. Gordon, P. Adebo
S T. Edmunds, A. Winfield Jr. Marcus Williams

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:37 pm

At 5-4 heading into the game with the Chargers it really made no sense to insert Peterman. The AFC overall is somewhat weak this year, and Buffalo was very much in the playoff race with Tyrod as the starter.

I get that the organization hasn't been behind him as their franchise QB, but what's to make them think that a rookie 5th-rounder gives your team the best chance to win? Unbelievable. Yesterday really made Buffalo look completely incompetent. Or perhaps just reaffirmed that fact.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:51 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:34 am
Speaking Monday, Bills coach Sean McDermott said he was "still evaluating" his Week 12 quarterback decision.
Prideful might be the right term. He never liked Tyrod and clearly wants to make a power play. Unfortunately Peterman is so bad that he can't even make a developing the future franchise QB argument (a la Jackson for Kizer in Cleveland).

The real loser in all of this is Tyrod, who deserves to start and is irrationally being scapegoated by a hard headed HC.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:48 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:37 pm At 5-4 heading into the game with the Chargers it really made no sense to insert Peterman. The AFC overall is somewhat weak this year, and Buffalo was very much in the playoff race with Tyrod as the starter.

I get that the organization hasn't been behind him as their franchise QB, but what's to make them think that a rookie 5th-rounder gives your team the best chance to win? Unbelievable. Yesterday really made Buffalo look completely incompetent. Or perhaps just reaffirmed that fact.
This is exactly how I feel about the situation. They weren't really losing because of Tyrod. It was the rest of the team that was struggling, especially the defense.

Now with that being said, I'm going to have to disagree with Skip's take on the whole comment. I personally don't view Tyrod as a franchise talent, which he seems to do given his comments. I qualify a franchise quarterback as someone who can come in and win you the game by himself and just put the team on his shoulders. I don't think Tyrod can do that. I do believe that he is an average to slightly above average quarterback that won't turn the ball over and can manage the offense well enough given talent around him. In short, I think he's very similar to Alex Smith. Which, I think is perfectly fine. If I had to list all the quarterbacks in the league, I think Tyrod would probably be in the 15-20 range for me.

The point I take issue with is the hoping that Peterman just bombed out, which he did. Peterman wasn't the one who decided to suddenly have Tyrod benched, and he certainly hasn't been pounding the table demanding the job. As far as I've been aware, he's been keeping a low profile, going to practice, and trying to improve himself into a better player while having zero off the field incidents. To come and just gleefully hope and gloat over the failure of a young kid because of an injustice done to someone else that he wasn't responsible for just seems juvenile and unwarranted.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:35 pm

Something had to have happened behind the scenes. You just don't see a HC bench a respectable QB for a 5th round rookie out of the blue.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Kaz wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:48 pm Now with that being said, I'm going to have to disagree with Skip's take on the whole comment. I personally don't view Tyrod as a franchise talent, which he seems to do given his comments. I qualify a franchise quarterback as someone who can come in and win you the game by himself and just put the team on his shoulders. I don't think Tyrod can do that. I do believe that he is an average to slightly above average quarterback that won't turn the ball over and can manage the offense well enough given talent around him. In short, I think he's very similar to Alex Smith. Which, I think is perfectly fine. If I had to list all the quarterbacks in the league, I think Tyrod would probably be in the 15-20 range for me.
I 100% view him as a franchise QB. Can he put this team on his shoulders? Joe Flacco and Eli Manning both won Superbowls. Neither of them are more talented than Tyrod. Both teams carried their respective quarterbacks. Tyrod has been carrying the Bills on his shoulders almost by himself for 2+ seasons. I'm not sure what more anyone needs to see. He's more like Russell Wilson than Alex Smith.

He's not among the greatest in the league, but the benching was an insult to common sense. There are much worse QBs in the league who have hung onto their jobs for longer periods of time.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:35 pm
Something had to have happened behind the scenes. You just don't see a HC bench a respectable QB for a 5th round rookie out of the blue.
That’s my thought. Either Tyrod has done something to make the org hate him, or the org just hates him for no reason.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:27 pm

Slackalacker wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:13 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:35 pm

That’s my thought. Either Tyrod has done something to make the org hate him, or the org just hates him for no reason.
This is a team/staff that has been looking for any excuse to bench him, trade him, cut him, etc. If there was something "behind the scenes", they would have run to the microphones exposing it.

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:15 pm

skip wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:01 pm I 100% view him as a franchise QB. Can he put this team on his shoulders? Joe Flacco and Eli Manning both won Superbowls. Neither of them are more talented than Tyrod. Both teams carried their respective quarterbacks. Tyrod has been carrying the Bills on his shoulders almost by himself for 2+ seasons. I'm not sure what more anyone needs to see. He's more like Russell Wilson than Alex Smith.

He's not among the greatest in the league, but the benching was an insult to common sense. There are much worse QBs in the league who have hung onto their jobs for longer periods of time.
You seem to be under the impression that I think Flacco and Eli are franchise quarterbacks. I don't. I've thought Flacco was overrated since before that Super Bowl run. My buddy and I have a running joke that Boldin made Flacco a lot of money. Eli is just too streaky to really be called a franchise QB to me. He certainly has some good franchise QB caliber seasons, but then he'll go out and lead the league in INTs the next. His play, along with the playcalling, has declined so far that it's laughable to even think of him that way.

Your point about him being closer to Russel Wilson might be solid, but I think Wilson is capable of going out and balling for 300+ and 3-4 Tds as needed. Again, I feel Tyrod is a very talented QB, but I think he's being helped out more by having a much better OL and RB.

Your assert that Tyrod is carrying that team by himself, while the team has been #1 in rushing yards, #1 in rushing TDs, and #2 in attempts over the last two seasons. In comparison, they are roughly #27-31 in all the passing categories. This is certainly because of the play calling, and Tyrod could possibly present himself better on a more spread scheme. However, let's not act like he's the only one out there doing anything when his team is clearly had a good offensive running game to lean on.

Another thing with Tyrod is that he really only pulls out wins versus subpar competition. Where's the marquis win that you can point out to me where he actually beat someone. Where's the win where he challenged a playoff caliber team and came back from behind and won?
Going back to 2014, the only teams he really beat that were decent was NE, and even then I think that was with Brissett starting at QB with Brady suspended and Jimmy G hurt.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:57 pm

Kaz wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:15 pm You seem to be under the impression that I think Flacco and Eli are franchise quarterbacks.
Not you specifically but generally both are considered to be and are at least entrenched enough they aren't going to get replaced. That alone can be enough to call them "franchise" QBs. If they aren't then that means that non-franchise QBs are good enough to win Superbowls.

My point is that teams have won it all with them. Tyrod is as good (better, imo) than both. It made no sense for the Bills to go away from him in the middle of a season with playoff aspirations.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:55 pm

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh I'd say that Tyrod = more Alex Smith than he is Russell Wilson. Wilson is a baller, through and through....and can singlehandedly take over a game.

Tyrod is that guy who is a decent QB but needs players around him who are better. Wilson to me is like Brady/Brees/Rodgers etc. QBs who make the players around him better. Granted, there are only a handful of QBs in the league with such a trait.
Last edited by Servo on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.