Nathan Peterman HYPE!!!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Nathan Peterman HYPE!!!

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:37 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:23 pm Because DD made a thread back before a 1st round pick and free-agent were added. :p
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:41 amPeterman was a 5th round pick. If he just makes the roster that’s a win. No need to pretend he’s the starter
Buffalo definitely wants to pretend Peterman's doing well enough this offseason to encourage some other team to give Buffalo something for him before they have to cut him or commit three QBs to the 53.
That's not impossible, because Buffalo isn't exactly competent, but he has almost zero value. Who's going to pay anything for a fifth rounder that looked totally overmatched in his limited game action?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:18 pm

Buffalo is quickly realizing that trading Tyrod was a huge mistake. Expect lots of positive talk coming about Peterman and Allen to try to mask their colossal failure.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:31 pm

ericanadian wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:37 pm That's not impossible, because Buffalo isn't exactly competent, but he has almost zero value. Who's going to pay anything for a fifth rounder that looked totally overmatched in his limited game action?
Oh yeah, the odds of it being pulled off are almost nil. May as well try, though.

I suspect Peterman only makes the 53 if McCarron is just really bad in preseason.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:39 pm

skip wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:18 pm Buffalo is quickly realizing that trading Tyrod was a huge mistake. Expect lots of positive talk coming about Peterman and Allen to try to mask their colossal failure.
Completely agree. I don’t know what drugs the Buffalo front office and coaching staff(s) have been on to blame so much of their failures on Tyrod, who by most accounts rose above a terrible situation to play well and inspire hope. They draft the least NFL ready top QB and took no care to ensure he’ll have a strong starter in front of him keeping the pressure off to have him play. Absolutely bungled
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

oregonreefers
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby oregonreefers » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:11 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:39 pm I don’t know what drugs the Buffalo front office and coaching staff(s) have been on to blame so much of their failures on Tyrod, who by most accounts rose above a terrible situation to play well and inspire hope. They draft the least NFL ready top QB and took no care to ensure he’ll have a strong starter in front of him keeping the pressure off to have him play. Absolutely bungled
Opiods, I'm guessing.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:05 pm

Those Baby Boomers sure love 'em, I hear.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:01 am

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:39 pm
skip wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:18 pm Buffalo is quickly realizing that trading Tyrod was a huge mistake. Expect lots of positive talk coming about Peterman and Allen to try to mask their colossal failure.
Completely agree. I don’t know what drugs the Buffalo front office and coaching staff(s) have been on to blame so much of their failures on Tyrod, who by most accounts rose above a terrible situation to play well and inspire hope. They draft the least NFL ready top QB and took no care to ensure he’ll have a strong starter in front of him keeping the pressure off to have him play. Absolutely bungled
I'm not saying they haven't bungled the QB situation but I understand why they parted from Tyrod. He's a limited player whose stats have gotten progressively worse over the past 3 years. He generates less offense than Joe Flacco.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:58 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:01 am
jcc6fd wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:39 pm
I'm not saying they haven't bungled the QB situation but I understand why they parted from Tyrod. He's a limited player whose stats have gotten progressively worse over the past 3 years. He generates less offense than Joe Flacco.
Outside of McCoy, name one decent player on that offense that Tyrod had to work with and they still reached the post season. He's the scapegoat of an inept organization, plain and simple. I'm thrilled to have him starting in Cleveland this season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:48 am

Don't agree with this at all.

Tyrod is a decent QB but he lacks the ability to throw players open on a consistent basis IMO. It is hard for any team in this division having to look down the barrel of the Patriots but the Bills need to find a QB that can play in that environment. Tyrod's TD percent has dropped 3 straight years. His yards per attempt, and rating have also dropped 3 straight years. These are quite telling when looking for a franchise player. Tyrod is entering his 8th season and regardless of circumstance he has not become a franchise type QB.

Peterman is not the guy IMO but I think McCarron is a big strong player and while his body of work is small he is a mid 60% completion QB that has been in the NFL for several years and could prove to be a decent place holder until Allen is ready.

The Bills at least look to have a plan for the future, time will tell if they are correct and successful in that implementation.

It is obvious that Allen is their future. They obviously believe he has the skill set to mature into a franchise QB. the only real question is will he develop into that player.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:17 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:48 am

Tyrod is a decent QB but he lacks the ability to throw players open on a consistent basis IMO. It is hard for any team in this division having to look down the barrel of the Patriots but the Bills need to find a QB that can play in that environment. Tyrod's TD percent has dropped 3 straight years. His yards per attempt, and rating have also dropped 3 straight years. These are quite telling when looking for a franchise player. Tyrod is entering his 8th season and regardless of circumstance he has not become a franchise type QB.

Peterman is not the guy IMO but I think McCarron is a big strong player and while his body of work is small he is a mid 60% completion QB that has been in the NFL for several years and could prove to be a decent place holder until Allen is ready.

The Bills at least look to have a plan for the future, time will tell if they are correct and successful in that implementation.

It is obvious that Allen is their future. They obviously believe he has the skill set to mature into a franchise QB. the only real question is will he develop into that player.
If you like TD% and YPA, Tyrod has outperformed McCarron every single year. You bring up a 60% completion percentage whike Tyrod is rocking 62% completion. He also adds the rushing dimension. It's also pretty clear that they fell into McCarron. He was on the market for a while and they picked him up because he was cheap.

He also went from a full season with Sammy, to a half season with Sammy to no Sammy over those three years. Watkins isn't quite elite, but the team had, and has, no real weapons in the passing game. Tyrod's YPA has gone down because he's firing outlet passes to McCoy all day.

WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
K - Just a stupid kicker

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:55 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:17 pm
Ice wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:48 am

If you like TD% and YPA, Tyrod has outperformed McCarron every single year. You bring up a 60% completion percentage whike Tyrod is rocking 62% completion. He also adds the rushing dimension. It's also pretty clear that they fell into McCarron. He was on the market for a while and they picked him up because he was cheap.

He also went from a full season with Sammy, to a half season with Sammy to no Sammy over those three years. Watkins isn't quite elite, but the team had, and has, no real weapons in the passing game. Tyrod's YPA has gone down because he's firing outlet passes to McCoy all day.
Think you missed my point.

Never compared Taylor to McCarron. Thank you for the comparison though as it goes to show to neither really looks like a legit franchise QB. Taylor obviously has a massive body of work compared to McCarron who I called a PLACE HOLDER. BTW, the Bills basically get a free year out of McCarron given the contract differential.

What is a bit ironic is the Browns certainly don't see him as a franchise QB either given they just selected a QB at 1.1.

My point was I disagree with your assessment of what the Bills were thinking and the reasons why.

I still think the Bills knew exactly what they were doing in their thought process. That said, it doesn't mean necessarily that they were right but it is pretty clear Taylor is not the next Brady. The Bills are hoping Allen develops into that or at least Jim Kelly. Allen was the highest QB ever drafted by the Bills. They are desperately searching for a franchise QB for the next 10-15 years.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:03 pm

I don't recall stating an assessment of what the Bills were thinking. I suspect they've decided that they need to rebuild, so they drafted a QB early. Taylor's contract at $15M per year for two years became $15M too much, so they moved him for what they could get and clear their cap for 2019 when they expect their rookie QB to be ready. McCarron was never part of the plan, because 2018 was meaningless to them. McCarron became an option when he sat on the market and his price came down to backup QB prices at which point, he was a cheap option to provide a fig leaf of competitiveness to the fans.

I'm pretty sure they're throwing 2018, which I think is a mistake. I don't think they'll have this turned around for 2019 and I don't think the coaching staff will get much more time than that to put forward a competitive team, if they even get that long. If the team fires the coaching staff, it will stunt Allen's development, and they're right back to being terrible.

K - Just a stupid kicker

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:40 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:03 pm I don't recall stating an assessment of what the Bills were thinking. I suspect they've decided that they need to rebuild, so they drafted a QB early. Taylor's contract at $15M per year for two years became $15M too much, so they moved him for what they could get and clear their cap for 2019 when they expect their rookie QB to be ready. McCarron was never part of the plan, because 2018 was meaningless to them. McCarron became an option when he sat on the market and his price came down to backup QB prices at which point, he was a cheap option to provide a fig leaf of competitiveness to the fans.

I'm pretty sure they're throwing 2018, which I think is a mistake. I don't think they'll have this turned around for 2019 and I don't think the coaching staff will get much more time than that to put forward a competitive team, if they even get that long. If the team fires the coaching staff, it will stunt Allen's development, and they're right back to being terrible.

Confused you with Skip's post which is what my comment was about. My Bad

Taylor's contract is actually 10 million this year with a 6 million roster bonus. (7 mill is guaranteed regardless)

The Bills were brilliant in this trade getting a 3rd rounder. This trade set the table with assets needed to end up with Allen and future all pro Edmunds who will be a stud 3 down LB and will start week 1 and be the defensive signal caller.

Thinking they are somehow tanking IMO couldne't be farther from the truth. They got better on defense. Spent money to bolster their line and McCarron played really well when pushed into service a few years back and if memory serves actually got a playoff win.

McDermont is a very good coach, knows defense very well and they brought in Daboll who has been the brains behind the Alabama offense who won the title last year.

Leslie Frazier led the Bills defense last season to a 6th overall ranking against QB's and only yielded 14 TD passes. Edmunds is going to vastly improve this unit. He was my top ILB in this draft. Phillips could also be a week one starter who was picked in the 3rd at DT

They also pick up Benjamin last season who is now healthy and should help the QB's. The Bills look to be the 2nd best team in that division and have a legit shot at making the playoffs again this year.

This team is way better than I think you are giving them credit for IMO. They could take a step back without Taylor but I doubt it.

Taylor had 4 games with zero TD passes. He had 8 games with only 1 TD pass. His total passing TD's were a dismal 14. He was sacked 46 times... He holds the ball too long which was an improvement priority last year and he didn't improve in this area.

McDermon't first year was last season and it was also the first time in 18 years this team made the playoffs. His job sure looks secure to me.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:17 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:40 pm
ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:03 pm I don't recall stating an assessment of what the Bills were thinking. I suspect they've decided that they need to rebuild, so they drafted a QB early. Taylor's contract at $15M per year for two years became $15M too much, so they moved him for what they could get and clear their cap for 2019 when they expect their rookie QB to be ready. McCarron was never part of the plan, because 2018 was meaningless to them. McCarron became an option when he sat on the market and his price came down to backup QB prices at which point, he was a cheap option to provide a fig leaf of competitiveness to the fans.

Confused you with Skip's post which is what my comment was about. My Bad

Taylor's contract is actually 10 million this year with a 6 million roster bonus. (7 mill is guaranteed regardless)

The Bills were brilliant in this trade getting a 3rd rounder. This trade set the table with assets needed to end up with Allen and future all pro Edmunds who will be a stud 3 down LB and will start week 1 and be the defensive signal caller.

Thinking they are somehow tanking IMO couldne't be farther from the truth. They got better on defense. Spent money to bolster their line and McCarron played really well when pushed into service a few years back and if memory serves actually got a playoff win.

McDermont is a very good coach, knows defense very well and they brought in Daboll who has been the brains behind the Alabama offense who won the title last year.

Leslie Frazier led the Bills defense last season to a 6th overall ranking against QB's and only yielded 14 TD passes. Edmunds is going to vastly improve this unit. He was my top ILB in this draft. Phillips could also be a week one starter who was picked in the 3rd at DT

They also pick up Benjamin last season who is now healthy and should help the QB's. The Bills look to be the 2nd best team in that division and have a legit shot at making the playoffs again this year.

This team is way better than I think you are giving them credit for IMO. They could take a step back without Taylor but I doubt it.

Taylor had 4 games with zero TD passes. He had 8 games with only 1 TD pass. His total passing TD's were a dismal 14. He was sacked 46 times... He holds the ball too long which was an improvement priority last year and he didn't improve in this area.

McDermon't first year was last season and it was also the first time in 18 years this team made the playoffs. His job sure looks secure to me.
that's a very good assessment, bravo.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:55 pm

The team barely made the playoffs at 9-7. They also went 5-2 in one score games and had a -57 point differential. That screams regression. Their defense was average against the pass and bad against the run. The offense was so bad that it got Dennison fired. I'm glad you like Daboll, but he's had a few runs as an OC in the NFL and the coach was fired in pretty much every stop he made. He puts together a solid rushing attack, but has never really put together a great passing game. They also used their top pick on a guy that will provide nothing for 2018.

All that said, I think McDermott is a decent coach. I think the problem is that there are now expectations and I'm not sure the Bills management is all that patient. I lived in Toronto for a while and would love to see the Bills do well, but they've sucked for a while and there's a reason for that.

K - Just a stupid kicker