Starter
Starter

Re: Nathan Peterman HYPE!!!

Postby Pantherbro13 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm

He'll be lucky to get as many starts as JP Losman or Trent Edwards had
12 team PPR/40 player roster/5 round rookie draft

QB
- Josh Allen/Anthony Richardson/Gardner Minshew
RB - Bijan Robinson/Javonte Williams/Joe Mixon/Brian Robinson/Kendre Miller/Chase Brown
WR - Ja’Marr Chase/DJ Moore/DeVonta Smith/Zay FlowersJosh Downs/Tank Dell/Skyy Moore/Dontayvion Wicks/Trey Palmer
TE - TJ Hockenson/Sam LaPorta/Cole Kmet
K - Harrison Butker
DL - Myles Garrett/Jeffrey Simmons/Brian Burns/Christian Barmore/Ed Oliver
LB - Shaq Thompson/Ivan Pace Jr/Pete Werner/Christian Harris/Blake Cashman/Micah McFadden
DB - Kyle Hamilton/Jevon Holland/Reed Blankenship/Kyle Dugger/Dax Hill/Jalen Thompson/Amani Hooker
IR -
TS - Isaiah Likely/Isaiah Spiller/Xavier Gipson

2024 Draft picks - 1st (x2), 2nd (x4), 3rd, 4th
2025 Draft picks - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th

Jacob
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jacob » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:59 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:51 pm Mora doesn't think Rosen will declare this year, for what that's worth.
He will if Darnold stays in school. You have 3 guys who could potentially be #1 picks, so it doesn't pay for them to all come out the same year.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:11 am

Jacob wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:59 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:51 pm Mora doesn't think Rosen will declare this year, for what that's worth.
He will if Darnold stays in school. You have 3 guys who could potentially be #1 picks, so it doesn't pay for them to all come out the same year.
Even if a guy isn't sure he'll go #1, going #5 is a better bet than staying in school. There are numerous cases of collapses in value, like Jake Locker. Everyone has their own choice to make, and there's nothing wrong with finishing a degree or with choosing to stay in school for one more year for the hope of moving from #5-10 to #1. Yet, if my own kid were good enough to go #10, I would advise to come out while the stock is high. Injuries happen all the time. Bad years happen, even to very good players. Stocks drop.
The main point (to me) in going to school is to set up a career for yourself. If you have a kick-bleep career path available, why stay in school and risk injury and watching it disappear? You worked hard and the door has opened. Walk through, because the chances of a better door opening in a year is probably smaller than the chances of either a similar door or a worse door, or no door at all. Don't squander the opportunity. That's just my opinion, though.
I could see multiple top QBs coming out in the same class.

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:30 am

^^^ that.

Also consider that with multiple top QBs entering the same draft there is an much greater chance that some will land in favorable situations. While it is great to be the #1 overall selection. Going later in the first round may set a player up for better success.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:40 am

Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:11 am
Jacob wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:59 pm
Even if a guy isn't sure he'll go #1, going #5 is a better bet than staying in school. There are numerous cases of collapses in value, like Jake Locker. Everyone has their own choice to make, and there's nothing wrong with finishing a degree or with choosing to stay in school for one more year for the hope of moving from #5-10 to #1. Yet, if my own kid were good enough to go #10, I would advise to come out while the stock is high. Injuries happen all the time. Bad years happen, even to very good players. Stocks drop.
The main point (to me) in going to school is to set up a career for yourself. If you have a kick-bleep career path available, why stay in school and risk injury and watching it disappear? You worked hard and the door has opened. Walk through, because the chances of a better door opening in a year is probably smaller than the chances of either a similar door or a worse door, or no door at all. Don't squander the opportunity. That's just my opinion, though.
I could see multiple top QBs coming out in the same class.
I'd argue that the most foolish decision that anyone would make would be to stay in school. Finish the degree AFTER your playing career (if you need to finish it at all) as your ability to learn is not limited by your age. The opportunity to play a professional sport ends much, much sooner.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:52 am

Jevan Snead should have understood that :vsad:

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:36 am

Cardale Jones anyone???
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:57 am

Friction wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:36 am Cardale Jones anyone???
He was traded to the Chargers at the end of July.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:23 am

Friction wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:36 am Cardale Jones anyone???
Cardale Jones is a bad example. He wasn't ever projected to be a top 10 or so pick, not even close. His choice to come out can be argued as taking the first door available. I'm saying if the projected path is that of a high draft pick, take the path.
Also, Cardale Jones was a 3rd string QB that came in strictly due to injury and had a couple of incredible games to win a title. Incredible games, no doubt, but hardly a sample size to indicate he could actually be good for a full season even in college. Maybe by staying in college he would have been relegated back to 2nd string, been exposed as not being a sustainable talent, and fallen even further in the subsequent draft. He was still somewhat of a project on the college level. Of course he is a project on the NFL level. The large degree of unknown around him (due to limited playing time) could be seen as good or bad. He was drafted because he might just have been a hidden useful gem, but he could just as easily be a talented athlete not good enough at quarterbacking at the NFL level.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:12 pm

DJB wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:35 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:07 am When you say "arm talent" are you referring strictly to strength or also to accuracy, control, etc.?

This is super important for me as I own Peterman in my Superflex league! :dance:
Accuracy. Great rhythm passer with solid accuracy.

He lacks arm strength which is his downside.
Especially in BUF but a new regime can be trouble when you don't have a franchise QB. Peterman will get an opportunity to show he can compete with Tyrod and who knows how that will go.
Seen crazier things happen and he is a decent QB....not great but might be good enough to bridge so they can jettison Taylor and draft a new potential franchise guy next year. Always a chance when/if you get opportunity (see Dak)
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:35 pm

PeterGoat with another solid outing. And Cardale is a perfect example of stock dropping. after his three game run he was talked of being the first qb drafted by many draft pundits and his potential he flashed had him locked in the top ten with pretty much everybody. Maybe it would have dropped after the combine or who knows, but I remember being at a Titans function with a lot of higher ups from all over and they were all drooling over him. I was called crazy for not being a believer. I absolutely think he should never have been talked that high, but he certainly was after their run. Them he was the Heisman favorite pre season, which ended very quickly.
Valhalla's Father

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:39 pm

Though you may be right on Jones not having the option to come out after that year. He would be a bad example if he was not eligible, which is the topic at hand. He was a red shirt Right? But still needed one year and tanked regardless.
Valhalla's Father

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:35 pm

Somewhere between savage and hoyer.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:36 pm

What do you expect him to say? Our leader and face of the team is bolting the second the season ends? Of course he's gonna say he expects him back, talk about non news.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:55 am

I don't know if he warrants HYPE in all caps, should be more like:
"Nathan Peterman *whispers* could be a decent QB2 someday"

He is Kirk Cousins'esque
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant