General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Nathan Peterman HYPE!!!

Postby skip » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:59 pm

ArrylT wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Bot101 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:34 pm
ArrylT wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:25 pm I think we owe it to Nathan Peterman to give him the longest DLF Forums thread ever. ;)
No. This thread can burn and die.
You're not worried about the fire spreading to the Matt Barkley, Nick Mullens and/or Taysom Hill threads? :surprised:
I hope it spreads to the HOF thread...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:13 pm

skip wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:59 pm
Bot101 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:34 pm

No. This thread can burn and die.
You're not worried about the fire spreading to the Matt Barkley, Nick Mullens and/or Taysom Hill threads? :surprised:
Man Cleveland Browns fans are bitter! :o
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:09 pm

Gruden completes his master plan of tanking the entire 2019 season by trading car to promote his new secret weapon.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:19 pm

This thread has some black magic around it in that it will never, ever die
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:24 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:19 pm This thread has some black magic around it in that it will never, ever die
I have Nathan Peterman day saved in my calendar. Will be bumping September 3, 2019 to celebrate.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:00 pm

...WHY?

#TankNation

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:04 pm

https://deadspin.com/report-prophecy-fu ... 1831209761

Apparently we fulfilled some sort of prophecy ...

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:14 pm

The biggest thing I got from that article was that McCarron names his baby "Cash Carter". Talk about living the dream ( hate that saying in all actuality), smokin' hot babe, money in his pocket, and poppin' out babies like "Cash". Names like that always go down in infamy...
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Friction wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:14 pm The biggest thing I got from that article was that McCarron names his baby "Cash Carter". Talk about living the dream ( hate that saying in all actuality), smokin' hot babe, money in his pocket, and poppin' out babies like "Cash". Names like that always go down in infamy...
Don't forget never having to actually do his job... glad he gets paid millions...

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:22 pm

ArrylT wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:13 pm

75 pages devoted to a league that no one cares about except the people in it. Pretty sure that's how every league works (I doubt you care about mine...). Yet it gets continually bumped up to the front page.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:43 am

skip wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:22 pm

75 pages devoted to a league that no one cares about except the people in it. Pretty sure that's how every league works (I doubt you care about mine...). Yet it gets continually bumped up to the front page.
Haha the only thread I never click on and in the busiest sub forum. Get a room

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:14 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:00 pm ...WHY?

#TankNation
He's starting next year for the Wherever Raiders. You know it and I know it.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:25 am

skip wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:22 pm

Actually you're incorrect. I had no issues with the HOF league thread before I joined and was actively following along whenever there were posts. I follow the GEDL league when that Commissioner shares his pre-NFL Draft rookie draft. So if you shared your league(s) I'd be interested enough to keep an eye on it.

As it says in the 1st post on the 1st page of the HOF thread the intent is not to get you to care about that league - but to be an open book and hopefully give owners, new & old, some ideas about how dynasty & all things involved with a dynasty league work - think of it like a model car or home - it serves a purpose as an example. Just like hearing about the GEDL gives owners the idea to run their own version of the GEDL.

If you have no interest in checking it out - just ignore it - there are 49 other threads on the main page and there are plenty of turcorox and "is this collusion" threads to enjoy instead :)

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:42 am

I used to read the HoF thread to get ideas and strategies in "real time" as well. Thought it was a fun resource.

Maybe it's become less interesting since I joined the league?

😎
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:01 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:25 am As it says in the 1st post on the 1st page of the HOF thread the intent is not to get you to care about that league - but to be an open book and hopefully give owners, new & old, some ideas about how dynasty & all things involved with a dynasty league work - think of it like a model car or home - it serves a purpose as an example. Just like hearing about the GEDL gives owners the idea to run their own version of the GEDL.
I'd never even noticed this thread before, but this made me go and take a look. The first couple of pages were actually very interesting with each team detailing their thoughts behind the initial draft and how they ended up with the players they did, plus thoughts about future trades (amazing how player values have changed pretty quickly). I then got bored (75 pages is too much stalking to skim through) and skipped ahead to the present, and it seems like it lost its purpose and is just a recap of results and standings, that I have no interest in reading about. (I could easily have missed more interesting posts)

The concept was great though. If you truly want it to be like a model home scenario, maybe get back to the initial posts of, "this is my team, this is why I have x, y & z, this is what I want to do etc. and less of the results recap. Makes trading harder when you're so open, but seems like that was the initial point of the league?
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04