Nathan Peterman HYPE!!!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Nathan Peterman HYPE!!!

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:47 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:55 pm The team barely made the playoffs at 9-7. They also went 5-2 in one score games and had a -57 point differential. That screams regression. Their defense was average against the pass and bad against the run. The offense was so bad that it got Dennison fired. I'm glad you like Daboll, but he's had a few runs as an OC in the NFL and the coach was fired in pretty much every stop he made. He puts together a solid rushing attack, but has never really put together a great passing game. They also used their top pick on a guy that will provide nothing for 2018.

All that said, I think McDermott is a decent coach. I think the problem is that there are now expectations and I'm not sure the Bills management is all that patient. I lived in Toronto for a while and would love to see the Bills do well, but they've sucked for a while and there's a reason for that.
And to think they had that offense with Taylor at the helm.

Teams, all teams strive to find a franchise QB. That is what the Bills did here. While I am not sure if Allen contributes this year but he could. Or he could be Rodgers, Brady, Romo, Favre, Cousins, or any number of teams that waited for their QB to develop.

Expecting or even demanding a rookie QB plays is not reality. He could be Prescott, Wentz or sit like Geoff. We will soon find out but based on your own point differential I would think making a change at QB is justified.

Daboll is certainly not a step back from the last OC. Hard to know if the Bills ownership is patient but I expect McDermont to get 3 years minimum.

Best news for the Bills is they have a stout defense and can win ugly especially when the weather turns. Barely made the playoffs is still awesome for a team that hasn't sniffed the postseason forever it seams.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:59 pm

WHY THE bleep IS THIS SUCH A TRENDING TOPIC!!!!??!!!
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:16 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:59 pm WHY THE bleep IS THIS SUCH A TRENDING TOPIC!!!!??!!!
uhhh, have you seen this stud?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:17 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:59 pm WHY THE bleep IS THIS SUCH A TRENDING TOPIC!!!!??!!!
And he is a SF league participant. :ewink: :lol:

More seriously though - I think it is important to have discussions about the less popular / less valuable players as much as the studs. There are only so many ways you can debate / dissect Barkley / Mixon /Engram before you are repeating the same things ad nauseum but sometimes (hopefully) a different discussion about a lesser known player can impart something that could be useful - such as the differing viewpoints on the Buffalo Bills, their coaching staff, potential for success and Tyrod Taylor contained in this thread.

I'd like to hear more actual discussion on whether or not Peterman could eventually be taken seriously as an NFL QB - seems like most (and I currently agree) think its going to be McCarron leading to Allen - just the when & how are in doubt.

That and sometimes the more trivial discussions can be the most popular to partake in. Just part of human nature I suppose
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:01 am I understand why they parted from Tyrod. He's a limited player whose stats have gotten progressively worse over the past 3 years.
Exactly like how the options he had to throw to got progressively worse every year from deliberate front-office actions, culminating with that hilarious dumpster fire in '17.

And yet, Taylor still had a winning record in Buffalo, got the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in forever, and graded positively on PFF.

:think:
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:16 pm uhhh, have you seen this stud?
I suspect DD wants us to think he's being ironic, but that privately he's actually not.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:08 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:17 pm
And he is a SF league participant. :ewink: :lol:

More seriously though - I think it is important to have discussions about the less popular / less valuable players as much as the studs. There are only so many ways you can debate / dissect Barkley / Mixon /Engram before you are repeating the same things ad nauseum but sometimes (hopefully) a different discussion about a lesser known player can impart something that could be useful - such as the differing viewpoints on the Buffalo Bills, their coaching staff, potential for success and Tyrod Taylor contained in this thread.

I'd like to hear more actual discussion on whether or not Peterman could eventually be taken seriously as an NFL QB - seems like most (and I currently agree) think its going to be McCarron leading to Allen - just the when & how are in doubt.

That and sometimes the more trivial discussions can be the most popular to partake in. Just part of human nature I suppose
I don't think Peterman is five interceptions bad. He came in unprepared against a solid defensive backfield and got embarrassed, but he has some potential. I don't think McCarron is much better than Peterman and the fact that McDermott benched Tyrod for Peterman in an important game suggests to me that McDermott sees something he likes in Peterman and this could be more than just smoke. That said, I don't want any part of that passing offense at this point, so it's mostly irrelevant to me.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:23 am

ericanadian wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:08 am I don't think Peterman is five interceptions bad. He came in unprepared against a solid defensive backfield and got embarrassed, but he has some potential. I don't think McCarron is much better than Peterman and the fact that McDermott benched Tyrod for Peterman in an important game suggests to me that McDermott sees something he likes in Peterman and this could be more than just smoke. That said, I don't want any part of that passing offense at this point, so it's mostly irrelevant to me.
Agreed. I remember being when Kirk Cousins first was thrust into a starting role, I had had injuries at QB in my redraft and I was a believer in him and was happy he was getting his shot. I streamed him for some important end of the year games and he was an absolute dumpster fire. It took a while for me to believe in Cousins again after that.

Relevance? Watching Peterman in the Senior Bowl he both looked decent and reminded me of Cousins. That Cousins thing has been a continued lesson to me though when people write off rookies and their struggles as if they can't be good NFL QBs. It is the anomaly when a rookie can go into an NFL game at QB and have success.

That being said, I think Peterman only has relevance in 2QB and his ceiling is 'poor man's Kirk Cousins' with no offensive options so even there he isn't worth much. His floor is guy who gets insanely rich by normal standards being a lifetime 2nd to 3rd stringer. I want that job haha
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:16 pm

That is a good point - I guess we shall see if Buffalo or another team gives Peterman the Cousins treatment*.

* - I suppose it could also be the Brees treatment - basically letting a QB learn by baptism of fire, but benching occasionally and giving him feedback & positive reinforcement to keep their progress positive.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:13 am

AJ McCarron is so bad
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

oregonreefers
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby oregonreefers » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:01 pm

SF dynasty league, PPR, recently finished start-up draft. Team listed below. Winston suspension and current roster construction poses problem. I somewhat short-sightedly drafted only three QBs, and now it appears I won't have one of them for the first three (or so) games of the season. Should I try to pick up Peterman off waivers? More pointedly, how much of my FAAB budget should I allocate to the attempt? $3? More? The league is active, and I'm sure others have heard the recent Peterman "news," but I don't want to spend more than necessary as I expect to work the waiver wire hard to improve the roster.. As it stands, I'm willing to bid a few bucks and drop Brandon Marshall or Brice Butler to make room. Or should I try to trade Hurns and/or someone else for a starting QB, e.g., Manning?

QB: Winston, Bortles, Rosen
RB: Hunt, Barkley, Blount, Penny, Allen, Clement, Powell, Ballage, Edmonds, West
WR: A.J.Green, Kupp, Hurns, Richardson, D.J. Moore , R. Grant, Butler, Allison, B. Marshall, Chad Williams, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Graham, Willson, McDonald, Goedert

TIA

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:02 am

Would you rather another Saquon thread?

Honestly, discussions about fringe guys are much more valuable and interesting to me than going over the same ground again and again with the players everybody knows.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:39 pm

You can’t stop him, you can only hope to contain him

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:30 pm

Finally a good thread in here worth discussing :lol:
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:26 am

Did anyone else notice that Peterman and Superman have the same # of letters in their name - and that Nathan is also the name of the character from HEROES that could fly? That cannot just be a coincidence! :biggrin:

Maybe the reason he threw 5 INTs is because the ball contained kryptonite ... :think:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:13 am

Petermania is sweeping the nation baby!!!