John Brown might be a sell

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

John Brown might be a sell

Postby Plank » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:31 am

This came over my twitter feed this morning...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... place-him/

Blurb is quoting Arians on John Brown, stating with his recent injury combined with sickle (recovery from injury slower with sickle) that if he can't run he has no choice but to replace him..
@PlankMelody

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: John Brown might be a sell

Postby thebeast » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:56 am

Brown's stock has been declining for a while now so I don't know that you can sell him for anything much of value. My take away from that article is that JJ Nelson is a buy opportunity.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:12 am

And Jaron Brown
@PlankMelody

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:19 am

I expect the Cards will be watching the waiver wire closely over the next month.

Sad news for Brown but I agree with the above sentiment that Browns value has declined sharply from last offseason
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:31 am

thebeast wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:56 am Brown's stock has been declining for a while now so I don't know that you can sell him for anything much of value. My take away from that article is that JJ Nelson is a buy opportunity.
Why do people still like JJ Nelson better than Jaron Brown? I thought the latest news about Jaron being the WR2 would decrease the JJ hype, but I guess not.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:35 am

Sterling Archer wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:31 am
thebeast wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:56 am Brown's stock has been declining for a while now so I don't know that you can sell him for anything much of value. My take away from that article is that JJ Nelson is a buy opportunity.
Why do people still like JJ Nelson better than Jaron Brown? I thought the latest news about Jaron being the WR2 would decrease the JJ hype, but I guess not.
It has decreased JJ's hype...which is why he is a good buy low candidate now. He is a Jaron Brown injury or a few bad games away from being the #2 guy there (if John Brown doesnt get it together that is)

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:23 am

ive always liked nelson myself. does anyone know if they are still carrying dobson? i would also think that this increase's williams value significantly....if you want him, now's the time to pounce, because once the season gets rolling....williams will be at a premium is my guess. (see golloday)

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:57 am

Buying Brown. Gonna try to zag while everyone's zigging...

I do think Arians isn't one for coachspeak but he's probably just frustrated with the whole situation. Terrible injury luck for a team that was a Super Bowl contender entering last season and then just to see guys get injured and the team lose some really bad games.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:17 am

onetwothree wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:57 am Buying Brown. Gonna try to zag while everyone's zigging...
likely that everyone is overvaluing brown's new job imo.....id be trying to stay away rather than buy in to brown. he's simply overpriced. he went from nothing to something (if you will)

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am

sloth8u wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:17 am
onetwothree wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:57 am Buying Brown. Gonna try to zag while everyone's zigging...
likely that everyone is overvaluing brown's new job imo.....id be trying to stay away rather than buy in to brown. he's simply overpriced. he went from nothing to something (if you will)
I read it as he was buying John Brown, looks like you read it as Jaron.
Nelson was pretty effective when John Brown was out last year, and he has a very specific role in Arians offense that no one else on the team has the speed to fill. He's a great buy right now if you can still get him for less than a 2nd.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:54 am

I traded Woodhead for John Brown a few weeks back and felt great about it...id kill to have that one back :-(
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:51 am

I will be looking to buy when his value bottoms out. I don't think it has yet, until he starts missing actual games. I might sell now if I got a fair offer but that's not likely right now.

I've been high on Jaron Brown for a long time now, but especially since Michael Floyd was cut. I got him for free in most of my leagues. I recommend you all snag him quickly.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:28 am

Tsunami wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:51 am I will be looking to buy when his value bottoms out. I don't think it has yet, until he starts missing actual games. I might sell now if I got a fair offer but that's not likely right now.
Two things
1. Why would you want him once he starts missing games? That's the reason he has so little value. He's just a roster clogger if he can't play.

2. What would a fair price be for him now? I'm not paying anything for him. He had a nice 2015 but I have my suspicions that his dynasty value was highly inflated due to his perceived opportunity as the heir apparent to an aging Fitz on a (formerly) high octane offense. Now he's a chronic injury case and because his problem is congenital he won't ever get better. What would be fair for a guy that won't play?
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:05 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:28 amWhat would a fair price be for him now? I'm not paying anything for him. He had a nice 2015 but I have my suspicions that his dynasty value was highly inflated due to his perceived opportunity as the heir apparent to an aging Fitz on a (formerly) high octane offense. Now he's a chronic injury case and because his problem is congenital he won't ever get better. What would be fair for a guy that won't play?
Sadly, this is what I'm starting to think about John Boy. They've had a full year to diagnose, and try to improve his Sickle Cell complications through diet, stretching and exercise regimen, etc... Yet here we are again with a nagging soft tissue injury that won't heal quickly (possibly completely) because his blood cells don't oxygenate properly.

It's not just an issue of "when" quad will get better so he can return to play. But how long before he's out again. And again. I don't want any part of him because he'd spend the majority of the time on my bench injured. He's got virtually no trade value. Rough break for a talented young man, but he's damaged goods.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:22 pm

Sigh...Traded Joe Williams away for him a couple weeks ago. Don't think owners can do anything but hold at the moment and hope that they can figure something out. I will be actively looking to shop him should he do anything on the field this year. I don't want any part of him anymore.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds