DLF Forum Co-Dynasty League

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Gorilla Shark
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

DLF Forum Co-Dynasty League

Postby Gorilla Shark » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:30 pm

Welcome to the DFL Forum Co-Dynasty League: Thirty two GM’s, most of them regular forum posters and know it alls, got together to form a very unique 16 team IDP league with super deep starting requirements to separate the men from the boys. Each team has a minimum of two GM’s, with defined roles such as Offensive or Defensive Coordinator.

With 32 people involved in the league it makes for an interesting time in the league’s GroupMe chat. There are personalities ranging from the impatient to the sensitive and there is probably going to be some drama. In fact there already was. I promise that there will be more.

But, rather than keep it all to ourselves, we decided to air our league laundry here for all to enjoy and throw their two cents worth in on. Don’t be shy, rear back and aim one at the head. That’s what great about this game, the trash talk, or in our case the trash talk videos for those GM’s who are keyboard challenged.

This is the page where you will find out if a guy knows what he is talking about or if he’s just someone with too much time on their hands and likes to post a lot. Pierson, Gridiron Gorilla, The Big Spank, A Drunken Caveman, and others match wits and barbs in a Dynasty League Football forum semi-official league. Our draft skills, trading skills, forecasting skills cannot hide from the season record against each other.

Our inaugural post will be the first in a series of team overviews and grades in the immediate aftermath of a fun week and a half long start up draft.

Without further ado, here is the first team review. Hope you enjoy!

Minnesota Mutant Mosquitoes

Quarterbacks: I see a quarterback in your future. Alex Smith will work as a QB2 this year. Big Ben is an acquired taste in dynasty leagues at this stage of his career. You have a good chance of elite production for 1-3 more years or come next year no production at all. It’s hard what to make out of Ben’s retirement talk. He has whined before, but given his age and the extra beating his style of quarterback has brought to him, retirement at the end of the season is not out of the question. Then again he has an elite team and he is the QB of an elite NFL franchise. It would be stupid of him to walk away when there was something left in the tank.

Although not a big believer in Mahomes, he was a first round pick and will get a good look in KC next year at the latest. There is a chance you have no starting QB next year. Scary in a 16 team dynasty league.

There is a lot to be worried about with this unit.

Grade: B today, C- tomorrow...and C- might be generous. There is a 50/50 chance you have no starting quarterback on your roster next year.

Running backs: You guys take like 700 hours to make a pick and this is what you come up with at running back?

Marshawn Lynch will start, this year. All year? Maybe, maybe not. Duke Johnson in the two hole? Here’s a plan. Go to the bayou. Find a voodoo priestess. Get an Isaiah Crowell doll and pound a six penny nail into his knee socket and you would have a pretty good 1-2 punch with Lynch and Duke Johnson this year.

Chris Thompson is great in an emergency but hardly starter material even in a 16 team league. Orleans Darkwa and Knile Davis will be two easy drops for you next year at the draft.

Grade: C this year, F tomorrow

Wide Receivers: You have six proven assets at WR and that is a good thing because you will be starting no more than the minimum required running backs. Allen, Cooks, Jeffrey and Marty Bryant are not found all together on too many teams in a 16 team dynasty league with super deep starting requirements. Add Decker and Edelman and this is the best starting six in the league. You have TEN other wide receivers that are going to have a hard time finding snaps and targets. It more likely than unlikely that your top two wide receivers outscore your bottom ten.

Grade: Today A, B+ tomorrow because of Deckers and Edelman’s age.

Tight Ends: Hunter Henry is all you need to know. C.J. is the best TE2 a guy could hope for and Rico Gathers offers visions of unicorns for most GM’s, including me. At 6’7” and a hamstring away from being Daks young partner in crime in Dallas, the TE position looks very good.

Grade: A today, A tomorrow

Defensive Tackle: Linval Joseph, Brandon Mebane and Brandon Williams make it work. After Joseph there is some real drop off here. Williams has been a low end fantasy producer, more of a space eater than points maker and Mebane has seen better days. In a start one position you should get by just fine as long as Joseph stays upright.

Grade B today, B tomorrow.

Defensive Ends: Griffen and Donald are both top 5 gets. Barnett and Spence are just the kind of young high ceiling talent you want behind the big two. Ngakoue might find himself in a muddy situation but after 8 sacks as a rookie certainly should have double digit upside.

Grade A today, A tomorrow

Linebackers: Lawrence Timmons leads a group that is a mix of middle age middle production and very young high upside linebackers. Riddick and McMillan will start as ILBs immediately and bring a ton of promise. We cried when you took Raekwon right before us. Shaq Thompson has flashed and will likely take over once Davis is gone. I think Barr and Hightower, due to schemes and their versatility, are actually less valuable and will likely finish below LB2 as we have seen in the past. LB32 typically will take around 180 points. LB3 is 155. LB4 is 135. Barr had 110 last year and was on pace for 160 the year before. Donta was on pace for 140 last year and 160 the year before. With McMillian out for the year this group went from solid to struggling

Grade B- today, B+ tomorrow

Cornerbacks: Burns, Gilmore and Taylor. Three solid 160 point a year players.

Grade B today, B tomorrow

Safety: I know what you are thinking. Jamal Adams is the second coming of Landon Collins. I know because we were thinking it too. Until he is the next Landon Collins, Patrick Chung and Harrison Smith make sure you do not get embarrassed at this position.

Grade B today, B to A+ tomorrow.

Analysis: Having serious question marks at the quarterback position (tomorrow) and both running back positions (today and tomorrow) is not a good place to be. They are the hardest to trade for and the first drafted. That said, a top half finish this year is a reasonable expectation.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: DLF Forum Co-Dynasty League

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:42 pm

I believe this league already has one unnecessary thread on the main forum of DLF. Second seems like overkill. With 32 people, isn't a message board post on MFL enough discussion? People outside the league don't care that much.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:48 pm

Yeah, we knew we waited a bit too long on quarterbacks but we kept pushing it trying to take BPA over our glaring need for a QB. To be honest I underestimated the value difference between 12 and 16 teams leagues when it comes to QBs and was a bit shocked at how soon they came off the board and how quickly they went. We'll have to cross our fingers Ben doesn't retire after the season and we have at least this year and next to find his replacement.

Running backs. Haha. Pretty fair assessment of our situation. Again, we knew we were playing with fire when we kept waiting to take one but every time we were up we didn't like what our options were at that pick so we kept taking other positions. Hoping our depth at wide receiver will carry us and that Marshawn can at least manage 15+ carries for the bulk of the season.

This was both my and my partner's first 16 team league and I think our inexperience in the value differences of the key positions at QB and RB may bite us in the bleep within the next couple of seasons but I feel like if we can manage to acquire a couple pieces to shore up those spots without sacrificing too much elsewhere - we should be ok.

Thanks for the review! Fingers crossed for the play-offs.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

Gorilla Shark
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Gorilla Shark » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:56 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:42 pm I believe this league already has one unnecessary thread on the main forum of DLF. Second seems like overkill. With 32 people, isn't a message board post on MFL enough discussion? People outside the league don't care that much.
Thanks for your input!

For future reference, to avoid threads which you deem unnecessary feel free to skip over them and continue browsing through the forum's wide selection of "Should I sell Zeke now?!" and other interesting reads!

Thanks and have a nice day!

:wave:

Gorilla Shark
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Gorilla Shark » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:59 pm

OMG! I almost forgot. You should really check out the latest "This Rookie TE vs This Other Rookie TE?" thread. Really interesting read.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Gorilla Shark wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:56 pm
FiremanEd wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:42 pm I believe this league already has one unnecessary thread on the main forum of DLF. Second seems like overkill. With 32 people, isn't a message board post on MFL enough discussion? People outside the league don't care that much.
Thanks for your input!

For future reference, to avoid threads which you deem unnecessary feel free to skip over them and continue browsing through the forum's wide selection of "Should I sell Zeke now?!" and other interesting reads!

Thanks and have a nice day!

:wave:
I believe FiremanEd is talking about this one:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=145486
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:22 pm

But, wait....everybody looooooooooves hearing about the DLF Premium league stuff....right?
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Gorilla Shark wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:59 pm OMG! I almost forgot. You should really check out the latest "This Rookie TE vs This Other Rookie TE?" thread. Really interesting read.
Welcome to the forum. If you don't like the type of posts in your quote then you're in the wrong place. And a run down of teams with 32 random owners sounds boring for everyone other than those in the league.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:31 pm

thebeast wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:23 pm
Gorilla Shark wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:59 pm OMG! I almost forgot. You should really check out the latest "This Rookie TE vs This Other Rookie TE?" thread. Really interesting read.
Welcome to the forum. If you don't like the type of posts in your quote then you're in the wrong place. And a run down of teams with 32 random owners sounds boring for everyone other than those in the league.
I think the point of the post was to be ironic. There are a ton of redundant and pointless threads here. I skip over threads all the time. I do so without feeling the need to hop in and make a post pointing out how unnecessary the thread is. I guess it's a solid way to boost your post count. Or, you could just read the threads and interest you and skip the rest. Just a thought.

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:31 pm

thebeast wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:23 pm
I actually not "32 random owners", at least 29 of them are VERY active and popular forum members on here and a few of their buddies from the outside.

I highly doubt that there is another current single-copy player league that has more forum members in it out there.
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

#WhoDat

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:38 pm

Might have missed it above with all the garbage being spewed, but can we please have a direct link to the league's homepage?

Thanks, and cool stuff. Nothing better than to see a high-quality league, except one that is innovating new concepts.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:40 pm

, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:42 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:38 pm Might have missed it above with all the garbage being spewed, but can we please have a direct link to the league's homepage?

Thanks, and cool stuff. Nothing better than to see a high-quality league, except one that is innovating new concepts.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I don't think it was posted above.

http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/70801#0

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:16 am

What does fireman ed know, he's a jets fan.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:34 am

Great review by the way. Sounds like this kid really knows his football. He is probably good looking and funny too.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st