DLF Forum Co-Dynasty League

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Gorilla Shark
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: DLF Forum Co-Dynasty League

Postby Gorilla Shark » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:37 pm

DISCLAIMER!
Another unnecessary league centric post hogging the forum space forthcoming! To those uninterested, avert ye' eyes and click the back arrow in your browser now!

Olympia Lebowskis

Quarterbacks: Matthew Stafford is a solid piece here for the next several years and proved last year that he can produce without Calvin Johnson. They also secured his backup, Jake Rudock so they will have the starter there even if there is an injury. AJ McCarron is one of the top backups in the league, and Cincinnati reportedly turned down a 2nd round pick for him so there is some value there. Joshua Dobbs could also get some action in Pittsburg with Big Ben missing time the past couple years and also nearing retirement.
Current Score: B
Future Score: B+

Running Backs: Ty Montgomery is an interesting value here as a former WR moving to RB and currently holding the starting job. Terrance West also holds a starting job and while he has been considered a bust in the past he was good in spurts last year and the depth chart has opened up around him. Kareem Hunt is a highly drafted rookie who will likely start in a time share but could fight his way into a larger role. Thomas Rawls and Charcandrick West have both had significant value in the past but have lost value with new players being brought in to take their role from them. Malcolm Brown could be a valuable backup to Todd Gurley and De’Veon Smith, a Dolphin udfa, could have value if enough injuries occur in front of him.
Current Score: B+
Future Score: B-

Wide Receiver: DeAndre Hopkins is coming off a down year but we have seen him play at a stud level and could certainly see it again with Brock Osweiler no longer there at QB. Dez Bryant is a little older and coming off a couple down years with injury and adjusting to a new QB but now with that offense rising up he should resume high end WR1 status. Stefon Diggs is another very good pass catcher, though in a run first offense, but should be a solid WR2 maintaining their positional advantage. Curtis Samuel was a steal here based on where he was taken in the NFL draft and if he can perform according to his NFL draft position he could be a great WR4 but he is seen as a gadget player and valued less. Devin Funchess was expected to break out last year but nothing happened, and now they are saying this is the year. Eli Rogers and Malcolm Mitchell are both in crowded situations but have talent if they get the chances. Carlos Henderson was taken in the 3rd round of the NFL draft and could be a very good after the catch receiver down the road. Michael Campanaro and Tanner Gentry are both plays hoping to find someone late who can sneak up a shaky depth chart.
Current Score: A
Future Score: B+

Tight End: Austin Hooper flashed as a rookie and has significant upside but is far from a proven asset. Jesse James has felt to be on the verge of a breakout for a while now and should have the starting job in Pittsburg locked up but hasn’t produced yet. Michael Roberts and Nick Vannett are young and could advance but currently have better players in front of them.
Current Score: C
Future Score: B-

Defensive Tackle: Grady Jarrett looks to be on the edge of a breakout after a tremendous game in the super bowl. They are heavily dependent on him becoming a DT1 as there is very little upside behind him. Danny Shelton is basically a prototype 0 tech nose tackle which limits his upside. Sharrif Floyd used to be a very good tackle but nerve damage found is his knee is still keeping him out after he missed the whole 2016 season.
Current Score: C+
Future Score: C+

Defensive End: Leonard Williams is the anchor of this team slot. He will never have the sacks to be the top guy but should provide a solid tackle floor with some bigger plays thrown in. After that this team is full of upside with nothing for sure. Trey Flowers is expected to break out and become a double digit sack guy in New England and Derek Rivers is also there and has a huge jump coming from Youngstown State but could hit huge if he play a versatile role with some linebacker duties and maintains a DE designation. Emmanuel Ogbah should be better just by virtue of moving back to a stable defensive end spot and if on top of that he can adjust further after a good rookie season he could become huge. Jihad Ward did very little as a rookie but is on a team looking for something to break through on the line and he could be that guy.
Current: A-
Future: A+

Linebackers: Eric Kendricks may have a fight for tackles in an extremely talented Vikings defense but he has the talent to play every down and that should keep him in the LB1 territory. Darron Lee is a former 1st round pick who played well at times last year and is a great athlete in the mold of Ryan Shazier. If he can provide that production with any health he should be a great pick where you got him. Beyond those two there are some questions but a lot of upside. Two shots into the Buffalo group is always a good idea as they have one of the most generous stat crew in the league. If Preston Brown holds off Ragland though, that will be nearly a wasted pick at least for the time being and it looks like Matt Milano has a long road ahead to beat out current starters Lorenzo Alexander, Ramon Humber, and all the other challengers for the other 2 starting spots. Tyus Bowser looks a lot like Kamalie Correa from a skills stand point so I doubt he takes that role soon and fellow rookie Tim Williams is more likely to take the edge rushing role so it could be interesting to see where they use him but with his draft pedigree it could be good. Todd Davis was an under the radar pickup people liked last year, I am not a fan of guys who maintain that status this long though. Beware the Carl Lawson trap, by the way. Marvin Lewis loves taking young talented linebackers, letting them flash in the preseason, and then letting them waste away behind mediocre vets.
Current: B-
Future: A

Cornerbacks: Vernon Hargreaves fills in well for this year and Ross Cockrell will be good enough after that. Jason Verrett gives them another youth option.
Future: B+

Safety: Karl Joseph should fit in well as a top end safety and is expected to fill at least a part time in the box role. At a minimum he will be a talented starting safety though with the way this defense is shaping up we don’t know his exact role, especially with the raiders picking a 6’4” 224 lb safety in the 2nd round. Su’a Cravens is an less athletic Jabril Peppers. People expect him to dominate in a versatile box safety role and if it works out he could be top 10 at the position but there are questions for sure. Calvin Pryor fits the mold of a NFL box strong safety but has lost his initial job with the Jets, attaining bust status there, and now is somewhere in the mix in Cleveland though with young talent already there who knows what that looks like. Jimmie Ward and Lamarcus Joyner are a pair of corner/safety tweeners who when you play them you are hoping for a big play to hold you over for the week.
Future: A-

Overall: This is a very good defense and strong enough outside tight end on offense to make a push this year. They need to find some sort of future at running back to compete going forward, though that is likely the easiest position to find rookies, and could use more stability at QB.
Current: B+
Future: B

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Wow do I like this team. Pretty much an A or B+ today and tomorrow at every position. This guy drafted a winner and should dominate for years. Who is he on the forum?
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Although I disagree with the DT grade, I can see his point. Shelton is moving from a 3-4 scheme to a 4-3 and going into his third year Lebowskis shoud see his numbers jump and Fox Sports has Grady Jarrett listed at is #1 defensive lineman candidate. Both have never done anything over a full season, but I think its more promising there than he was given credit for.

(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Gorilla Shark
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Gorilla Shark » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:45 pm

The.Big.Spank wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:42 pm Although I disagree with the DT grade, I can see his point. Shelton is moving from a 3-4 scheme to a 4-3 and going into his third year Lebowskis shoud see his numbers jump and Fox Sports has Grady Jarrett listed at is #1 defensive lineman candidate. Both have never done anything over a full season, but I think its more promising there than he was given credit for.
C's get degrees bruh.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Your just jealous.

(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:01 pm

The.Big.Spank wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:42 pm Although I disagree with the DT grade, I can see his point. Shelton is moving from a 3-4 scheme to a 4-3 and going into his third year Lebowskis shoud see his numbers jump and Fox Sports has Grady Jarrett listed at is #1 defensive lineman candidate. Both have never done anything over a full season, but I think its more promising there than he was given credit for.
Yes, Shelton is moving schemes, but he is not switching bodies. He is still built as a big space eater and while he may increase some with a few more single teams he is never going to have the quickness and ability to get through gaps like suh, Donald, McCoy, etc. He pretty much has to push the pile to get to the qb limiting his chances to do so and capping his sack potential.

While I could see the rater giving you a better future grade on jarrett and the projection that he will ascend i would point out the counter argument. While the main argument for his breakout was a huge super bowl highlighted by his 3 sacks, in the 4 preseason games, 16 regular season games, and 2 playoff games leading up to that in that same season he totaled 3 sacks. In 2015 he had 1 in the preseason and 1 regular season.

Now maybe this great last game will propel him to the level where he can be a menace in the middle and hit DT1 status or maybe this is just another in a line of big superbowl performances that lead to a lot of hype but no substance. Only time will tell so I understand some people questioning it
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Damn. That's flashing some serious chops on idp knowledge.

(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:40 am

Looking forward to seeing the rest of these.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:48 am

Are we close to another?
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:38 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:34 am Great review by the way. Sounds like this kid really knows his football. He is probably good looking and funny too.
Looks B now, D+ Future

Smarts A now, B- Future
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

0crush83
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby 0crush83 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:51 am

Is there a list showing the order in which the team reviews will be released in?
12 team PPR - QB/2RB/2WR/TE/FLEX/K/DEF
QB- Ryan, Carr
RB- Bell, Hyde, Coleman, Gio, Breida, Thompson
WR- OBJ, AB, Nuk, M. Thomas, Parker, Treadwell, Godwin
TE- Kelce, Engram
D- Eagles, Rams
IR - DJ

12 team PPR - QB/2-4 RB/3-5 WR/1-3 TE
QB- Rodgers, Seimian, Bridgewater, McCown
RB- Bell, Freeman, Gordon, Ingram, Gore, Conner
WR- Julio, Nuk, KA, Landry, Hilton, Cooks, DT, Maclin, R. Matthews, Boyd
TE- Kelce, Rudolph, James, Everett, ASJ

12 team PPR- 1QB/2-4 RB/3-5 WR/1-3 TE
QB- Rodgers, Siemian
RB- Bell, Gurley, Carson, Conner, Gallman, Williams
WR- Nuk, Baldwin, Jordy, DT, Crabtree, Crowder, Decker, Ross, Wallace, Richardson, Higgins, Taylor
TE- Kelce, Maxx

DLF Forum Co-Dynasty League
Mile High Wookiee Syndicate
Co-Owner: SimpleJack
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/70801#0

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:42 am

0crush83 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:51 am Is there a list showing the order in which the team reviews will be released in?
That would rock.

-Booger McFarlland

ADrunkenCaveman
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ADrunkenCaveman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:42 pm

I can not take credit for this it was all kcarr, but I wanted to see what people think of Mine and pierson242's team!

Midwest Country Folk

Quarterbacks: This is one of my favorite QB groups in the league. Drew Brees will most likely be a top player at the position for a couple more years and they followed him up with Carson Wentz, an athletic big armed QB with serious upside and every chance to hold the Eagles QB spot long term. With the added weapons in that passing attack he should take a step forward this year and move towards being a top 10 QB in his own right. There is some concern with Brees losing Brandin Cooks but it seems players around him come and go and he just keeps performing. Their late round addition of CJ Beathard gives them a shot into a pretty open San Francisco QB job.
Current Score: A+
Long Term Score: A

Running Back: This is the group that will make or break this team. There is a lot of talent here but also some questions. Lamar Miller headlines the group and is a talented back who does well catching the ball and is great in space. Last year was supposed to be his breakout year and he racked up over 1000 yards rushing but scored less points than either of the last 2 seasons. They also brought in another back with a 4th round pick looking to lessen his workload. Demarco Murray could be a RB1 in a great rushing team though Derek Henry is breathing down his neck. Mark Ingram is another very solid RB1 option if he maintains his workload but there is new competition there. Theo Riddick is probably the safest option if healthy. He will have a pass catching role and has produced well for the past couple years. Also with Abdullah out last year he was a top option. Frank Gore is 34 years old and coming off a 1000 yard season. Another like that would make him a great value where he was picked. Christine Michael was added late, basically free, so if he ever does anything it was a great add. Along with the questions this is a pretty old group with only Miller and Riddick having any sort of youth both being 26 years old.
Current Score: A-
Long Term Score: C+

Wide Receiver: Antonio Brown is constantly in competition for the top WR spot and should maintain that for a few years. TY Hilton is also a solid WR1 giving this team a real advantage at this spot. The addition of Golden Tate gives them a great trio considering the depth of the league, very likely the best group in the league. Marqise Lee had a good season last year with Hurns out and should be a plus as a WR4. Veterans Brandon Lafell, Jermaine Kearse, and Dontrelle Inman have produced in the past though have players pushing them for snaps and likely won’t be more than fill ins. Victor Cruz used to be very good and if he can get that back it would be huge but since his injury it has not been the same for him.
Long Term Score: A-

Tight End: Jordan Reed can be a top 3 TE and we have seen it in the past and at only 27 he has some potential years left. He also could be 1 concussion away from the end of his career and is usually bound to miss a game or two. Adding Vernon Davis to back him up gives some solid stability although Davis is 33 years old. Beyond the Washington TE position there is little depth here, especially long term, as Ben Watson is 36 and coming off a missed season and Jared Cook has been a journeyman landing in another solid offense with the Raiders though with only 3 double digit games in the past 2 seasons combined. Lee Smith is a backup tight end there who hasn’t been relevant in a long time.
Long Term Score: C-

Defensive Tackle: Kawann Short and Gerald McCoy are both high end defensive tackles with a few years left. Both offer a great mix of run stuffing tackle floor and pass rush upside. Pat Sims offers a solid backup for the year and Star Lotulelei and Beau Allen have flashed some though haven’t broken through yet.
Future Score: A+

Defensive End: Carlos Dunlap is a high end DE1 option with double digit sack upside. Akiem Hicks could also push for DE1 status though hasn’t shown the sack upside to climb much higher. Derek Wolfe is a solid DE2 with a quality tackle floor. Brian Robinson is aging and has pretty much lost the job to Hunter. Other than Robinson this is a group solidly in their prime with years of production left.
Current Score: A-
Long Term Score: A-

Linebacker: Christian Kirksey gives this team a young LB1 who should anchor this team long term. Vince Williams gives them a solid LB2 as well if he can fill the role in Pittsburg though having not seen him full time in that role that takes some projection to see. Paul Posluszny has been productive for a long time and they are hoping he has one year left. Mason Foster had his first productive season in a long time last year and is in the race for a starting spot in Washington. If he wins that it will give this team a strong group. Rush linebackers Lorenzo Alexander, Derrick Morgan, and Trent Murphy are all rush linebackers who are below the elite level of weekly plays but have weekly upside if they can get to the QB. Rookies Anthony Walker and Alex Anzalone could find themselves roles and produce down the road.
Long Term Score: B-

Cornerbacks: This team is heavily invested in the CB position. Robert Alford leads this group and was a top scorer at the position last year and should be again. James Bradberry, Chris Harris, Damarious Randall, and Trae Waynes all look like potential top 16 options at the position and there is enough youth here to set them up long term
Current Score: A
Long Term Score: A

Safety: Kenny Vaccaro and Barry Church are both strong safeties who play in the box and should rack up tackles giving this team a true advantage. Tyrann Mathieu is a great playmaker but won’t put up the level of tackles the other two may. Andrew Sendejo will be a solid fill in as needed though he has been around long enough that we know what he is and he won’t be a fantasy starter. Justin Evans is a 2nd round rookie who should step in and play early in his career. Clayton Geathers is currently out with a neck injury but has shown the upside to fit in with Vaccaro and Church in that top tier and could replace church down the road as the starter on this team.
Long Term Score: A+

Overall: This team is well set up for at least 4 years if they can add some youth at running back and maybe some stability at tight end. The addition of Tate has cost them their 1st and 3rd round picks next year mortgaging their future some but in doing so they have to be considered among the favorites to take the title this year
Long Term Score: B+
17-2
The Wookies
12 team PPR League
S: 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF

QBs: Brady, Flacco
RBs: Zeke, D Murray, McKinnon, Powell
WRs: Hopkins, Cooks, J Nelson, Baldwin, R Matthews, Quick
TEs: Reed, Rudolph, Davis
K: Dawson
DEF: CAR, BAL

9-1
Tune Squad
16 team .5PPR League
S: 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Wilson, Keenum, Flacco
RBs: McCoy, Howard, McKinnon, B Allen, Woodhead
WRs: Evans, Julio, Tate, Smith
TEs: Rudolph, Clay

8-2
Midwest Folks
Co-Owner: pierson242
16 team .5PPR Full IDP League
S: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Brees, Wentz, Beathard
RBs: Murray, Miller, Ingram, Gore, Riddick
WRs: AB, Hilton, Dez, Tate, Lafell, Inman, Rodgers, Kearse
TEs: Rudolph, Davis, Watson
DTs: Short, McCoy, Lotulelei, Allen, Sims
DEs: Dunlap, Hicks, Wolf, Robison
LBs: Kirksey, Williams, Foster, Hicks, Perryman, Posluszny, Alexander, Walker, Morgan
CBs: Alford, Slay, Harris, Waynes, Randall, Bradberry, Trufant
Ss: Vaccaro, Mathieu, Church, Evans, Sendejo

Gorilla Shark
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Gorilla Shark » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:21 pm

Cuyahoga Cowboys

QB: A (Future B-)
The Cowboys “I want to win now!” approach is epitomized by their quarterback, old man Tom Brady. There should be no concerns, at least for 2017, that he’s going to fall off a cliff as he started the calendar year in incredible fashion. More weapons were added to the team than left and he has a deep threat talent he hasn’t had in years. He could put up 5,000 yards and 50 touchdowns this season and it wouldn’t be a surprise.
Tannehill is hurt but he’s still fairly young and has a decent cast of characters down in South Beach. He should be a serviceable fantasy quarterback for the future. Brian Hoyer provides bye week relief and Kaepernick represents the Cowboy’s stand against racism in America.

RB: A (Future B+)
LeSean McCoy and Todd Gurley provide a robust pair of running backs that represent one of the best tandems in the league and LeGarrette Blount should be a solid Flex play alongside them. Sproles could be relevant one more season in Philly but there are a lot of backs on that roster and father time has to be catching up, right?! Tim Hightower might get as many snaps in San Fran as he did in New Orleans last year (130-ish) but they won’t be as quality and he’ll be soon surpassed on the depth chart by the young dynasty darling Joe Williams.

WR: B+ (Future C+)
Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald and Pierre Garcon provide another example of the win now approach being taken on the Cuyahoga River. Jordy and Larry will be solid performers yet again and Garcon’s new home in San Francisco should see him receive plenty of targets, but this group is old and there isn’t much proven depth behind them. Ricardo Louis has been getting buzz in camp and Perriman could breakout in 2017 but it needs to be seen to be believed. Kenny Stills might be productive again this season but it’s up in the air with Cutler at the helm now.

TE: B (Future C-)
Gregg Olsen is a great tight end in reality and fantasy and that shouldn’t change in 2017. Jason Witten and Zach Miller aren’t going to be around long but should provide adequate production to serve as a bye week fill in. Vance McDonald might be productive in a useful way but don’t hold your breath.

DT: A (Future B-)
Ndamukong Suh is a beast. He probably kicks dogs and steals candy from babies but he’s a monster on the field. He’s getting older but he shouldn’t slow down anytime soon. Maliek Collins will play bye week fill in but his production will probably be muted as opposing offenses pass all over trying to play catch up to the Dallas offense.

DE: A+ (Future B-)
JJ has had some historically great seasons but was slowed by injuries last year and has had a long list of surgeries. If he returns to form he is the best in the game. Charles Harris provides future upside as a high draft pick though he is currently buried on a deep depth chart. Mario Edwards should step in and be a capable bye week producer.

LB: A + (Future C+)
Lee, Johnson, and Bowman all could produce as LB1s this year but due to age and injury history could miss time or be gone soon. Burfict also has seen suspensions hold him out of games. Robertson and Marshall are both in good positions but not such good players they couldn’t be replaced soon. Duke Riley offers nice upside if he can carve out a role in an up and coming Atlanta defense. Ramon Humber is interesting as a career special teamer who is now taking 1st team reps for the new regime but there may be more talented players behind him pushing him. This is the heart of the Cowboys’ strength on defense and the points here will probably anchor the entire team on both sides of the ball.

CB: A (Future B+)
In a start one position the Cowboys took Breeland to anchor the lone spot but I think Xavien Howard is a sneaky IDP cornerback who’s good, but not good enough for QBs to be disinclined to throw at him and he’s young enough to be a part of the Cowboys’ roster for a long time.

S: B (Future C-)
There are a lot of safeties on this squad but none of them will get you overly excited. Adams and Weddle will both be 2nd level safeties this year but should be done soon. McDonald will struggle to find a real role and Swearinger is locked in as a free safety next to a LB hybrid. Williams is the most interesting, as a starting strong safety in Cinci.

Overall: B+(Future C-)
Both the offense and defense are very good but they are built to win right now. Both sides of the ball should provide ample points this season but the career longevity of some of their biggest producers is a serious question mark for this team. The Cowboys have obviously tried to prepare for life without them but could face a precipitous decline sometime in the next couple of years. On the flip-side of that coin is that they are a serious play-off contender until then.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:29 am

Tobacco Road Grim Reapers
Team:
Quarterback: B+
In a 16-team league where effective young QBs border on priceless, the TRGRs went out grabbed their guy early taking Dak Prescott DAL QB with their 3.02 pick. It may have been reaching somewhat to take your top tier guy this early but it was definitely a surprise that Prescott went before the likes of Luck, Wilson, Newton, Carr, Mariota and Winston. Some say he’s due for regression in his sophomore season but his offensive line and weapons haven’t changed (excepting Elliott’s 6 game suspension). Prescott has shown great poise and leadership and has room to grow yet. He should be able to reproduce last season’s QB1 output for the foreseeable future and if he does it this season, his value will skyrocket into the top tier of fantasy QBs.
Outside of Prescott all that really remains is Mike Glennon CHI QB. He’ll suffice for a bye week back-up and handcuffed to Prescott this season but with Trubisky running around slinging lasers this pre-season, it’s unlikely he’s starting in Chicago for too long.
Brett Hundley. Who is that? Oh, Aaron Rodgers back up. Yeahhhh, he’s a non-factor unless he can pull a Matt Flynn or Brock Osweiler and get paid after a few decent replacement starts. Pray the Packers start him in a meaningless game against Detroit. It worked wonders for Matt Flynns pocketbook.

Running Backs:: C+
Isaiah Crowell (2.15) and Eddie Lacy (6.15) are the feature backs, at least for this season, on Tobacco Road. Crowell is coming off a decent campaign in ’16 and with an upgraded offensive line and management and coaching staff determined to turn around the Brown’s self-inflicted misfortune in recent years, Crowell has a shot at being a mid-RB2 with low-end RB1 upside if everything goes right.
Lacy is an enigma at this point. Can he maintain his optimum playing weight over a full season? If he can he could be really good in that Seattle smash mouth offense. If he can’t, Rawls or Collins will step in for him before long. His leash can’t be too long. He’s not the riskiest RB to own but with a lot of guys in the backfield in Seattle and a habitual weight problem, he’s not the safest either. His upside is RB1 and his floor is riding the bench like it’s a seesaw.
If Lacy can’t stay away from the chinese food in Seattle, the Grim Reaper’s will be relying on some combination of Rex Burkhead, Jalen Richard, and Jacquizz Rodgers on a weekly basis. New England’s backfield scares me but Burkhead could have weekly RB1 upside if the matchup is right and Richard and Rodgers could have potential if Lynch or Martin falter down the stretch.
There’s more questions in this backfield than stability or upside.

Wide Receivers: B-
OBJ (1.02) anchors the receiving corps here and is as good a pick as any in dynasty fantasy football. He’s as close as it gets to being a lock for elite WR1 production for the next 3 to 5 years or more. I can’t say anything more about OBJ than has already been said.
Jamison Crowder (4.15) will play second fiddle here to OBJ and looks primed to be a very good slot receiver in the NFL this season. He finished 2016 as a high-end WR3 (.5 pt PPR) and should improve on this numbers in 2017, though to what extent it is uncertain. Look for Crowder to post mid WR2 numbers.
For their third starting wide receiver the Grim Reapers will hope that one of either Zay Jones or Chris Godwin can turn into a serviceable starter in 2017. Both players have high upsides but are capped in the short term by either their offensive scheme (Jones in Buffalo) or their depth chart (Godwin in Tampa).
After that there are a few good speculative stashes but nothing stands out as something that will provide immediate production, except maybe Taylor Gabriel. In a league where you must start ten offensive players, the lack of NFL starters at RB and WR could pose real problems for TBGR on a weekly basis.

Tight Ends: C-
Their TE depth chart is mediocre at best with no one standing out as the clear starter. Brate could be the guy this season but the dynasty darling OJ Howard will be hot on his heels and is reportedly having a good camp thus far. Gates is in the twilight of his career and has already ceded much of his work to the second-year man Hunter Henry and his share of the work will dwindle further in 2017. Kendricks is the second fiddle at TE in Green Bay and they haven’t had a fantasy relevant tight end since Brett Favre left town. Swoope has the most upside but he’s still raw and needs to see meaningful offensive snaps in ’17 to realize that potential.

Defensive Tackle: B
There’s a whole lot of upside in this group but nothing has been proven on an NFL field of play. Solomon Thomas should be a monster and Davon Godchaux is having himself a preseason to remember thus far. Andrew Billings is supposedly ready to breakout after missing his entire rookie season. There are reasons to be optimistic about this group and when you only need to start one each week, this group should perform well enough. Could lose a lot of upside when MFL realizes Thomas is a DE. How the hell is Buckner listed as a DE and Thomas a DT when their depth chart has Buckner starting at DT and Thomas starting at DE. Will be a great positional advantage if Thomas is a solid DE with the DT scoring bonuses until such a change happens though. Okay, rant over.

Defensive End: A-
Danielle Hunter (5.02) is a monster. 12.5 sacks last season and he played barely half of the Vikings defensive snaps. When he grows up he’s going to murder offensive tackles and behead quarterbacks. His presence alone is enough to grade this unit out at an A. Jonathan Allen has been impressive early in his rookie preseason and Jonathan Bullard is pushing for more snaps in 2017 to follow up a decent rookie campaign. Jordan Willis could also take over for Michael Johnson opposite Dunlap in cinci soon if Marvin Lewis didn’t hate rookies. He offers great future upside though.

Linebackers: A-
Bernardrick McKinney is the man here but he’s surrounded with some pretty solid players. That’s a good thing since you have to start three LBs. Perry and Brown should play two and three and Suggs and Williamson should provide ample cover in a nicely deep linebacking corps. Kamalei Correa and Tim Williams are heirs apparent to a historically good linebacking group in Baltimore. Correa is expected to take over Zach Orr’s former spot this year and in a lot of people’s minds is a better fit for the spot than Orr was when he came out of nowhere to be a LB1 last year. Avery Williamson should also have a 3 down role in Tennessee which holds good value as a flex guy if Correa doesn't work out or there are injuries.

Cornerbacks: B+
You only need to start one and there’s enough talent to back-up Marcus Peters here that it shouldn’t be an issue. Talks of Trumaine being traded, if he moves into any sort of safety role, which he has the skill for, could be a huge tackle boost with the CB bonuses.

Safety: B+
Sean Davis (11.02) and Vonn Bell (21.02) were the big picks for the Reapers at Safety and they should anchor the team for the foreseeable future. McCourty provides immediate predictable production to the mix should either of the top picks not pan out immediately. May be worried about the Saints spending a 2nd on a free safety with a similar skill set to Bell who they spend a 2nd on the year before.

OUTLOOK: The defensive coordinator was definitely in charge of this draft. It’s hard to see how TBGRs compete offensively on a week in week out basis. Finding nine starters out of his corps of Rb’s, Wr’s and Te’s is going to be a trick.

(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st