DGB is so bad.....

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: DGB is so bad.....

Postby rubber_duck » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:28 pm

... that he couldn't run a paper route properly.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:35 pm

rubber_duck wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:28 pm ... that he couldn't run a paper route properly.
:lol:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:06 pm

pokerface40 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:50 am
Sadly I still own one share of him.
Still own a couple of shares myself - nothing worth dropping him for atm. :shh:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:31 am

so bad he could not learn the playbook if it was written in crayon. I packaged him up last year with the 1.10 in this years draft the 1.5 in last years and Giovanni Bernard for Amari Cooper.

The original deal was for David Johnson and he had to add something but he did not think Johnson was worth it.

He expressed remorse last week.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:36 am

DGB is so bad that he'll take another season or two to become a WR1, which is apparently longer than anyone wants to wait.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:10 am

Tsunami wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:36 am DGB is so bad that he'll take another season or two to become a WR1, which is apparently longer than anyone wants to wait.
Free agent rbs can be successes waiting to happen. I can't recall a single wr since cris carter that has been a #1 that was ever a free agent AFTER getting pushed into roles to succeed. DGB was drafted decently high, pushed to succeed, subsequently dumped and sits unsigned. I'm all for patience with young WRs, but his case is a little different than waiting on a Tyler Lockett or something.
Could there actually be strong interest from teams and he's holding out for more $? I suppose it's possible. Could he ever develop into a #1 wr? Sure, it's possible. There are so many other better bets though, imo. Including just investing in future picks to target some other wr that comes along.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:15 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:10 am
Tsunami wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:36 am DGB is so bad that he'll take another season or two to become a WR1, which is apparently longer than anyone wants to wait.
Free agent rbs can be successes waiting to happen. I can't recall a single wr since cris carter that has been a #1 that was ever a free agent AFTER getting pushed into roles to succeed. DGB was drafted decently high, pushed to succeed, subsequently dumped and sits unsigned. I'm all for patience with young WRs, but his case is a little different than waiting on a Tyler Lockett or something.
Could there actually be strong interest from teams and he's holding out for more $? I suppose it's possible. Could he ever develop into a #1 wr? Sure, it's possible. There are so many other better bets though, imo. Including just investing in future picks to target some other wr that comes along.
Granted I'm not super high on the guy right now and am pretty split on whether he'd ever pan out or not, but I think being pushed to succeed was part of the problem.

He started 5 games as a rookie and several of those were after Mariota got hurt so he had to deal with Zach Mettenberger under center (not to mention no rushing threat) after not having played football in almost a year and a half (yes I know it was completely his fault and that's definitely a knock on him) and he was already very raw before that happened. While his catch % of 47.8 and catch total of 32 isn't great for a 2nd round rookie he still managed to put up 549 yards and 4 TDs and one 2-Pt conversion on the season which is 96.9 points in a .5 PPR league. That's more points (in 5 starts mind you) than Robby Anderson (8 starts) or Robert Woods (10 starts) last year and Mettenberger is barely an upgrade over the nonsense Anderson had throwing to him, if at all (and certainly worse than Tyrod) and both those players are not only on NFL rosters but at least in Anderson's case are looking to be heavily targeted this year and both of them have been talked about as fantasy pieces.

Then, he inexplicably gets traded mid-August for a depth OL to a team that runs a very different offensive scheme and has only 7 starts with yet another rookie QB and his numbers drop to 392 yards and 2 TDs, second most of any WR on the Eagles.

I'm not gonna sit here and stump for DGB or claim he's gonna be great, or even good, for fantasy and yeah the Titans definitely reached for him in the draft, but he's been forced into a starting position on two separate teams and barely given a chance to learn a scheme for more than a season, let alone build rapport with a QB, and even though he's raw as a receiver he's still incredibly athletic. If he can end up with a good QB with a good receivers coach I think he could still be a productive NFL player.

PS: DGB has a career 1st Down/reception rate of 80.8% on 68 catches, the only receiver last year with at least 40 receptions who had a higher first down rate was Mike Evans, it means nothing for fantasy but it's valuable to NFL teams, you'd think someone would want a guy like that on their team, even as just a depth piece/project guy
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

Hahaclintondix
Starter
Starter

Postby Hahaclintondix » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:23 am

This thread makes me sad.....

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:43 am

Including all 32 NFL GMs.......

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Postby KU Sucks » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:48 am

DGB has issues; he was stopped in hometown (Springfield, MO) a few years back when he was still in college. Vehicle had a AK & couple pounds of pot in trunk; he got off because he said it wasn't his. Probably wasn't but the point is, he has some character stuff out there that continues to follow him. High school he had to live with his coach (family issue) to stay out of trouble and show up to class.

Locals there have said he would never make it unless he got rid of his "posse", evidently they are still with him.

He was just another in a long line of what could have been.......

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:23 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:10 am Free agent rbs can be successes waiting to happen. I can't recall a single wr since cris carter that has been a #1 that was ever a free agent AFTER getting pushed into roles to succeed. DGB was drafted decently high, pushed to succeed, subsequently dumped and sits unsigned. I'm all for patience with young WRs, but his case is a little different than waiting on a Tyler Lockett or something.
Feels like if he swallows his pride and goes to the CFL for a season or 2 to learn how to play he might have a chance. Won't be old and will still be big and fast but with more reps under his belt without the spotlight or pressure and can learn the nuances of playing WR.

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:30 am

Brandon Lloyd had 7 awful to mediocre years before exploding for 77/1448/6. Can't think of anyone else though. And he only did it for one year.
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:41 pm

I'm out. Cut him today.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:20 pm
skip wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:42 am ... That his acronym should serve as a warning: Don't Get Burned (again)
What's that you say? 6'4 WR with a long history of off-field problems but can jump really high? He's going to be a star.
His vertical was actually pretty poor.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:28 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:15 am
Granted I'm not super high on the guy right now and am pretty split on whether he'd ever pan out or not, but I think being pushed to succeed was part of the problem.

He started 5 games as a rookie and several of those were after Mariota got hurt so he had to deal with Zach Mettenberger under center (not to mention no rushing threat) after not having played football in almost a year and a half (yes I know it was completely his fault and that's definitely a knock on him) and he was already very raw before that happened. While his catch % of 47.8 and catch total of 32 isn't great for a 2nd round rookie he still managed to put up 549 yards and 4 TDs and one 2-Pt conversion on the season which is 96.9 points in a .5 PPR league. That's more points (in 5 starts mind you) than Robby Anderson (8 starts) or Robert Woods (10 starts) last year and Mettenberger is barely an upgrade over the nonsense Anderson had throwing to him, if at all (and certainly worse than Tyrod) and both those players are not only on NFL rosters but at least in Anderson's case are looking to be heavily targeted this year and both of them have been talked about as fantasy pieces.

Then, he inexplicably gets traded mid-August for a depth OL to a team that runs a very different offensive scheme and has only 7 starts with yet another rookie QB and his numbers drop to 392 yards and 2 TDs, second most of any WR on the Eagles.
How was it inexplicable? Tennessee traded him because he was dogging it in OTA's and getting outplayed by inferior talent. Philadelphia cut him for the same reason. I can't remember the last time a 2nd round WR was essentially cut during OTA's in consecutive off seasons before the beginning of his 3rd year.

DGB's problem isn't that he's been pushed to succeed too early. His issue is that he's a space cadet with terrible work ethic. Some players just don't have the drive to play in the NFL and he's looking like one of them.