Rico Gathers Fan Club

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Rico Gathers Fan Club

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:43 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:55 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:54 am I agree with your assessment of all of these players just maybe disagree a little on the conclusion. I'd rather have Clay than Rico straight up for the proven production and scoring potential of a healthy Clay. It's not an exhilarating prospect, but that's got to be worth more than a guy fighting for a roster spot.
Eh, I don't think Gathers is fighting for a spot anymore. I'm having difficulty theorizing a plausible scenario in which the Cowboys decide they'd rather keep Swaim and/or Jarwin over Gathers on the 53-man roster. Those two will probably be easy to get onto the practice-squad. 'Boys release Gathers, and I think they have to assume they'd lose him to another team.

Gathers is competing for a spot on the game-day roster now, I think. I'm guessing that will come down to Hanna's run-blocking vs Gathers' red-zone potential.
Fair enough. But someone who is still fighting to play on game days shouldn't be worth as much as Clay right?
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:03 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:43 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:54 am I agree with your assessment of all of these players just maybe disagree a little on the conclusion. I'd rather have Clay than Rico straight up for the proven production and scoring potential of a healthy Clay. It's not an exhilarating prospect, but that's got to be worth more than a guy fighting for a roster spot.
Eh, I don't think Gathers is fighting for a spot anymore. I'm having difficulty theorizing a plausible scenario in which the Cowboys decide they'd rather keep Swaim and/or Jarwin over Gathers on the 53-man roster. Those two will probably be easy to get onto the practice-squad. 'Boys release Gathers, and I think they have to assume they'd lose him to another team.

Gathers is competing for a spot on the game-day roster now, I think. I'm guessing that will come down to Hanna's run-blocking vs Gathers' red-zone potential.
Fair enough. But someone who is still fighting to play on game days shouldn't be worth as much as Clay right?
I've found that Clay has real utility if you own him and have to plug him in, but in my experience he has zero trade appeal. He just always seems hurt and not practicing and playing for the Bills doesn't help. He has been more productive than people perceive him to be
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:47 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:54 am
ninotoreS wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:32 am
_yeti wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:47 am I'm genuinely curious to hear what people think of Clay and Maxx for Rico?
Clay is a TE2 and Maxx is waiver-wire material, even with the injuries to Baltimore's depth-chart. I think Clay's ceiling is probably only low-end TE1, so this is a trade I wouldn't bother with. It's not that I think Gathers will be more useful than Clay in fantasy any time soon, it's just that Gathers simply has a lot more value-growth potential in dynasty, so unless I'm just so weak at TE that I'm desperate for any kind of low-end TE1 / high-end TE2, I'd rather stash Gathers and hope to get lucky. As for Williams, he came in overrated as a rookie and proceeded to get leapfrogged and passed-over on his chart ever since. The Ravens' lack of faith in him is evident, so even if it seems like he has daylight on his depth-chart at the moment, history suggests it'll be short-lived.
I agree with your assessment of all of these players just maybe disagree a little on the conclusion. I'd rather have Clay than Rico straight up for the proven production and scoring potential of a healthy Clay. It's not an exhilarating prospect, but that's got to be worth more than a guy fighting for a roster spot.
Rico is on the 53, everyone can put that in stone, there's no way they will risk trying to sneak him onto the practice squad, there's just too much talent. I'm just not expecting much numbers wise, I'm thinking the best he will do, is replace Escobar(KC) in some packages, mainly red zone. Then, if he continues to develop, maybe in a season or two he can put up some numbers, depending on how long Witten plays,which I think he will for a couple more seasons.That's why it would be hard for me to hold Rico, except for deep rosters or TE premium.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:50 pm

_yeti wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:47 am I'm genuinely curious to hear what people think of Clay and Maxx for Rico? I look at it as an established but flawed producer in Clay, a high pedigree but flawed prospect in Maxx (so definitely not a peak value moment for either, I understand) for a high upside, high risk prospect in Rico. Anyone have any thoughts on this offer?

What would you pay for Rico?
TE is the one position that's about ceiling only. If you're not a top 3-5 difference maker then all the rest are about the same IMO. I'd easily want Rico over Clay/Maxx. Clay is an injury prone spot-start TE2, and I've never been a fan of Maxx. I'd much rather swing for the fences.

What I would pay for Rico? A 3rd seems too little, but as a buyer I wouldn't want to give a 2nd right now either. Maybe with a stacked team in a deep roster league I might give a future 2nd for him.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:54 pm

Hanna is hurt right now and will be having knee surgery so a lot depends on that. He is a very good blocker and core special teamer so I agree if he's healthy, it will be Witt, Hanna and Rico but it just depends how long that they think he'll but out. They may put him on the PUP list and go with Witt, Swaim and Rico.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:43 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:50 pm
_yeti wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:47 am I'm genuinely curious to hear what people think of Clay and Maxx for Rico? I look at it as an established but flawed producer in Clay, a high pedigree but flawed prospect in Maxx (so definitely not a peak value moment for either, I understand) for a high upside, high risk prospect in Rico. Anyone have any thoughts on this offer?

TE is the one position that's about ceiling only. If you're not a top 3-5 difference maker then all the rest are about the same IMO. I'd easily want Rico over Clay/Maxx. Clay is an injury prone spot-start TE2, and I've never been a fan of Maxx. I'd much rather swing for the fences.

What I would pay for Rico? A 3rd seems too little, but as a buyer I wouldn't want to give a 2nd right now either. Maybe with a stacked team in a deep roster league I might give a future 2nd for him.
I agree with this assessment, those are my feelings too (why I was going for the Rico side). My thinking was it was fair for where they all stand right now value wise not mad at anybody for declining it as the higher ceiling option is something I tend to shoot for too. Go big or go home.

I see what you mean too about picks. He's one of those people you can justify it either way. He's at a crossroad right now and hindsight is going to be man I should of bought him when he was cheap, or man I should have cashed in on the hype/sat it out. I think being willing to part with a third and not quite with a second at this point is where I would put it too (or sell for a second/hold for a third)
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:56 pm

There seem to be enough fans that you might be able to start collecting dues. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:12 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:50 pm

^^^^^ This x1000 ^^^^^

If you don't own Reed, Olsen, Kelce, or Gronk, you're just hoping for 7+ points per game out of your TE (Rudolph, Eifert, Witten, Gates, Henry, Hooper, Doyle, Ebron, Ertz, Clay, Walker, Bennett, Fleener, etc.) - there are so many floor plays at the Tight End position (including the WW), that I'd much rather swing for the fences at the Tight End position.

Personally, I swung for the fences and held onto L. Green for 3+ years - that was a sure miss. But I also happened to catch lightning in a bottle (J. Cameron - 2013) and hit the jackpot (Kelce - WW pickup) stashing high-upside TE's over the years.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:56 am

Reminds me when a bunch of us were talking stashing Kelce and finding J Thomas back in the day.

High upside stash here for sure.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:56 am

Reminds me when a bunch of us were talking stashing Kelce and finding J Thomas back in the day.

High upside stash here for sure.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:53 am

FYI, DAL has been practicing some 2-TE sets with Witten and Gathers. This still doesn't mean Gathers will be fantasy-relevant in 2017, but he's definitely a part of their plans and could have some TD upside at the very least if they run that set near the goal line.

Source: https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/8 ... 4179015680
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:46 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:53 am FYI, DAL has been practicing some 2-TE sets with Witten and Gathers. This still doesn't mean Gathers will be fantasy-relevant in 2017, but he's definitely a part of their plans and could have some TD upside at the very least if they run that set near the goal line.

Thanks for this. Just took the plunge and Dropped Ladarius Green for Rico. Figured I wouldn't be able to evaluate any longer before someone swooped in. Can't believe my leaguemates let him sit this long.
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:16 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:53 am FYI, DAL has been practicing some 2-TE sets with Witten and Gathers. This still doesn't mean Gathers will be fantasy-relevant in 2017, but he's definitely a part of their plans and could have some TD upside at the very least if they run that set near the goal line.

Everyone should keep in mind it's an offense that will utilize 2 TEs and wants to, so it isn't like Witten has to leave for their to be value. It will be a nice boom to his value but not necessary. Marcellus Bennett played a ton from 2008-2011 with Witten. Dallas loves TEs and when they opted on passing on all of them this year I knew they expected big things from Rico.

I'm stashing him for 2018 but he's going to have some 2017 red zone opportunities if he keeps scoring TDs in the pre season. Theres room for a 30/250/3 type of year from him in 2017, but practice squad is certainly out of the window. They practiced him at Tackle last year as a PS guy when they needed OL depth so he's got experience blocking in line. It's rare you see a guy 6'8 285 pounds running and jumping the way he does.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

n20
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby n20 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:48 am

Everything I've read, I want on the Gathers train. But, I'm at my roster limit. Who would y'all from the Fan Club boot to roster him?
12 team .5PPR super-flex | Championship 2015, 2017
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1SF, 1flex, K, D/ST
QB: Brees, Wilson | Rosen, Darnold
RB: Gurley, Freeman | D.Williams, Drake, Breida, Foreman
WR: OBJ, M.Thomas, Juju | Alshon, Godwin, Tre'Quan, Samuel
TE: Howard | Brate, I.Thomas, Higbee

12 team .5PPR super-flex
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 1flex, K, D/ST
QB: Ryan, Goff | Trubisky, Rosen
RB: Conner, Chubb, | D.Williams, A .Jones, Royce, Ballage, Love, B.Anderson
WR: Hopkins, M.Thomas, Juju | Boyd, Sutton
TE: Howard | Irv, Shaheen

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:54 am

n20 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:48 am Everything I've read, I want on the Gathers train. But, I'm at my roster limit. Who would y'all from the Fan Club boot to roster him?
I don't know if I would from your roster. The obvious candidate is Lee and I wouldn't mind dropping him, just don't know if I'd do it for a backup TE.