Nelson Agholor and Mack Hollins

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
carsoncity
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Nelson Agholor and Mack Hollins

Postby carsoncity » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Due to Jordan Matthews being shipped out of town how are we approaching these Eagles WR's going forward? Nelson Agholor could win the slot job. A hold? Or sell because the Eagles may have cleared space for Mack Hollins to play some slot, a 4th round rookie who noted he starting practicing slot in the back-end of his career at UNC. After scoring an impressive TD last night is he a rookie riser?

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Nelson Agholor and Mack Hollins

Postby Plank » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:07 pm

Mack seems to be a deep threat with good speed and ball tracking ability .. and I know there is a lot of hype around Agholor, but his problems for me has always been his hand strength, never really had a problem with his routes, athleticism, just that he never could hang onto the ball, the mildest swats seem to dislodge it every time ...
@PlankMelody

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:13 pm

I've heard rumors of Mack being in line for the Torrey Smith role. One rumor had Smith cuttable if Hollins performed well enoguh in camp. I'm not sure this changes it much unless Agholar fails to capitalize in the regular season.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:22 pm

The guy who gets the biggest value boost is Zach Ertz imo. The Eagles targeted TEs more than any other team last season, and there were already reports from camp that they were planning to utilize the tight ends even more this season. Wentz loves throwing over the middle of the field, Ertz led all TEs in targets the second half of the year iirc. He should get a good chunk of what Matthews would have seen, not Mack or Agholor.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:34 pm

Reljac wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:13 pm I've heard rumors of Mack being in line for the Torrey Smith role. One rumor had Smith cuttable if Hollins performed well enoguh in camp. I'm not sure this changes it much unless Agholar fails to capitalize in the regular season.
BGN Radio are also raving about Torrey Smith. Mack is fighting to stick on the roster, not to take Torrey's starting spot.. Often the hosts are commenting how he is comparing to Shelton Gibson, no where near the talk of Alshon, Torrey, or Agholor ..
@PlankMelody

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:37 pm

RightlegTucker wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:22 pm The guy who gets the biggest value boost is Zach Ertz imo. The Eagles targeted TEs more than any other team last season, and there were already reports from camp that they were planning to utilize the tight ends even more this season. Wentz loves throwing over the middle of the field, Ertz led all TEs in targets the second half of the year iirc. He should get a good chunk of what Matthews would have seen, not Mack or Agholor.
I'll personally never target Ertz again in my lifetime, his son maybe, if he ever makes it to the NFL. Done with that guy.
@PlankMelody

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:01 pm

Plank wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:37 pm
I'll personally never target Ertz again in my lifetime, his son maybe, if he ever makes it to the NFL. Done with that guy.
lol why? He has improved statistically every year he has been in the league and was one of the top tightends in PPR last season. Even if you don't like him personally as a player the volume alone make him a good value option after the top tier guys are off the board.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Wanna believe in Agholor but man, I just don't think I can.

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 pm

RightlegTucker wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:22 pm The guy who gets the biggest value boost is Zach Ertz imo. The Eagles targeted TEs more than any other team last season, and there were already reports from camp that they were planning to utilize the tight ends even more this season. Wentz loves throwing over the middle of the field, Ertz led all TEs in targets the second half of the year iirc. He should get a good chunk of what Matthews would have seen, not Mack or Agholor.
Completely agree. Haven't heard this much but no question Ertz benefits
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:37 pm

As an eagles fan, I'm pretty bullish on Hollins. If Agholor falters I don't think the eagles would hesitate to give Hollins a shot there, and even so, he is only an Alshon or Torrey injury away from real playing time (and is that so unlikely?). The reports from camp on Hollins have been glowing. He is not "fighting for a roster spot" - this dude is on the team, at the very least for his special teams prowess, but I think the eagles like his potential.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:54 am

Plank wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:34 pm
Reljac wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:13 pm I've heard rumors of Mack being in line for the Torrey Smith role. One rumor had Smith cuttable if Hollins performed well enoguh in camp. I'm not sure this changes it much unless Agholar fails to capitalize in the regular season.
BGN Radio are also raving about Torrey Smith. Mack is fighting to stick on the roster, not to take Torrey's starting spot.. Often the hosts are commenting how he is comparing to Shelton Gibson, no where near the talk of Alshon, Torrey, or Agholor ..
A 4th round rookie with special teams skills and great reviews in camp and a strong preseason game, and Mack is fighting to stick on the roster ???

In league that hardly makes trades, the Eagles traded away a WR to make room for the other WRs on the roster. Mack is certainly in play for playing time this year.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:59 am

Plank wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:34 pm
sneaky, talking down a player so you can scoop him up before your opponents get the true story.

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:39 am

Alshon not practicing fully today, Hollins working with the 1st team on the outside, Torrey Smith and Agholor rotating slot/outside.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:04 pm

I wish my league mates would use the forum, they'd be much better owners..
@PlankMelody

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:05 pm

With Alshon's injury history and Agholor not living up to hype (despite offseason news) I believe Hollins is definitely worth the add. WR3 potential IMO
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz