Jordan Matthews to Bills

Postby carsoncity » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:04 am

Increase in value? Should see more targets

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Jordan Matthews to Bills

Postby jdacunha » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:08 am

I think it increases his value. Taylor won't be the QB forever but, they do have some games where they do air it out.
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:20 am

I'm not so sure he sees an increase in targets... he will be moving from a team that had 609 attempts last year to a team that had 474 attempts last year.

Just to maintain his targets from last season, he would need to capture 25% of the total targets available in the buffalo offense. Sammy Watkins was on pace for fewer targets last season than Jordan Matthews had in Philly.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:22 am

Carson Wentz targets are not so accurate...or at a minimum you must agree that they weren't. Maybe he improves, but no way should all targets be accounted for the same. A high dosage of inaccurate passing isn't really going to lead to big stats.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:26 am

That's fair, but the attempt difference between the two teams is as if there is a WR1 siphoning off targets.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

BhamRudy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BhamRudy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:29 am

Depends on where they have him playing is my guess. Will he be in the slot or on the outside? If he stays in the slot I could see him have an increase in targets. If they move him to the outside with Zay Jones I think his targets will decline because I think Jones is better than Matthews even as a rookie.
14 team, (1 QB 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, IDP) PPR
QB: Bress, Newton, Trubisky
RB: Kamara, Mixon, K, Johnson. Lindsey, Justice Hill.
WR: Hopkins, Evans, Mike Williams, A Robbison, Godwin, Deebo Samuel. H, Butler.
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Fant

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:30 am

Reljac wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:26 am That's fair, but the attempt difference between the two teams is as if there is a WR1 siphoning off targets.
Yeah there's definitely a big target volume difference there and it should be accounted for. I think the Eagles bringing in Blount is an attempt to lower the passing volume some anyways there, though.
Matthews should see more targets this year than he was going to see as an Eagle. It might not be more than what he saw last year, but it should be more than he was LIKELY to see this year. Those targets should be more accurately placed targets, as well, and that placement matters for a WR that is quite often going over the middle.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:30 am

The lower target argument is kind of misguided. I'm not saying he won't see fewer targets, but Wentz was a rookie, didn't take shots downfield, was inaccurate, and once again he was a rookie. There's almost no competition for targets in BUF outside of an old man and an overhyped and currently injured rookie.

As compared to his 2017 outlook on PHI this is definitely an upgrade. Long term is irrelevant because he's a FA next year so I only see this as a positive
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:40 am

Bump up for Matthews, Algohor, T.Smith and Hopkins.
12 Team Dynasty IDP PPR (Yr.7)
QB-Stafford
RBChubb,MixonJ.White
WRK.Allen, Golladay, Lazard, M.WilliamsIsabella,
TE-Ebron,Gesicki,Irv Smith
DL-Short
DE-Dunlap,L.Williams
LB-Kwon,Mosley,Shaq
CB+S-Bell,Thomas

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:45 am

Titus Young's Lawyer wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:40 am Bump up for Matthews, Algohor, T.Smith and Hopkins.
Sure for the first three, but why Hopkins? :lol:
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

carsoncity
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby carsoncity » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:46 am

BhamRudy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:29 am Depends on where they have him playing is my guess. Will he be in the slot or on the outside? If he stays in the slot I could see him have an increase in targets. If they move him to the outside with Zay Jones I think his targets will decline because I think Jones is better than Matthews even as a rookie.
Can't see them using Matthews on the outside, he's never had success there in albeit limited chances but more simply he just doesn't profile as a guy that can play on the sidelines, feet aren't super quick, struggles getting separation, doesn't catch the ball at its high point and usually makes catches with his body.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:53 am

Titus Young's Lawyer wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:40 am Bump up for Matthews, Algohor, T.Smith and Hopkins.
:lol:

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:43 pm

I meant Hollins. I haven't been on the forum as much lately and I had missed the rush of making an error and being unmercifully ridiculed by my brethren. Good day gentleman.
12 Team Dynasty IDP PPR (Yr.7)
QB-Stafford
RBChubb,MixonJ.White
WRK.Allen, Golladay, Lazard, M.WilliamsIsabella,
TE-Ebron,Gesicki,Irv Smith
DL-Short
DE-Dunlap,L.Williams
LB-Kwon,Mosley,Shaq
CB+S-Bell,Thomas

BhamRudy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BhamRudy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:56 pm

carsoncity wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:46 am
BhamRudy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:29 am Depends on where they have him playing is my guess. Will he be in the slot or on the outside? If he stays in the slot I could see him have an increase in targets. If they move him to the outside with Zay Jones I think his targets will decline because I think Jones is better than Matthews even as a rookie.
Can't see them using Matthews on the outside, he's never had success there in albeit limited chances but more simply he just doesn't profile as a guy that can play on the sidelines, feet aren't super quick, struggles getting separation, doesn't catch the ball at its high point and usually makes catches with his body.
So who do you think will play the outside? Boldin and Jones?
14 team, (1 QB 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, IDP) PPR
QB: Bress, Newton, Trubisky
RB: Kamara, Mixon, K, Johnson. Lindsey, Justice Hill.
WR: Hopkins, Evans, Mike Williams, A Robbison, Godwin, Deebo Samuel. H, Butler.
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Fant

carsoncity
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby carsoncity » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:00 pm

BhamRudy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:56 pm
carsoncity wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:46 am
So who do you think will play the outside? Boldin and Jones?
Great question, I don't know. Feels like the bills are starting 3 slot receivers this point based on what little Ive seen from Zay Jones. The problem is that even if the Bills do decide to use Matthews in an outside role I have serious questions if he will be able to make the most of his targets there.