Stop calling Sammy Watkins a stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TaquitoPeddler
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Sammy Watkins to Rams

Postby TaquitoPeddler » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:23 am

I just pray Sammy recovers from his concussion quickly.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:49 am

dynastyninja wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:21 am Glad to see Sammy do well this week. Seems like he ended up in a good situation in a newly minted, high-power offense.
It's still the Niners and Colts. Let's see how he does over the next month.

cweds
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cweds » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:46 am

Are we still thinking he's in a good situation? It's hard to produce when you're only seeing 4 targets per game. Does it even make sense for the Rams to tag him after this season if this is how they're planning to use him?
Team 1 (3rd Season):
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,FLEX
24 Man Active Roster
QB: Wilson, Wentz
RB: Freeman, D. Cook, Jamal Williams, Carson, AP, Lindsay, RJ
WR: Adams, T. Hill, Thielen, M. Bryant, Golladay, Trequan Smith, Pettis, MVS, J'mon Moore, C. Williams
TE: Olsen, Gescicki, Ebron, J. Smith
2019: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Team 2 (2nd season):
12 team 4pt Pass TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,3FLEX
25 Man Active Roster/3 IR spots
QB: Mariota, Roethlisberger, Trubisky
RB: DJ, Guice, Penny, Royce Freeman, Conner, Carson, Kelly, Dixon, Morris
WR: Allen, JJSS, Landry, Robinson, Watkins, Godwin, Callaway, Allison, Doctson, J. Moore, MVS
TE: Kelce, Njoku

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:15 am

Religious chatter in a football forum.... Yuck. Keep it out of this forum and keep your beliefs to yourselves please. Somethings are simply better left unsaid. Those of you going off on your own personal beliefs that are not supported by evidence - well, some things you cant unsay.

Flat earth.... give me a break. It is sad that in 2017 that is a thing that we even waste our times discussing. It speaks volumes about the people that support it or buy into it. Says a lot about how powerful childhood indoctrination can be. Same can be said about other beliefs that get propagated despite the lack of evidence in today's world. I'll leave it at that.

Sammy Watkins, for as talented as he is, is not an elite fantasy asset. I don't think his lack of consistency has anything to do with him being a flat-earther, but.... one never knows what is going through his head now that that cat is out of the bag. I do think it has much to do with the LA offense and J.Goff's growing pains. IN the long run, I do think Sammy can be a nice WR2 with upside in fantasy. For the time being however, I think he'll have some ups and downs that his owners will have to endure. NFL athletes do not have to be "smart" to be successful. Most of them are not that intelligent because - most of them never had to be.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:49 am

So here's the thing with Sammy/Goff and LA:

Garcon - 1,000 yards
DJax - 1,000 yards
Crowder - 800 yards
Reed - 600-700 yards
Davis - 500-600 yards
Thompson - 300-400 yards

Clearly, McVay spreads the ball, and above was based on Cousins throwing for nearly 5,000 yards last year. We've already seen this in LA with Woods, Watkins, Kupp, Higbee, Gurley being the lead receiver on a given week.

All in all, Watkins owners want him showered with targets and Sammy to me is clearly talented but it's just not the offense that calls for that kind of play calling...at least for right now.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 am

Servo wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:49 am So here's the thing with Sammy/Goff and LA:

Garcon - 1,000 yards
DJax - 1,000 yards
Crowder - 800 yards
Reed - 600-700 yards
Davis - 500-600 yards
Thompson - 300-400 yards

Clearly, McVay spreads the ball, and above was based on Cousins throwing for nearly 5,000 yards last year. We've already seen this in LA with Woods, Watkins, Kupp, Higbee, Gurley being the lead receiver on a given week.

All in all, Watkins owners want him showered with targets and Sammy to me is clearly talented but it's just not the offense that calls for that kind of play calling...at least for right now.
Agreed. Garçon/Jackson were just the dudes that happened to get open the most. If Sammy wants more targets he has to get open and outside of two weeks ago he just hasn't done that.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:01 pm

During the first half of the game yesterday I saw Watkins break open deep down the right sideline. Goff aired the ball out to him. It fell incomplete just out of Sammy's reach. It would have gone for a long TD and changed the game. The network didn't show any replay, however I was pretty sure Watkins gave up on the play and slowed down.

Did anyone else the same thing?

I assume if it did happen that way, then Watkins is hearing about it from the coaches today.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:48 pm

rubber_duck wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:01 pm During the first half of the game yesterday I saw Watkins break open deep down the right sideline. Goff aired the ball out to him. It fell incomplete just out of Sammy's reach. It would have gone for a long TD and changed the game. The network didn't show any replay, however I was pretty sure Watkins gave up on the play and slowed down.

I assume if it did happen that way, then Watkins is hearing about it from the coaches today.
I was sick as a dog yesterday and didn't watch any games, but was listening to it on the radio (all the kids tilt their head, "what's that??") and heard the announcers say he gave up on his route.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:53 pm

Before the start of the season, I traded Watkins straight up for Wentz in a 16 team superflex. No regrets.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:58 pm

no regerts
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:31 pm

Superflex, You got Wentz for Watkins? Wow. You killed that trade slaughterrt. I'm a fan of C.Wentz. NDSU is a neighbor. Wentz is a good kid.

Superflex value;

Wentz >>>>>>> Watkins.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:34 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:31 pm Superflex, You got Wentz for Watkins? Wow. You killed that trade slaughterrt. I'm a fan of C.Wentz. NDSU is a neighbor. Wentz is a good kid.

Superflex value;

Wentz >>>>>>> Watkins.
Yeah this was preseason before Wentz blew up (and I think before Sammy traded). I had only Bortles and Bridgewater at QB and I’m a big fan of Wentz. Acquired him wherever I could. Never cared for Watkins but got him in a trade last year (as I’m rebuilding). Figured I gotta build around a solid QB and Bortles was not the guy.

I got some flack for the trade, but in a 16 team superflex, sometimes you gotta overpay for that young QB (even though I didn’t really see this as an overpay).

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:57 pm

I own Watkins in two leagues but I benched him in both this weekend, one league started Aaron Jones over him(just wanted someone with sure touches) and in the other league started Rishard Matthews over him, he didn't do much but it's better than a zero. It's just hard for me to start him being that he's not very involved in the offense, I've considered trying to trade him but right now isn't a good time so I will just ride it out for awhile and see what happens.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:00 pm

Servo wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:49 am So here's the thing with Sammy/Goff and LA:

Garcon - 1,000 yards
DJax - 1,000 yards
Crowder - 800 yards
Reed - 600-700 yards
Davis - 500-600 yards
Thompson - 300-400 yards

Agreed.

However, it's still clear that Goff either is not comfortable throwing to Watkins a lot and/or just isn't looking his way. McVay's offense will always be about throwing to the open man, but the past two weeks they have gone out of their way to get Tavon involved in the offense. They definitely can make more of an effort to get Watkins going if they're scheming touches for a limited gadget player.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:50 pm

rubber_duck wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:01 pm During the first half of the game yesterday I saw Watkins break open deep down the right sideline. Goff aired the ball out to him. It fell incomplete just out of Sammy's reach. It would have gone for a long TD and changed the game. The network didn't show any replay, however I was pretty sure Watkins gave up on the play and slowed down.

I hate to admit it but it looked that way to me too - but hard to know for certain.

Interestingly enough there was a piece on Watkins on one of the shows this weekend about how he regrets how he acted in Buffalo and is ready to be more of a team player. Then that play happened. I think many players can be guilty of taking plays off - its just optically that looked bad to me.

And I am a Watkins fan & owner.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..