Everrett or Engram

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Everrett or Engram

Postby theone » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:03 pm

dm1129 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:17 pm It seems like every year the fantasy world gets infatuated with new candidates to be a 'Jordan Reed' TE. The reality is having 'Jordan Reed' is as much about coaching and scheme as it is the player. If it was as simple as putting a large WR type player into the TE position, the league would be full of 'Jordan Reeds'. I take Everett because he was hand picked by the coach who was with Jordan Reed from the moment he entered the league. McVay could not be more enthsiastic about what Everett has done both in OTAs as well as training camp and most importantly knows exactly what it takes to make the hybrid WR/TE role a success.
ninotoreS wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:15 pm You know, Reed is a bit overrated, and as such so is McVay in the context of 'he makes move-TEs good' for coaching/producing him. Of course Reed's injury problems have been a factor, but technically Reed has only had one truly great fantasy season so far, and it wasn't even '16. This notion gaining traction lately that McVay is a move-TE whisperer seems premature to me.
Both of these posts really demonstrate how underrated the talent level of Reed is. I get it, he is not a great athlete who will never be much of a downfield factor. But he is the best TE at creating quick clean separation making for very easy completions plus has very good hands and ball skills which has resulted in a very high catch rate over his career. He was the overall TE1 in PPG each of the last two seasons for PPR leagues despite being used primarily as a decoy in 3 games last season playing with a separated shoulder. Taking those games out, here is what his 16-game average looks like over the games played the last two seasons:
102 receptions / 136 targets / 1101 yards / 11 touchdowns. Those are phenomenal numbers for a WR.

Back to the topic at hand. It is Engram by a wide margin for me. Not quite as good after the catch but far better route runner and ball skills.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:17 pm

theone wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:03 pm Both of these posts really demonstrate how underrated the talent level of Reed is. I get it, he is not a great athlete who will never be much of a downfield factor.
Apparently you don't get it, because my point had nothing at all to do with a critical assessment of Jordan Reed's talent level. And I certainly don't think Reed's 93rd percentile agility-score is nothing, or that he isn't fast enough to stretch the seam.

My point is about McVay and the perception that Jordan Reed's one-and-a-half good fantasy seasons with him is already enough to qualify as proof that Everett's pro prospects are now automatically enhanced just by grace of McVay being his head-coach.

A coach only truly qualifies as a position-whisperer when one can point to a lengthy history of success at the position with said coach, spanning multiple different players. Not just one player. And especially not just one player with only 1.5 great seasons.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:31 pm

With the gloves receivers are allowed to wear, I wouldn't be the least bit worried about Everett's hand size.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:52 pm

Engram not close
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Gotta be excited about how the Giants lined Engram up all over the field tonight in the first game.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Engram, but it's close. I feel good about Everett's transition, I think it'll go rather smoothly over the first few years.

Engram to me is gigantic boom or bust. I just don't see a middle ground for him.

smoger45
Role Player
Role Player

Postby smoger45 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:58 am

sugbear65 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:14 pm Man, if he is a new owner that inherited a bad team, and is pulling moves like sending Engram for Kap...well just be ready to find a new owner again next offseason. I guess I'm higher on him than most, but I like Everett as much or more as anyone on that list, except for McGuire. Fair warning he's my boy, but I would prioritize grabbing him, he's a sneaky good mix of opportunity and talent.
He already quit
16 team 30 man PPR High scoring format.
QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/WR|TE flex
D/D/DB/DB/DL/LB/LB/LB/CB
Completions .5
Passing Yards 15 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 10
Interceptions -4
Rushing Attempts .5
Rushing Yards 5
yards per point Rushing Touchdowns 10 Receptions 1
Receiving Yards 4 yards per point
Receiving Touchdowns 10
Return Touchdowns 20
2-Point Conversions 3
Fumbles Lost -4
Offensive Fumble Return TD 20
Kickers
Field Goals
0-19 Yards 5 20-29 Yards 6 30-39 Yards 8 40-49 Yards 12 50+ Yards 15
Point After Attempt Made 2

QB. D. Jones, Herbert,
RB. D. Pearce, M. Gordon, N. Harris D. Singletary, Jamal Williams, Ty Johnson
WR. A. Cooper, Djax, Marquise Brown, OBJ, E. Moore, Duvernay, V. Jones
TE Z. Ertz, D. Waller
K W. Lutz
LB J. Baker, Mykal, Pratt, J.Phillips
DE C. Jordan, B. Burns
CB T. Diggs, K. Gordon, P. Adebo
S T. Edmunds, A. Winfield Jr. Marcus Williams

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:29 pm

Engram by a lot

for upside I like Sheehan over Everett.
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:38 pm

Engram is gonna own the middle of the field with OBJ drawing constant double teams and Marshall getting some extra attention. They also don't the run, more good news for Engram.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:50 am

Anything I read about the NYG and Engram is how they have a plan for him .. So, on that alone I would be excited to own him this year ...

I do however, think Manning is nearing the end of his career, and I will be quite curious through the year to see how well he actually performs. I love that Giants DEF, but I could see the wheels coming off quite easily with the Giants offense .. Even if not this year, what do the Giants do next year? How will that affect the 2nd year TE Engram ..

With Everett we know new Head Coach McVay knows the value of TE's and having ex-ATL QB coach Matt LaFleur now as OC with ties to Shanahan .. I think the value of TE in their system is going to be valuable. My questions are about Goff and if he can really be the franchise QB they drafted him to be .. At certain points this preseason I have been really encouraged with the Rams, but I also can see it is going to be some growing pains (especially after Preseason Game 3) with Goff mistakes ..

But these are the things I consider for long term value .. for this year Engram seems to be the better play, but his long term I'm not so sure of .. and with Everett I could see a long term chemistry with a young QB and a TE friendly system ..
@PlankMelody