Freeman deal impact.

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Freeman deal impact.

Postby CK_ » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Been following freeman since the beginning and drafted and held him in Dynasty. Seen multiple people rate him as the #4 and coming from someone that loves freeman I can honestly say this is the perfect time to sell. I don't think his value can get higher, people finally believe in the guy even when they might not want to. I loved freeman and his underdog value, but he just won't be a steal anymore and his value has finally peaked in an area it should've been 2 years ago. I'll happily take a Jordan Howard+ and most of the rookie RBs+ more over Freeman. I'm glad his value is as high as it is so I can cash in on it. Yippee!
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:31 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:16 pm I don't think this changes Coleman's value much. Most people valued him highly assuming either he would eventually leave and go elsewhere or Freeman would. It's basically looking like he'll be the one leaving now.
This for me as well. Maybe a little regression for Coleman, as far as TDs but he's still going to get alot of touches. For me personally, I own only like two shares and for where I drafted him at, I never expected him to be a full time starter for me right now. Of course, it would be nice if he could get out of there and I think he'll be offered a starting job from someone when his rookie deal is up.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:49 pm

Considering his TD rate, Coleman seems very likely to regress this season, unless there is some indication that his touches will go up. I can't see buying him at his current price to wait 2 years for him to maybe be a full-time back, although I am a fan of his talent. I am betting he is cheaper next offseason.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:30 pm

Coleman will get some work, but I don't know if a team is spending that kind of money on RB to put him in a timeshare. I expect Coleman to take more of a backup/handcuff role this year, as opposed to the 1b to Freeman's 1a like he was under Shanny. If u own Coleman and ever wanted to sell, I expect this is the high point untill he is able to switch teams(or a major Freeman injury). If you are not a huge fan, I would def sell now while you can get a healthy return. Conversely, if u want to buy, I would wait until in season, as I think his decreased(in my guess) usage will cause his value to drop, and could be had cheaper.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Sold Coleman for an '18 1st last week thinking that I'd gamble on drafting or trading for an actual starting RB for next year. I figured this deal might happen soon and the window to sell high on Coleman might disappear for at least two years. Hope I made the right decision!
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

IceisNice02
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby IceisNice02 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:34 am

Coleman is being used a LOT as a receiver in practices. I think some of you are going to be disappointed in selling him. Him and Freeman as spending a lot of time in 2 back sets as well. I do expect the rushing load to be roughly a 70/30 split, but both backs will get tons of receiving work. That ATL defense is improved as well so that offense is going to get even more offensive opportunities.
PPR Dynasty 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 FLEX
1 PPR, 4 point passing TDs

QB: Ryan/Bortles
RB: Freeman/Coleman/Duke/Collins/Washington
WR: Julio/Hilton/Parker/JBrown/Hurns/Gordon/Treadwell/Patterson/TSmith
TE: Henry/Hooper

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:01 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:26 pm Because most of the dynasty community missed the boat on him completely and thought Tevin Coleman would "easily" win the job. Even after two RB1 seasons, some are cautiously waiting for his downfall.
This is exactly right.

Go back and peek at the threads and you see they are dominated by "you don't understand, Coleman was announced as the starter in the preseason" and "but he's fast!"

Coleman may or may not be moved for 2018--regardless of where he is, he will continue to run fast and fall down when breathed upon.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:36 pm

IceisNice02 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:34 am Coleman is being used a LOT as a receiver in practices. I think some of you are going to be disappointed in selling him. Him and Freeman as spending a lot of time in 2 back sets as well. I do expect the rushing load to be roughly a 70/30 split, but both backs will get tons of receiving work. That ATL defense is improved as well so that offense is going to get even more offensive opportunities.
Unless he's the STARTER in the slot in 3-wide, it is unlikely to do enough to significantly boost his projection.

Lotta owners keep talking up Coleman as a receiver lately, but he only caught 30 passes last year. He wasn't Duke/White/Woodhead/Sproles/etc out there.
Him and Freeman as spending a lot of time in 2 back sets as well.
You should also cite your sources, because I keep my ear low to the ground and I haven't heard this at all.

Seems unlikely, because Falcons are preparing to use Hooper more this year in the slot while keeping Toilolo in-line, and they still plan to use a fullback on a significant percentage of snaps despite DiMarco leaving town. They can only have 11 guys on the field, so there isn't really room here for Free and Coleman to be on the field together.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE