Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Zeke Suspension

Postby skip » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Mr.Winitall wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:55 am Completely false except for your last line.
Based on my personal experience with families that I know, my statements are 100% true.

This will take us on a tangent at this point so I don't want to derail the thread too much by sharing multiple situations. But I can assure you that it doesn't take anything for CPS to get involved. I know a woman whose mother in law didn't want her birthing at home. The night the baby was born she called the police and they came with CPS and too the baby and it took months for that mother to get her child back. That's just one of a handful of which I have personal knowledge of the family.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:37 pm

skip wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:52 pm
Mr.Winitall wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:55 am Completely false except for your last line.
Based on my personal experience with families that I know, my statements are 100% true.

This will take us on a tangent at this point so I don't want to derail the thread too much by sharing multiple situations. But I can assure you that it doesn't take anything for CPS to get involved. I know a woman whose mother in law didn't want her birthing at home. The night the baby was born she called the police and they came with CPS and too the baby and it took months for that mother to get her child back. That's just one of a handful of which I have personal knowledge of the family.
Home birth isn't even a recognized risk factor for cps. Your incomplete anecdotal evidence shouldn't be tossed about so flippantly.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:40 am

captain howdy wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:37 pm Home birth isn't even a recognized risk factor for cps. Your incomplete anecdotal evidence shouldn't be tossed about so flippantly.
I never said CPS came because she was birthing at home. I said the mother-in-law called CPS because she didn't agree with such a decision. She made up false allegations and they came and took the baby. I personally know 3 families that have had their children taken in this manner over bogus accusations. We have home birthed our children and home school them as well and parental rights is a HUGE hot button issue in the circles in which I am part. My personal experience with CPS is horrible. It's not about what the law says, it is how it operates (much like the police corruption issue over which all of these athletes are taking a stand).

sesame street thugz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby sesame street thugz » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:25 pm

skip wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:27 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:54 pm
Reljac wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:46 pm

I guess you don't understand, guilt or innocence is not a requirement for suspension or termination of employment ANYWHERE... Plenty of police officers are put on suspensions for being accused of something. I've also known teachers who've been suspended for accusations.

Let's be clear, in the case of police officers, teachers, and NFLers... all have unions, all may be suspended without proof of guilt.... only the NFLer gets to fall back on fame to try to get their suspension overturned. Heck, some may even say that ESPN announcers get suspended without a trial.
Yeah, that's a good point. Personally, I have worked 19 years at the same place and never had any trouble but I guess they could suspend me too for something without proof.
Go and look at the way CPS operates. Not only do they take your kids away without evidence of anything, you are assumed guilty and have to try to prove your innocence in the court. There are kids stolen away for months and even years without any tangible proof of anything. All it takes is a phone call from someone trying to disrupt a family.

And parents don't have a union to represent them.
I would like to throw a flag on this post. Personal foul, going ridiculously off subject, that will be 15 yds and a loss of posting privileges for a week.
Qb: J. Winston, S. Bradford, J. Brissett, A.J. McCarron, T. Bridgewater (IR)
RB: L. Bell, L. Fournette, M. Ingram, A. Collins, J. Conner, J. Hill, D. McFadden, A. Morris, T. Watson, D. Williams, R. Smith (TS)
WR: B. Cooks, A. Robinson, S. Diggs, M. Jones, B. Coleman, P. Cooper, T. Lockett, C. Patterson, K. Listenbee (TS), T. Mc Bride (TS)
TE: J. Graham, E. Swoope (IR)
K: M. Bryant
DL: M. Bennett, D. Hunter, G. Atkins
LB: M. Barron, R. Shazier, B. Wagner, J. Bostic, J. Brown, M. Kendricks
DB: J. Poyer, H. Smith, E. Apple, D. Shead (IR)

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:11 pm

You guys are both right. Skip is right because, of the dozens of CPS cases I've been aware of as an educator, very few make it beyond the first few notices that trouble exists.

Captain Howdy is right because by the time a case reaches his level, it's pretty much a formality at that point.

You're both right, now please stop.

Let's talk about Zeke. More importantly, what is anyone doing with McFadden/Morris?
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:07 pm

Let's talk about Zeke. More importantly, what is anyone doing with McFadden/Morris?
[/quote]

I have McFadden as his handcuff(I play PPR) and McFadden will get some 1st/2nd down work and mostly all of the 3rd down work, so I'm just holding McFadden until we hear something definite. Right now, Zeke should play the next two games and then who knows? He might play all season and then deal with it next season.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:15 pm

I'm selling McFadden and/or Morris for whatever I can get. I threw out offers of McFadden for any 3rd with no takers.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Rotoworld mentioned settlement talks. Doesn't sound like they got anywhere but I wonder who initiated and what the proposal was? At some point seems like both sides should be amenable so they get a partial win at least.

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:36 am

onetwothree wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:13 pm Rotoworld mentioned settlement talks. Doesn't sound like they got anywhere but I wonder who initiated and what the proposal was? At some point seems like both sides should be amenable so they get a partial win at least.
schefter already tweeted nfl won't settle. The saga continues.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:39 am

Yeah I don't see how the NFL backs down now. They didn't back down after that silly deflated ball fiasco, they definitely won't in a case concerning DV even if it isn't completely conclusive. That would look bad.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

psu007
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby psu007 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:13 am

Slackalacker wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:39 am Yeah I don't see how the NFL backs down now. They didn't back down after that silly deflated ball fiasco, they definitely won't in a case concerning DV even if it isn't completely conclusive. That would look bad.
I agree with you. Even if they think there's a strong chance they lose, they can at least spin it that they believe in their DV policy and fought for it.
Team 1 - 12 Team, PPR, All 6TD

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, K, D

QB - Cousins, Luck, Mayfield
RB - Elliot, Thompson, McKinnon, Penny, Michel, Miller, E.McGuire, Foreman, Ekeler
WR - OBJ, Robinson, K.Allen, C.Davis, Allsion, M.Bryant, C.Coleman, Moncrief, P.Richardson, Chark
TE - Reed, Gathers, Shaheen, Seals-Jones
K - Jake Elliott
D - NE, MIA
Picks - 2019: 3-5

Team 2 - 12 Team, SF 0.5 PPR, 4/6TD

1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1SF, 1FLEX, 1TE

QB - Cousins, Goff, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jackson
RB - Gurley, Ingram, Coleman, Clement, Booker, Rawls, Samuels
WR - Hilton, Fuller, Moore, Byrant, Locket, Moncrief, Rogers, Miller, St.Brown,
TE - Gesicki, Clay, McDonald, Andrews
Picks - 2019: 1,2,3x2,4

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:23 pm

psu007 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:13 am
Slackalacker wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:39 am Yeah I don't see how the NFL backs down now. They didn't back down after that silly deflated ball fiasco, they definitely won't in a case concerning DV even if it isn't completely conclusive. That would look bad.
I agree with you. Even if they think there's a strong chance they lose, they can at least spin it that they believe in their DV policy and fought for it.
And from the other side, if Zeke is innocent why give any ground either? Agreeing to a shorter suspension is an admission of guilt.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Suspension upheld, out until week 15.

I traded him yesterday for OBJ + an early 1st. :D

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:37 pm

Tsunami wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:33 pm Suspension upheld, out until week 15.

I traded him yesterday for OBJ + an early 1st. :D
YOU THIEF!!!!
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:38 pm

Looks like the suspension is back on again!
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..