Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Reljac
Captain
Captain

Re: Zeke Suspension

Postby Reljac » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:10 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:20 pm He will probably have to serve it at some point due to the bad deal that the players agreed upon in the last bargaining deal. I would fight it if I didn't do it though, with the NFL talking banishment for domestic violence cases, I wouldn't just accept it, no way.
As I sit at work and realize that it took me working 80+ hour weeks to the same age that these guys retire to be fully credentialed, so that I could make 1/10th of the money these athletes do, I find it hard to see how they got a bad deal in anything... especially if it's because they can't can't be doing drugs or beating women.

The reality of it all is so skewed.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:24 pm

Let's be clear here; there are two separate issues at play.

1. From a moral perspective, I don't believe the evidence showed that he ever laid hands on this woman, and I think any suspension is insane without a preponderance of the evidence.
2. From a fantasy perspective, it sounds like he can re-file the appeal through the state of New York, at which point it's likely the suspension is again stopped until 2018. This part is from piecing together various Twitter analyses, so who knows? I've added Morris and/or McFadden in multiple redraft leagues just in case the suspension stands.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:29 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:24 pm Let's be clear here; there are two separate issues at play.

1. From a moral perspective, I don't believe the evidence showed that he ever laid hands on this woman, and I think any suspension is insane without a preponderance of the evidence.
2. From a fantasy perspective, it sounds like he can re-file the appeal through the state of New York, at which point it's likely the suspension is again stopped until 2018. This part is from piecing together various Twitter analyses, so who knows? I've added Morris and/or McFadden in multiple redraft leagues just in case the suspension stands.
Totally agree on your first point and I did the same thing, added McFadden in several leagues, just in case.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:34 pm

Reljac wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:10 am
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:20 pm He will probably have to serve it at some point due to the bad deal that the players agreed upon in the last bargaining deal. I would fight it if I didn't do it though, with the NFL talking banishment for domestic violence cases, I wouldn't just accept it, no way.
As I sit at work and realize that it took me working 80+ hour weeks to the same age that these guys retire to be fully credentialed, so that I could make 1/10th of the money these athletes do, I find it hard to see how they got a bad deal in anything... especially if it's because they can't can't be doing drugs or beating women.

The reality of it all is so skewed.
Oh, if they are "proven"to be guilty of this stuff, then by all means, I think the league should probably be harder on them, actually. I was referring to article 46 which basically, in a nutshell, gives Goodell too much power, imo, but the players and Demaurice Smith agreed to it, that's what I was referring to.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:34 pm Oh, if they are "proven"to be guilty of this stuff, then by all means, I think the league should probably be harder on them, actually. I was referring to article 46 which basically, in a nutshell, gives Goodell too much power, imo, but the players and Demaurice Smith agreed to it, that's what I was referring to.
I guess you don't understand, guilt or innocence is not a requirement for suspension or termination of employment ANYWHERE... Plenty of police officers are put on suspensions for being accused of something. I've also known teachers who've been suspended for accusations.

Let's be clear, in the case of police officers, teachers, and NFLers... all have unions, all may be suspended without proof of guilt.... only the NFLer gets to fall back on fame to try to get their suspension overturned. Heck, some may even say that ESPN announcers get suspended without a trial.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Reljac wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:46 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:34 pm Oh, if they are "proven"to be guilty of this stuff, then by all means, I think the league should probably be harder on them, actually. I was referring to article 46 which basically, in a nutshell, gives Goodell too much power, imo, but the players and Demaurice Smith agreed to it, that's what I was referring to.
I guess you don't understand, guilt or innocence is not a requirement for suspension or termination of employment ANYWHERE... Plenty of police officers are put on suspensions for being accused of something. I've also known teachers who've been suspended for accusations.

Let's be clear, in the case of police officers, teachers, and NFLers... all have unions, all may be suspended without proof of guilt.... only the NFLer gets to fall back on fame to try to get their suspension overturned. Heck, some may even say that ESPN announcers get suspended without a trial.
Yeah, that's a good point. Personally, I have worked 19 years at the same place and never had any trouble but I guess they could suspend me too for something without proof.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Yeah, that's a good point. Personally, I have worked 19 years at the same place and never had any trouble but I guess they could suspend me too for something without proof.
Go and look at the way CPS operates. Not only do they take your kids away without evidence of anything, you are assumed guilty and have to try to prove your innocence in the court. There are kids stolen away for months and even years without any tangible proof of anything. All it takes is a phone call from someone trying to disrupt a family.

And parents don't have a union to represent them.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:30 pm

Any suspension now will impact the fantasy playoffs and possibly real life run with him being unavailable down the stretch. At this point, you'd have to hope it's pushed to next year and not weeks 9-14 since it's now delayed for 2 weeks.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:48 pm

Total gong show
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:23 am

Zeke owners must be pulling their hair out. This latest delay means that if he gets suspended this year, he misses fantasy playoffs which is 100x worse for a zeke owner than first 6 weeks of the year then trying to come back and make a run after

I'm selfishly hoping he gets suspended and out for playoffs, and praying Ajayi turns this season around and I can use AJ to get our league leader to move Zeke to try and finally win the championship instead of being runner up like last 2 years.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:32 am

onetwothree wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:30 pm Any suspension now will impact the fantasy playoffs and possibly real life run with him being unavailable down the stretch. At this point, you'd have to hope it's pushed to next year and not weeks 9-14 since it's now delayed for 2 weeks.
If the league wins, they'll enforce it ASAP. I doubt they'll let him keep playing.

Mr.Winitall
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Mr.Winitall » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:55 am

[/quote
Go and look at the way CPS operates. Not only do they take your kids away without evidence of anything, you are assumed guilty and have to try to prove your innocence in the court. There are kids stolen away for months and even years without any tangible proof of anything. All it takes is a phone call from someone trying to disrupt a family.

[/quote]

Completely false except for your last line.

wildabeast49
Role Player
Role Player

Postby wildabeast49 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:33 pm

Agreed, I work with the public school system and work with CPS regularly. At least where I am, it is incredibly hard to remove kids from the home.
10 team, .5 ppr dynasty
QB: Brady, Wilson
RB: Fournette, cook, mixon, Ajayi, Gordon, Ware, Joe Williams, Hunt, Martin
WR: Evans, TY, Dez, Sammy, Coleman, Diggs, Ross, White, Fitz
TE: Watson, Eifert, Bennet

PPR 12 team superflex, limited devy (1 per year) heavy return yardage
Cousins, Rivers, Kizer
Fournette, Zeke, Mixon, mcCaffrey, Joe Williams, Mcnichols, Mack, Martin
Cooper, Evans, Watkins, Coleman, Diggs, Martavis, Chad Williams, Parker
Henry, Rudolph, Hodges

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:53 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:23 am Zeke owners must be pulling their hair out. This latest delay means that if he gets suspended this year, he misses fantasy playoffs which is 100x worse for a zeke owner than first 6 weeks of the year then trying to come back and make a run after

I'm selfishly hoping he gets suspended and out for playoffs, and praying Ajayi turns this season around and I can use AJ to get our league leader to move Zeke to try and finally win the championship instead of being runner up like last 2 years.
It's frustrating, but what can you do? Right now, he might miss weeks 9-14 and in my leagues, almost all of them, our playoffs start week 14, so it could hurt for sure. I'm getting offers to move him but nothing strong enough to take seriously because there's still that chance that he doesn't serve any this season.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:11 pm

skip wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:27 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Not sure what state you reside, or speak of, but as a prosecutor in Illinois I find the exact opposite to be true. I mean, I have to make arguments when the child is found laying in needles and rhe parents is high on heroin, or gets pulled over and hide their drugs and needles (uncapped) in the babies carseat, or leaves the child without supervision for 2 weeks, or takes such poor of the child's hygiene that they develop bed sores in their diaper rash, or children who are 150 pounds OVERweight or having untreated medical or mental health issues.

I think the proof should reside with the "parents ", that they should get the kid back, but it does not