Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Reljac
Captain
Captain

Re: Zeke Suspension

Postby Reljac » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:18 am

_yeti wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:44 am Similarly, the NFL has dug themselves into such a deep hole on the idea that they punish players for crimes with the fans who incorrectly THINK the NFL should be the morality police.
Most professions have ethics rules and you WILL lose your right to practice your profession if you violate them. They include Marijuana use, DUI, domestic violence, bad credit. These people lost a decade spent learning their trade, the same decade the NFLers made $100+million.

If anything the NFL is EXTREMELY leniant, in that it is very difficult to ever lose your right to play without a multitude of crimes or instances. A doctor or cop accused of wrongdoing would immediately be put on leave WITHOUT a trial. ANY convictions for these individuals and they can lose their job FOREVER.

When was the last time an NFL player was banned from the NFL for life for a single conviction of DUI?
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:52 pm

"The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has vacated Ezekiel Elliott's temporary injunction, thereby reinstating his suspension, though Elliott is expected to immediately file a new appeal."

What does this mean, and is Morris a must-add where available now?
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:56 pm

seahawks506 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:52 pm "The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has vacated Ezekiel Elliott's temporary injunction, thereby reinstating his suspension, though Elliott is expected to immediately file a new appeal."

If it's a PPR league, I would rather have McFadden. One of the reasons he's been inactive is supposedly to keep him fresh and Morris is a zero in the passing game so I have McFadden as my handcuff for Zeke.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:59 pm

Ok. Is this suspension official now though? Haven't been following closely, but the commentary suggested he might still have more up his sleeve to avoid it.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:01 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:56 pm
seahawks506 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:52 pm "The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has vacated Ezekiel Elliott's temporary injunction, thereby reinstating his suspension, though Elliott is expected to immediately file a new appeal."

If it's a PPR league, I would rather have McFadden. One of the reasons he's been inactive is supposedly to keep him fresh and Morris is a zero in the passing game so I have McFadden as my handcuff for Zeke.
I feel like Alf is the clear handcuff for Zeke. Don't know how much that's actually worth, but it seems like he's the next man up.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:06 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:01 pm

I feel like Alf is the clear handcuff for Zeke. Don't know how much that's actually worth, but it seems like he's the next man up.
Could potentially be a seasonal league-winner if one of them is the bellcow. If the suspension is official I'd almost see if I could grab both guys since there's a lot of upside here.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:33 pm

seahawks506 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:06 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:01 pm

Could potentially be a seasonal league-winner if one of them is the bellcow. If the suspension is official I'd almost see if I could grab both guys since there's a lot of upside here.
I think a lot of people are picking up ALF because yeah, he's been the backup but he will not play hardly any 3rd downs, McFadden is better in blitz-pickups and a way better receiver out of the backfield. I only play in PPR leagues, so I would rather own McFadden but Morris will no doubt have plenty of value if this holds up because of goal-line usage plus he will get a lot of 1st/2nd down work. Safe bet, probably pick-up Morris, for me, I've scooped up McFadden in a bunch of leagues.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:39 pm

seahawks506 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:59 pm Ok. Is this suspension official now though? Haven't been following closely, but the commentary suggested he might still have more up his sleeve to avoid it.
Schefter said that Zeke can refile and start the process over in New York.

This whole saga just needs to end. If you're Zeke and you know you did it, then own up to it and serve the suspension. Otherwise, you are costing your team future games when they'll be chasing a playoff spot. If he would've served the initial suspension, he would only have 1 game left to serve.

If not, then keep fighting it because then it's an injustice.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:26 pm

So how many times can he file an appeal? This seems like a never ending circle.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:32 pm

IBall2 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:26 pm So how many times can he file an appeal? This seems like a never ending circle.
In Canadian court it moves up the hierarchy of courts until it cant go any higher then it is final say I believe. American I don't know, might be something similar.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:49 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:32 pm
IBall2 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:26 pm So how many times can he file an appeal? This seems like a never ending circle.
In Canadian court it moves up the hierarchy of courts until it cant go any higher then it is final say I believe. American I don't know, might be something similar.
Pretty much the same.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:56 pm

Id rather he just serve it now and be back for fantasy playoffs. No need to worry then or have looming next year
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:07 pm

DJB wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:56 pm Id rather he just serve it now and be back for fantasy playoffs. No need to worry then or have looming next year
I'm hoping it keeps getting appealed until no longer approved and it's served weeks 11-17 :twisted:
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:20 pm

He will probably have to serve it at some point due to the bad deal that the players agreed upon in the last bargaining deal. I would fight it if I didn't do it though, with the NFL talking banishment for domestic violence cases, I wouldn't just accept it, no way.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:51 am

Slackalacker wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:07 pm
DJB wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:56 pm Id rather he just serve it now and be back for fantasy playoffs. No need to worry then or have looming next year
I'm hoping it keeps getting appealed until no longer approved and it's served weeks 11-17 :twisted:
Says the guy who has no shares of Zeke. Lol
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland