Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Missile
Captain
Captain

Re: Zeke Suspension

Postby Missile » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:09 pm

CK_ wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:36 pm
thebeast wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:48 pm So let me get this straight. The NFL who is printing money felt they needed to look good to the public. So, they decided that ruining the reputation of one of their young stars was the perfect plan. And to stop the conversation around CTE they decided to do a long investigation, suspend the kid for 6 games, and literally state that they believe he physically abused the girl publicly. This is brilliant as I am sure no one is thinking about CTE anymore, or ever again, and Zekes reputation will bounce right back from being a woman beater. I think all this is highly unlikely and it would be beyond deplorable. If you however actually believe that this is what is happening then shame on you for supporting the NFL in anyway as it means you are basically ok with these types of things.

Pretty horrendous breakdown of what was said honestly.

Seems heavily biased and as if someone is seeing red.

Be more open minded.
Honestly, it's pretty accurate to me based on some of yeti's responses to a couple my posts.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:52 pm

Does anyone else feel Mcfadden looks stiff and slow? Could Morris or Smith be the better pickups?

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:54 pm

osubuckeyeman wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:52 pm Does anyone else feel Mcfadden looks stiff and slow? Could Morris or Smith be the better pickups?
I do think McFadden looks like that but he always has a weird running style. I think he and Morris will rotate some of 1st & 2nd down but McFadden is a much better pass receiver so he'll get a lot of the 3rd down work because we don't have anyone else who can do that, because Dunbar left to for the Rams.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:47 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/documents- ... tml?exp=vv
"Documents: Ezekiel Elliott's accuser admitted to talk of leveraging sex videos of herself and RB for money

[. . .] investigators noted a September 2016 text message exchange between Thompson and a friend, in which Thompson raised the idea of selling sex videos of herself and Elliott. During the conversation, Thompson’s friend suggested, “we could black mail him w[ith] that,” to which Thompson responded, “I want to bro.” The NFL’s report also stated that Thompson admitted registering an email address titled “ezekielelliott sex vids” in August 2016.

In addition, a text message with her friend [name withheld by Yahoo] was recovered that showed them talking about their need to make more money and Ms. Thompson raised the idea of selling the sex tapes she had of herself and Mr. Elliott. Her friend [name withheld] said they should blackmail Mr. Elliott with them, they’d be “millionaires”. Ms. Thompson replied that she’d like to but was scared. When Ms. Thompson was asked about this by the League’s investigators, she stated that she did have sex tapes of her and Mr. Elliott on her phone and she did open the email account but she denied doing so to blackmail Mr. Elliott.”

[Thompson]: What if I sold mine and Ezekiel’s sex videos

[Friend]: We’d all be millionaires

[Friend]: We could black mail him w that

[Thompson]: I want to bro

[Friend]: Let’s do it

[Thompson]: Scared

[Friend]: Sh*t

[Friend]: Id be like look give me 10k or I’ll just sell our sex videos for the same amount flat

[Friend]: Me and my friends tryna go on vacation and get boob jobs

(the report notes a pair of blank texts)

[Thompson]: 10k Bitch I want 20k

[Thompson]: Go big or go home

[Friend]: That’s fine too

[Friend]: Like what
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:37 pm

So, uh, do all the diehard league defenders who labeled me some conspiracy theorist for knowing the league constantly has ulterior motives around their suspension PR moves, do those guys have any comment on this new development with Thompson discussing blackmailing Zeke?

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:47 pm

_yeti wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:37 pm any comment on this new development with Thompson discussing blackmailing Zeke?
her friend seems to not have a good grasp of math.

for instance, the number of sex vids at $10k it would take for even only two people to become millionaires.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Goirish374 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:47 pm
_yeti wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:37 pm any comment on this new development with Thompson discussing blackmailing Zeke?
her friend seems to not have a good grasp of math.

for instance, the number of sex vids at $10k it would take for even only two people to become millionaires.
:lol: her price sure dropped quick didn't it? Not the brightest bulbs. Also, when discussing planning what amounts to a felony, blackmailing one of the most famous athletes in the country, probably better not to leave an electronic record of you conspiring to do it.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:29 pm

_yeti wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:37 pm So, uh, do all the diehard league defenders who labeled me some conspiracy theorist for knowing the league constantly has ulterior motives around their suspension PR moves, do those guys have any comment on this new development with Thompson discussing blackmailing Zeke?
Thought this was already factored in to the decision making process? League was aware of the blackmail texts and the "I'll ruin your career" threats. That this wasn't new news, only that the specific details are now available for public consumption.

I don't think Zeke has flat out denied that he laid hands on her or explicitly said she's lying has he?

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:50 am

onetwothree wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:29 pm
_yeti wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:37 pm So, uh, do all the diehard league defenders who labeled me some conspiracy theorist for knowing the league constantly has ulterior motives around their suspension PR moves, do those guys have any comment on this new development with Thompson discussing blackmailing Zeke?
Thought this was already factored in to the decision making process? League was aware of the blackmail texts and the "I'll ruin your career" threats. That this wasn't new news, only that the specific details are now available for public consumption.

I don't think Zeke has flat out denied that he laid hands on her or explicitly said she's lying has he?

Quite awhile ago... doubt it was factored into the decision making process. She has been called for lying multiple times.... Roger Goodell is out for blood. Too many signs point to he didn't do anything. And they are way too inclined to believe someone that is a darn liar. Why was this even a case!? This was before he was a Cowboy.... go dig up Dalvin Cooks Or Dede Westbrook dirt. Or you know what Joe Mixon hasn't been through the ringer enough go hit up him.....

Here's an article on his denial.. https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas ... c-violence
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:23 am

https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2 ... nd-choked/

I haven't read the 77 page police report, but interesting read by a different view point.

I am not sure what happened, but I do now that while Thompson doesn't sound like a very good person, it doesn't mean Elliott did not beat her.

Either way, if he did or did not do it, the NFL will do whatever they want, which is why a new CBA is needed.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:17 pm

I see VERY LITTLE evidence he did anything, the only evidence I have heard about is pictures of bruises, which could come from anywhere and her story of what happened. I can cover my whole body in bruises in my own home right now very easily and without much pain. The thing about "not being a good person" but still could have been a victim is true. It just REALLY hurts your credibility that when the "not being a good person" comes from the fact that you were talking about plotting to set him up and there isn't any evidence that proves that isn't exactly what this is.

The league thinks that by being "super tough" and going over the top on one of the biggest stars that they can erase all the small punishments for people who actually were adjudicated to have committed offenses (Rice, Hill, AP, so many others). The NFL's morality court is and has always been a joke that is chasing public opinion. Thankfully we live in a country where you cannot be thrown in jail with such an absence of evidence or we would all be one angry/jealous person away from prison.

I can't say for sure that he is innocent, all I can say is this is basically setting the precedent where anyone accused is going to have an almost impossible time convincing the league or public they are innocent based on this standard. It is basically guilty once accused, end of story. That is un-American. In America we are innocent until proven guilty to avoid back room sentences with ulterior motives. Our justice system was founded on being the opposite of processes such as this.

KREsketch
Rookie
Rookie

Postby KREsketch » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:17 pm

Man I was super excited yesterday. Got a trade offer and accepted. Hope that the suspension gets reduced.

Give: Mixon, T. Montgomery
Get: Zeke, K. White

Not sure what Zeke's value is right now, but it seemed like a no-brainer. Not sure what other trades you guys have been seeing out there.
12 Team Contract League - PPR
QB: D. Brees; C. Wentz; P. Mahomes
RB: E. Elliott; M. Ingram; A. Kamara; M. Lynch; B. Powell; T. Cohen
WR: A. Cooper; M. Thomas; M. Bryant; R. Woods; J. Crowder; T. Pryor; T. Williams; T. Boyd;
TE: J. Reed; E. Engram; A. Hooper; J. Cook; D. Allen
DL: J. Pierre-Paul; M. Garrett
LB: D. Lee; J. Davis; T.J. Watt
DB: K. Neal; K. Chancellor;

psu007
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby psu007 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:28 pm

KREsketch wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:17 pm Man I was super excited yesterday. Got a trade offer and accepted. Hope that the suspension gets reduced.

Give: Mixon, T. Montgomery
Get: Zeke, K. White

Not sure what Zeke's value is right now, but it seemed like a no-brainer. Not sure what other trades you guys have been seeing out there.
You robbed that owner blind.
Team 1 - 12 Team, PPR, All 6TD

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, K, D

QB - Cousins, Luck, Mayfield
RB - Elliot, Thompson, McKinnon, Penny, Michel, Miller, E.McGuire, Foreman, Ekeler
WR - OBJ, Robinson, K.Allen, C.Davis, Allsion, M.Bryant, C.Coleman, Moncrief, P.Richardson, Chark
TE - Reed, Gathers, Shaheen, Seals-Jones
K - Jake Elliott
D - NE, MIA
Picks - 2019: 3-5

Team 2 - 12 Team, SF 0.5 PPR, 4/6TD

1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1SF, 1FLEX, 1TE

QB - Cousins, Goff, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jackson
RB - Gurley, Ingram, Coleman, Clement, Booker, Rawls, Samuels
WR - Hilton, Fuller, Moore, Byrant, Locket, Moncrief, Rogers, Miller, St.Brown,
TE - Gesicki, Clay, McDonald, Andrews
Picks - 2019: 1,2,3x2,4

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:33 pm

_yeti wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:17 pm I see VERY LITTLE evidence he did anything, the only evidence I have heard about is pictures of bruises, which could come from anywhere and her story of what happened. I can cover my whole body in bruises in my own home right now very easily and without much pain. The thing about "not being a good person" but still could have been a victim is true. It just REALLY hurts your credibility that when the "not being a good person" comes from the fact that you were talking about plotting to set him up and there isn't any evidence that proves that isn't exactly what this is.

The league thinks that by being "super tough" and going over the top on one of the biggest stars that they can erase all the small punishments for people who actually were adjudicated to have committed offenses (Rice, Hill, AP, so many others). The NFL's morality court is and has always been a joke that is chasing public opinion. Thankfully we live in a country where you cannot be thrown in jail with such an absence of evidence or we would all be one angry/jealous person away from prison.

I can't say for sure that he is innocent, all I can say is this is basically setting the precedent where anyone accused is going to have an almost impossible time convincing the league or public they are innocent based on this standard. It is basically guilty once accused, end of story. That is un-American. In America we are innocent until proven guilty to avoid back room sentences with ulterior motives. Our justice system was founded on being the opposite of processes such as this.
I won't take a hard stance on who's side I take on this one. Choosing between a baby-drinking bar skank and an idiot entertainer with obvious immaturity and character issues seems like I am damned if I do regardless. I will say the bruises have more of a chance coming from herself than they do from some bar fight though or from him. Though that would seem like I would be leaning more towards the Ewok on this one, but my gut would say that he probably smacked her around a little, whether it was provoked or not (judging from her character) is another story. Either way, the bar fight was a poor defense no matter how you swing it, I have seen many a bar fight between chicks and it is not exactly MMA style. It's a shame they broke up, they seem like a match made in heaven.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:59 pm

I have not been a fan of Goodell's handling of punishment in the past, however the league did not rush to judgement on this case. It at least seems the league tried to do a thorough invesitgation. With that said, the more I learn about the woman involved in this case, the more I doubt Zeke long term as a fantasy asset. Zeke clearly has no commmon sense and may possibly have some deeper issues. He has been involved in a series of incidents that are not coincidental. He may be fine going forward, but I also would not be surprised if he is involved in in another incident and gets suspended for a year(or longer).