Gorilla Shark High Five Co-Dynasty League - Draft Tidbits

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ADrunkenCaveman
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Gorilla Shark High Five Co-Dynasty League - Draft Tidbits

Postby ADrunkenCaveman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:01 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:07 am
Kcarr wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:30 pm Honestly I don't know what was more odd to me, the Dak move or stacking Mariota and Winston. Also wentz went 7.09 which I felt was really good value by comparison
By itself the Wentz pick would be good value but the team that took him had taken Brees nine picks prior

With Brees locked in as a QB1 for the next 2-3 years they could've waited longer to take a younger guy like Dalton/Trubisky/Watson who have as much upside as Wentz does if not more (Dalton has already proven to be a top 10+ QB when the stars align), but can be had later in the draft, and used the 7.09 to get some youth at RB or at WR where they don't have a clear WR3 already, especially given that Cobb, Fuller, Maclin, Mike Williams and Tyrell Williams went within the next round (or D'onta Foreman to backup Miller)

Love the upside of Wentz especially with a revamped WR corps (especially if Agholor actually pans out) but the team that took him had greater needs elsewhere and it's kind of biting them in the bleep right now given the need to start at least 3 WRs
also how could you call our WRs weak when your RB/WR/QB are all weaknesses for you?
Attachments
Joint League.JPG
Joint League.JPG (41.28 KiB) Viewed 531 times
17-2
The Wookies
12 team PPR League
S: 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF

QBs: Brady, Flacco
RBs: Zeke, D Murray, McKinnon, Powell
WRs: Hopkins, Cooks, J Nelson, Baldwin, R Matthews, Quick
TEs: Reed, Rudolph, Davis
K: Dawson
DEF: CAR, BAL

9-1
Tune Squad
16 team .5PPR League
S: 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Wilson, Keenum, Flacco
RBs: McCoy, Howard, McKinnon, B Allen, Woodhead
WRs: Evans, Julio, Tate, Smith
TEs: Rudolph, Clay

8-2
Midwest Folks
Co-Owner: pierson242
16 team .5PPR Full IDP League
S: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Brees, Wentz, Beathard
RBs: Murray, Miller, Ingram, Gore, Riddick
WRs: AB, Hilton, Dez, Tate, Lafell, Inman, Rodgers, Kearse
TEs: Rudolph, Davis, Watson
DTs: Short, McCoy, Lotulelei, Allen, Sims
DEs: Dunlap, Hicks, Wolf, Robison
LBs: Kirksey, Williams, Foster, Hicks, Perryman, Posluszny, Alexander, Walker, Morgan
CBs: Alford, Slay, Harris, Waynes, Randall, Bradberry, Trufant
Ss: Vaccaro, Mathieu, Church, Evans, Sendejo

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:05 am

Glad to see another league chat make its way to the main forum. Bring back the HOF chat while we're at it!

Dak at #2 is a shocker. Takes a significant leap of faith to pull that trigger. Why not trade down though if he's your guy? Surely there was a few QB buffer before you'd be concerned, no? Seems like lost value.

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:55 am

ADrunkenCaveman wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:01 am
Kcarr wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:30 pm Honestly I don't know what was more odd to me, the Dak move or stacking Mariota and Winston. Also wentz went 7.09 which I felt was really good value by comparison
By itself the Wentz pick would be good value but the team that took him had taken Brees nine picks prior

With Brees locked in as a QB1 for the next 2-3 years they could've waited longer to take a younger guy like Dalton/Trubisky/Watson who have as much upside as Wentz does if not more (Dalton has already proven to be a top 10+ QB when the stars align), but can be had later in the draft, and used the 7.09 to get some youth at RB or at WR where they don't have a clear WR3 already, especially given that Cobb, Fuller, Maclin, Mike Williams and Tyrell Williams went within the next round (or D'onta Foreman to backup Miller)

Love the upside of Wentz especially with a revamped WR corps (especially if Agholor actually pans out) but the team that took him had greater needs elsewhere and it's kind of biting them in the bleep right now given the need to start at least 3 WRs
also how could you call our WRs weak when your RB/WR/QB are all weaknesses for you?
While we dont have an ab/hilton level pair at WR i feel amari will continue to grow to that stud tier and Snead and brown are strong as wr2/3, not as strong as hilton but could produce significantly above lee to where the combo is a wash in comparison. As our 4th and 5th wr I feel pretty good with Jones and plugging in from the masses. Also our TE could certainly help fill the void at flex with gronk, graham, and clay.

At running back I like the cmac pick to provide us a high scoring option. Cj has been a solid rb1/2 when healthy. Rob kelly will lilely be the starter in washijgton despite the perine hype and is a safe enough player he won't do anything to outright lose the job. Gio gives us a pass catcher with some upside.

I wouldn't call that group significantly weaker than a back whose off-season hype was the coach saying they need to get him less involved before they went out and drafted a backup/replacement with a significant pick. An aging back with a young highly drafted guy behind him who the coaches say they want to get more involved. A back who the team spent money in free agency on a vet and then spent a 2nd round pick on a rookie to add competition, a pass catcher with a young 2nd rounder coming in being called the feature back. And a very old back in an offense where the qb could miss time and who knows when he will fall off a cliff.

The only position a call a clear across the board win for you is qb. I think our backs are better but could see either side of it. I think your top 2 wrs are better than ours but I think if we instead zoom in on 2/3 ours could be as good and getting down Into the flex we could be in a better spot
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:58 pm

ADrunkenCaveman wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:58 am
Kcarr wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:17 am I would agree with James here at least to some extent. I don't think they would be looking to trade out here but I think where this move makes sense is they have a top qb now to help them win right away and so long as wentz maintains expectations as a serviceable starter he is worth well more than this pick.

In a league this deep if you don't have a serviceable qb you won't win much. On top of that during the startup is the cheapest time to acquire a serviceable qb as you won't find one on waivers with a bunch of backups being rostered. This will create a situation where anyone selling a qb will have several buyers willing to pay as there are not enough to go around. Therefore if you don't have something steady at qb you are forced to either spend draft picks on one or overpay buying an established one. That means if you can lock up at least one startavle long term solution that is worth a lot more than those wrs and rbs mentioned meaning if wentz is that he was a great value
This was exactly the reason we took Brees and Wentz..

With our Wrs being "weak" by the other owners opinion.. We have AB and Hilton in a 16 teamer to go along with Lee, Thielen, and Lafell.. One thing the guy who called our WR situation weak is that you can start up to 5 in this 16 teamer league and we have the following: Miller, Murray, Ingram, Riddick, and Gore.

With this also being a .5 ppr league you will be surprised with the difference in scoring. I am currently in 3 16 teamers that have .5ppr scoring and RBs are KING (most 16 teamers are this way) and you can't trade for one to save your life. I would gladly give up our 2018 1st to get a servicable WR3 to go with AB and Hilton. AB and Hilton will make our WR3 position far less worrisome simply because getting AB at the 5th pick and Hilton at the 24th pick is crazy value especially considering who went ahead of Hilton. AB I can see people going younger, but after we drafted him we went into a full win NOW mode hence getting Murray and Gore at the big value they were at as well.
First off, never said your WRs were weak, I said that there wasn't a clear WR3 on your team, which is true since you guys are already talking about starting Lee or Thielen or Lafell, it's a trade off of taking Wentz/Thielen/Lee vs. taking Maclin/Lee/Mahomes

You've got some more stability at QB and less at WR, which is fine, but you're deciding between several guys who aren't even at the top of their teams' depth charts, Thielen is the 3rd receiving option behind Diggs and Rudolph in a run-first scheme, Lee is the 3rd receiving option behind Hurns and Robinson in what is becoming a run-first scheme, Lafell is the 4th or 5th receiving option behind Green, Eifert, Ross and Mixon/Bernard, I'm just saying you could've had the guy who is projected to be the #1 WR and a target hog for Baltimore this year (especially with Perriman nursing an injury now) and still had plenty of youth and upside at your QB2 position and overall I think your team would have looked better with 3 definitive starters and a guy like Thielen to fall back on as a bye week guy/flex play

Also yes Maclin is getting older but at the end of this season Thielen and Lee will be 26, Maclin will be 29 and Lafell will be 30, 3 years for a WR doesn't mean much with guys playing into their mid 30s nowadays, especially when they're topping their teams depth chart and should see plenty of volume in a .5PPR league
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:01 pm

ADrunkenCaveman wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:01 am

Easy, I didn't.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:20 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:02 pm not just the #2 QB off the board but with the 3.02 as well, taken ahead of guys like Landry, Gronk, Kelce, Diggs, etc.

we got way better value out of Tyrod as the QB15 when he was the QB8 last year in ESPN standard scoring playing in 15 games vs. Dak's QB6, sure it's dynasty and Dak is younger but Tyrod isn't even 30 yet and offers just as much in terms of rushing ability
Yeah I would have been happy with him, but drafting in the middle was one of the stupidist moves I have made in dynasty. I was at the tail end of every run and could not wait on anything. I would say 8 out of every 10 picks was not there when I drafted so I panicked and took Stafford when he and Tyrod were all that was left that was under 35 years old and rated above 15th.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:41 am

Regarding quarterbacks: Usually on this forum everybody pooh poohs the importance of qb, but I can see that philosophy went completely out the window when it comes to personal team draft choices. I am much higher on the importance of qb than most, but I was surprised at how quickly they started coming off the board and shocked at when the second tier went, literally in the rounds immediately following where the top half was taken.

I cant speak for how other gms feel, but I can tell you our team will not deconstruct itself for a back up qb should Stafford go down. I get the idea that its 16 teams so getting a good one under 30 is highly important, but I dont see the value in giving up a solid young WR3 for a back up qb that plays one game a year for you.

The price of something is only what somebody else is willing to pay, not what you want to sell it for. In a 16 team league getting what a gm thinks is "fair value" for Winston or Mariotta is going to be very difficult because no team is going to be so super stacked at one position that they will feel they can give up that asset(s) for a qb, especially if it is going to be their back up qb.

Say Stafford (my guy) goes down this year. Am I happy about it, no. Am I screwed, yes, but only this year and I will be getting a top draft pick in a year where 5 legitimate qbs will go in the first round. So, do I destroy my team to get a qb or just ride out this season and make hay in the draft next year. Not a tough choice for us. We dont have fans to answer to. We will take our 2017 beating and then be dishing them out big time next year and add Barkley, Sutton or Rosen in the process.

Time will bear out who is right and wrong or to what degree, but I think the value of back up qbs has misjudged by a lot of guys.

btw, my team is the Olympia Lebowskis
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:48 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:41 am Regarding quarterbacks: Usually on this forum everybody pooh poohs the importance of qb, but I can see that philosophy went completely out the window when it comes to personal team draft choices. I am much higher on the importance of qb than most, but I was surprised at how quickly they started coming off the board and shocked at when the second tier went, literally in the rounds immediately following where the top half was taken.

I cant speak for how other gms feel, but I can tell you our team will not deconstruct itself for a back up qb should Stafford go down. I get the idea that its 16 teams so getting a good one under 30 is highly important, but I dont see the value in giving up a solid young WR3 for a back up qb that plays one game a year for you.

The price of something is only what somebody else is willing to pay, not what you want to sell it for. In a 16 team league getting what a gm thinks is "fair value" for Winston or Mariotta is going to be very difficult because no team is going to be so super stacked at one position that they will feel they can give up that asset(s) for a qb, especially if it is going to be their back up qb.

Say Stafford (my guy) goes down this year. Am I happy about it, no. Am I screwed, yes, but only this year and I will be getting a top draft pick in a year where 5 legitimate qbs will go in the first round. So, do I destroy my team to get a qb or just ride out this season and make hay in the draft next year. Not a tough choice for us. We dont have fans to answer to. We will take our 2017 beating and then be dishing them out big time next year and add Barkley, Sutton or Rosen in the process.

Time will bear out who is right and wrong or to what degree, but I think the value of back up qbs has misjudged by a lot of guys.

btw, my team is the Olympia Lebowskis
I agree with a lot of what you said here, deconstructing your roster for a backup qb is never a good idea which may make a 2nd qb tough to sell. They are equally tough to acquire though so if your team has a perceived closing window that puts teams in a tough spot though that is often a factor of poor choices too.

Now the point I will contend you on is the whole, I can always draft a rookie qb from this great class next year" thing. First, rookie and are notoriously bust prone and 2nd how often have we heard about how great the next year's qbs will be? Last year it was why take a chance on Goff or wentz because watson will be there next year and way better. A couple years ago people were talking down wentz and Mariota because Connor cook and whoever else were going to be so much better the next year. Before that you were supposed to wait because Winston and Mariota were coming out the next year. Sometimes these guys end up being good, sometimes not, but projecting qbs after their last year of college is tough, before is nearly impossible and yet it seems we see people try every year
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 am

FYI, We are now The DLF Forum Co-Dynasty League.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:00 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 am FYI, We are now The DLF Forum Co-Dynasty League.
NEW THREAD NEEDED! POST DRAFT LEAGUE HYPE LOL
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:10 am

Lol
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:31 pm

Coogan Football wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:59 am It's from this new league:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134730&p=1177657#p1177657
Just curious why tag team partners where picked for this league? Not something I'd want, curious if it was difficult finding people who would want to do that?

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:46 pm

Dingram wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:31 pm

Just curious why tag team partners where picked for this league? Not something I'd want, curious if it was difficult finding people who would want to do that?
Think it took like 2 weeks or so to find 32 people for it, didn't seem overly difficult

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:52 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:46 pm

Think it took like 2 weeks or so to find 32 people for it, didn't seem overly difficult
I had fun during the draft having to consult my co-owner and ended up having some great football discussions.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:48 am

We all have eleventy other dynasties we play in that we are the lone manager. The whole concept was do do something different. This seemed like a fun idea and focusing on one side of the ball and two sets of eyes makes it a completely different dynamic than all of our other leagues.

-Booger McFarlland