Elijah Hood
14%

Total votes: 44

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

OAK RBs Discussion

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:07 am

Let's put aside Marshawn Lynch for a moment. Whether or not you believe in Lynch, let's say that he is out for the season. Which OAK RB would you want on your roster in that scenario? Is it a committee, or does someone win more than 70% of the offensive snaps? Also, how do you value each player in terms of rookie picks?

I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on the OAK backfield outside of Lynch because I've watched a bit of both Richard and Washington, and I'm not sure what to think. They both seem talented enough to produce behind that OAK offensive line, and both RBs seem to be decent at catching the ball. I also know very little about Hood, so please explain the hype surrounding him if you're a Hood truther.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: OAK RBs Discussion

Postby ericanadian » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:44 pm

I feel like, even including Lynch, this is going to be an RBBC. All the guys are reasonably talented and it reminds me of the Saints RBs from a while back with Thomas, Ingram, Ivory and then Robinson and Cadet. They'll use them all, with some guys being situational and others just getting shift in here and there is my guess. They've really put a lot of effort into building depth in that backfield and I expect them to use it.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:00 pm

I'm surprised by the poll results.
If I'm looking at the RB depth and trying to find a big back to replace what Marshawn bring them, that is Elijah Hood.
DeAndre Washington is like a Danny Woodhead type of guy IMO that can catch passes and be elctric, will run tough as nails in between the tackles, but isn't able to carry it 15+ times week in week out.
Richard to me is just a guy.
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Novacane » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:35 pm

First, I think there is value in all 3. What we are really talking about here is expected value based on a combination of probability and upside. Kind of like a poker hand. I think much of this will depend on what type of team you like to build and where your team is on the path to building. To me, Washington is the safest play with Rishars being more of a swing for the fences play. Hood is probably the best value being undrafted in a lot of rookie drafts but all things being equal, I would rather the other two. In most cases, I am looking to swing for the fences as long as my roster is strong enough.
Team 1

12 Team .2 PPR (1 PPR after 5 rec), salary cap.

1QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-3 TE.

QB: Eli, Wentz, Romo
RB: DJ, Freeman, Hyde, Coleman, Mathews
WR: OBJ, ARob, Watkins, Moncrief, White, Gordon, Hogan, Woods
TE: Gronk, Ebron

2017 Picks: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2

12 team .2 PPR (full point after 5 receptions), salary cap. 1QB, 0-3RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE.

QB: Wilson,
RB: Drake, Marshall
WR: OBJ, Alshon, TY Hilton, Jordy Nelson, Benjamin, Parker, Doctson, John Brown, Shepard
TE: Eifert, Ebron,

2017 Picks: 1.06, 1.10, 2.06, 3.01, 3.10

Team 3 (3rd Year Orphan)

12 team .2 PPR (full point after 5 receptions), salary cap. 1QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-3 TE.

QB: Brees, Kaep
RB: DJ, Forte, Dion Lewis, White, Drake, Ellington
WR: OBJ, Matthews, John Brown, Fuller, Parker, White, Lockett, Treadwell, Hogan, Sharpe
TE: Brate, Ladarius, Kendricks

2017 Picks: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:25 pm

None of the above. They know these guys are not starters, that's why then went after Lynch. If Lynch goes down they will replace him with a free agent.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:26 am

Tsunami wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:25 pm None of the above. They know these guys are not starters, that's why then went after Lynch. If Lynch goes down they will replace him with a free agent.
No way, Richard and Washington saw good touches even last year with Murray. Not saying their the long term solution but they will see valuable touches if lynch goes down
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF