The Mike Williams Thread: Finally turned the corner?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: MIke Williams long term

Postby spotxc » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:48 pm

Please no Kevin white/ josh Doctson experience again

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:13 pm

Another year, another 1st round WR on the shelf. Perriman/White/Doctson, hell even Treadwell. Now Williams.

My condolences to those who spent a high pick on Williams.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:19 pm

I think there is a heavy bit of recency bias going on with MW. Just because White and Perriman (2 very raw WRs coming in) had stunted development due to missing their rookie year doesn't mean every WR that misses their rookie year will not pan out. There is still plenty of hope for Doctson, and all indications are that Williams will recover if he has to have surgery, which isn't even decided yet.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Mike Williams = Superstar

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:41 pm

Just got him in my main league at pick #23, traded my 1st next year but it was worth it. I get that it's a 20 team super flex and we start 2 TE's but even if you add the top 3 TE's and top 3 QB's plus Fournette, Cook, Mixon, Davis, and McCaffery that still only equals 11 players, so there is no way he should have made it past the top 15. Hopefully he can get on the field and make a little noise, next year he'll definitely be worth more then the draft capital I gave up. Either way I don't need him this year and will just toss him on my Practice Squad.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:47 pm

jtd1387 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:19 pm I think there is a heavy bit of recency bias going on with MW. Just because White and Perriman (2 very raw WRs coming in) had stunted development due to missing their rookie year doesn't mean every WR that misses their rookie year will not pan out. There is still plenty of hope for Doctson, and all indications are that Williams will recover if he has to have surgery, which isn't even decided yet.
Considering it's a very real possibility that he can miss all of 2015 & 2017 in terms of his recent play I would be weary. A Neck Fracture and now a herniated disc in his back. Signs currently point towards injury prone.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:04 pm

There is no such thing as injury prone, it is a violent sport these men play and injuries can happen to anyone at anytime.
12 Team 1QB PPR

RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:21 pm

Never Veto wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:41 pm Just got him in my main league at pick #23, traded my 1st next year but it was worth it. I get that it's a 20 team super flex and we start 2 TE's but even if you add the top 3 TE's and top 3 QB's plus Fournette, Cook, Mixon, Davis, and McCaffery that still only equals 11 players, so there is no way he should have made it past the top 15. Hopefully he can get on the field and make a little noise, next year he'll definitely be worth more then the draft capital I gave up. Either way I don't need him this year and will just toss him on my Practice Squad.
The list of players selected before him will probably make me throw up lol

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:19 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:21 pm
Never Veto wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:41 pm Just got him in my main league at pick #23, traded my 1st next year but it was worth it. I get that it's a 20 team super flex and we start 2 TE's but even if you add the top 3 TE's and top 3 QB's plus Fournette, Cook, Mixon, Davis, and McCaffery that still only equals 11 players, so there is no way he should have made it past the top 15. Hopefully he can get on the field and make a little noise, next year he'll definitely be worth more then the draft capital I gave up. Either way I don't need him this year and will just toss him on my Practice Squad.
The list of players selected before him will probably make me throw up lol
The only major question marks are Joe Williams, Jamaal Williams, and Alvin Kamari, well and Lynch. The rest can be reasonably defended.
12 Team 1QB PPR

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:34 am

Never Veto wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:04 pm There is no such thing as injury prone, it is a violent sport these men play and injuries can happen to anyone at anytime.
Not sure what you are getting at.... Certain types of injuries are trigger repeat injuries. See Arian Foster & Sammy Watkins or ieven Ken Griffey Jr. in baseball if you are unsure on that one (especially soft tissue leg injuries).

Some injuries also cause a change in gate or posture that can further trigger other injuries.

Concussions, once had make it easier to get subsequent concussions.

Plenty of ways injury proneness can form.
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:37 am

Reljac wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:34 am
Never Veto wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:04 pm There is no such thing as injury prone, it is a violent sport these men play and injuries can happen to anyone at anytime.
Not sure what you are getting at.... Certain types of injuries are trigger repeat injuries. See Arian Foster & Sammy Watkins or ieven Ken Griffey Jr. in baseball if you are unsure on that one (especially soft tissue leg injuries).

Some injuries also cause a change in gate or posture that can further trigger other injuries.

Concussions, once had make it easier to get subsequent concussions.

Plenty of ways injury proneness can form.
My point is anyone can get injured on any play, many are even severely injured without even being touched.
12 Team 1QB PPR

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:15 am

Never Veto wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:37 am My point is anyone can get injured on any play, many are even severely injured without even being touched.
No one would argue that point. However, you didn't say that, you said "There is no such thing as injury prone"

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:46 am

Reljac wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:15 am
Never Veto wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:37 am My point is anyone can get injured on any play, many are even severely injured without even being touched.
No one would argue that point. However, you didn't say that, you said "There is no such thing as injury prone"
Yeah like, that's my opinion man
12 Team 1QB PPR

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:53 am

I like the talent and if I can land him at the end of the 1st because people are worried about him, I'll be happy. There's always the risk and i acknowledge that, but at the end of round 1 we're taking stabs at guys with multiple risks anyway.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:12 pm

The back issue is something none of us are going to get clarity on because back issues are different for different people. Some people rest and rehab and make the back stronger if need be and they are fine. Others are never really over it with or without surgery. Going to be a wait and see situation. The neck injury is a freak thing and he should have no issues going forward with the neck. I'm no expert or a doctor I just play one on message boards. I'm just relaying what I dug up on the back and neck(medical sites mainly). The first course most people choose is to rest and rehab. Surgery normally is not the course of action most people choose going out the gate. Though I'm sure there is a timeline set for making a decision on surgery. If you are going to need it as a player(or civilian) tomorrow is better than 2 months from now.

Patience and rest, for the time being, is all we can hope for and honestly maybe shutting him down for the season might be the best thing. Why make matters worse? The long play is the way to go. I also do not buy the Chargers saying they think he might not need surgery. I think they have no idea and are just throwing out postive spin.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Reljac wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:15 am
Injury prone assumes a guy is more likely to be injured in the future because they have had a higher propensity for injury up to this point. I agree with Never Veto that it is bunk.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...