Training Camp Superstars

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: Training Camp Superstars

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:22 pm

Taywan Taylor is getting a lot of love at training camp. Lots of good comments from coaches and beat writers, and he has gotten some 1st team snaps in the slot. Mularky said Decker has been coaching him a lot, as well.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:34 am

Warner= Right place, Right time, Right coach

McKinnon= Wrong place, Wrong time, Wrong coach

Vermeil was an out of the box, take a chance kinda guy. Easily could've went after an established QB and no one would've blamed him. Instead he took a huge risk and believed in his guy.

Zimmer is the exact opposite. Plays everything close to the vest. Defensive minded and would rather take the sure two yards with Asiata than gamble on committing to a home run threat that might bust and leave his precious defense in a bad position.

Last year it didn't matter as even AP bombed behind that line. But during the "Big Switch" era McKinnon never really got a run as the full time guy although he always seems to be dinged up when his time came. Still Zimmer isn't the kind of guy to put the game in the hands of the offense. Prefers a dunk & dunk , low risk attack.

kingnesta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby kingnesta » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:19 pm

Love how this was a great topic on training camp superstars and darlings for the first page and then it became a discussion on why McKinnon is good or isn't good. Can we try to keep topics on point to reports from camps and try to keep personal opinions on why the report on a certain player is incorrect?
12 team-PPR-49 man roster IDP 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex(rb/wr/te), K, 1 DT, 1 DE, 2 LB, 1 DB, 1 Flex (DL,LB,DB)
QB - Ryan, Winston, McCarron
RB - Hunt, Hyde, CJ Anderson, Dixon, Stewart
WR - Julio Jones, Hopkins, Allen, Jeffrey, Cobb, Moncrief, Floyd, Nelson, Rogers, Godwin
TE - Olsen, Ertz, Doyle, Cook
K - Lutz
DT - McCoy, Linval Joseph
DE - Mario Edwards, Avril, Graham
LB - Kirksey, Alexander, Timmons, Trevathan, McKinney, Minter
DB - Jenkins, Byron Jones

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:26 pm

^^^ what he said. Also McKinnon sucks. He had 3 years with ap out for 2 of them to do anything and didn't.

Stop talking about players who don't matter
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

psfox2010
Captain
Captain

Postby psfox2010 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:33 pm

kingnesta wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:19 pm Love how this was a great topic on training camp superstars and darlings for the first page and then it became a discussion on why McKinnon is good or isn't good. Can we try to keep topics on point to reports from camps and try to keep personal opinions on why the report on a certain player is incorrect?
Well said. Completely agree.
10 team, Full PPR, 27 man roster
2018 Champion, 2020 Champion
QB/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 Flex/Defense/Kicker

QB: Allen, Watson, Fields
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Harris Chubb
WR: Ridley, Cooper, Thielen, M. Thomas, D. Smith, Boyd E. Moore, R. Moore, Reagor, St. Brown
TE: Kelce, Fant, Engram
Defense: Denver
Kicker: Gay

2022: None
2023: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:47 pm

De'Angelo Henderson has gotten some run with the first team after the injury to Booker. Apparently, he is impressing the coaches with it.
Lundy has noticed the performance of running back De’Angelo Henderson so far in camp, and he’s not the only one. Head coach Vance Joseph has not been shy about his praise for Henderson this summer, causing reason to believe that he could maintain a big role throughout camp. Lundy doesn’t believe the Broncos are sold on their current running back situation. If Henderson continues to perform well in camp, he may force his way onto the field.
Link.

motherlode
Role Player
Role Player

Postby motherlode » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:24 am

Brandon Coleman....still only 25, and is a RFA after this season.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... baa11.html
Five days into New Orleans Saints training camp, everybody else is seeing the difference, too.

Coleman, in his fourth NFL season, has stood head and shoulders above everyone else thus far.

Coleman is standing out with his route running, his hands, his speed and his playmaking ability. Simply put, he has been the best player through the first five days of camp, which resumes Wednesday after the team took Tuesday off.
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/20 ... _stoo.html
New Orleans Saints wide receiver Brandon Coleman seems to be running underneath a deep ball or making an impressive play in each practice so far this training camp and the Saints coach has taken notice.

"I thought he’s looked well," Payton said. "I feel like in each practice we’ve seen a couple things. I thought he had a really good slant route today. He got behind the defense he’s had a really good camp. Here we are three or four days in and he’s made a play or two each day."
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... offseason/
Coleman has drawn rave reviews so far in training camp, with backup quarterback Garrett Grayson labeling him the MVP of camp, reports the New Orleans Times-Picayune. Coleman said he gained about 10 pounds this offseason and is now up to about 230 pounds. The fourth-year receiver added the weight before organized team activities and said he feels more explosive with the extra bulk.

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:36 am

Chris Godwin wasting no time:
(from www.pewterreport.com)

Question: I know it’s only been three days of training camp, but is the hype real for rookie wide receiver Chris Godwin?

Answer: Well it is hard to say how he will perform when the lights come on, but from what we have seen, yes it is real. He started to take off in the offseason programs and has just continued to get better. He doesn’t look like a rookie receiver. Which is a dramatic turnaround from his rookie mini-camp where he really struggled. But something happened between that weekend and the OTAs a couple weeks later. His confidence has blossomed and he is putting in the extra work from what we understand. He is hyper focused, including turning us down for the Training Camp Diary feature. He thanked us and appreciated us for thinking of him, but he didn’t want any distractions during camp. We certainly can’t begrudge a guy for that at all. His ceiling is high and the team and front office is excited to see him this preseason continue to develop.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:49 am

MucBuc wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:36 am Chris Godwin wasting no time:

Question: I know it’s only been three days of training camp, but is the hype real for rookie wide receiver Chris Godwin?

Answer: Well it is hard to say how he will perform when the lights come on, but from what we have seen, yes it is real. He started to take off in the offseason programs and has just continued to get better. He doesn’t look like a rookie receiver. Which is a dramatic turnaround from his rookie mini-camp where he really struggled. But something happened between that weekend and the OTAs a couple weeks later. His confidence has blossomed and he is putting in the extra work from what we understand. He is hyper focused, including turning us down for the Training Camp Diary feature. He thanked us and appreciated us for thinking of him, but he didn’t want any distractions during camp. We certainly can’t begrudge a guy for that at all. His ceiling is high and the team and front office is excited to see him this preseason continue to develop.
I've been to every open practice so far (getting ready now to go today), and Godwin has been one of the most consistent targets every day .. Bucs are really set with Evans, DJax and Humphries (Humphries is going to have an incredible season with all the vertical worry DJax is going to bring, he's for real guys, he will be TBs Edelman) ... Godwin will have plays designed for him and be a contributor this season .. whether its in relief of DJax or Humphries, he is a solid WR4 on this team.

I should also note that I haven't seen the vertical threat with Godwin yet, even though he has the speed .. he has kept in the 10-20 yd range making spectacular catches on outs etc.. So the idea he is DJax replacement, well, I have to see him get free down the field A LOT more ... :)
@PlankMelody

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:01 am

Little tidbit of news on one of my favorite sleepers Amara Darboh:

"(USA Today Fantasy Sports) Seattle Seahawks WR Amara Darboh has been performed well during the first two practices, and QB Russell Wilson said he believes Darboh has a chance to be a special player."

Also, people who think McKinnon isn't good only look at stat-lines, can't wait to see where he lands in 2018. Won't be a bell-cow but will get significant run as a 3rd down back, mark my words
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:53 am

_yeti wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:01 am .....
Also, people who think McKinnon isn't good only look at stat-lines, can't wait to see where he lands in 2018. Won't be a bell-cow but will get significant run as a 3rd down back, mark my words
100% agree with that.

So many people say he had his chance. Woodhead had his chance with NYJ, Welker had his chance with Miami, Lynch had his chance in BUF, etc. Hopkins had his chance last year. So did Arob. Situation matters and does influence talent.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

NanceUSMC
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NanceUSMC » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:59 am

I'm sure I'm not breaking any news here, but there's lots of word coming out of Carolina from coaches, players, spectators and reporters that McCaffrey is making the Panther Linebackers look silly trying to cover him...

Now, when you're talking about the likes of Luke Kuechley, Thomas Davis and Shaq Thompson, that says a good deal to me...

As a Panther fan I'm excited to see how they get this kid 20 touches per game...
10 team Non-PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1Def), full keeper, 23 man roster, established 2013

QB: Tannehill, Tua
RB: CEH, Swift, Sanders, Bell, Fournette, Etienne
WR: Jones, Hopkins, Chase, D Smith, Bateman, Parker, Fuller, Harry, D Johnson, D Samuel, P Williams, Higgins, Chark
K: Butker
Def: Baltimore, Carolina

Championships: 2015, 2017

2014: 1.01 (Became Watkins)
2015: 1.03, 1.04, 3.04 (Became Gurley, Yeldon, CAP, Robinson UDFA)
2016: 1.10 (Became Fuller)
2017: 1.01, 3.07 (Became Fournette, Henderson)
2018: 2.10 (Became Chark)
2019: 1.04 (Became Harry, Samuel, Williams, Isabella, Johnson)
2020: 1.01, 1.05, 2.01, 3.01 (Became CEH, Swift, Tua, Higgins)
2021: 1.03, 1.08, 2.03, 3.03 (Became Chase, D Smith, Etienne, Bateman)

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:24 am

Lots of chatter about DeValve running with the 1s and looking good and Njoku having inconsistent hands.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:32 pm

@motherlod: appreciate the news on Coleman, as he's always been an intriguing prospect. That said, we've heard all this before, and he's definitely the WR4 behind Thomas, Snead, and Ginn right now. I wouldn't be adding Coleman except in very deep formats.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:45 pm

Plank wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:49 am
MucBuc wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:36 am Chris Godwin wasting no time:

I've been to every open practice so far (getting ready now to go today), and Godwin has been one of the most consistent targets every day .. Bucs are really set with Evans, DJax and Humphries (Humphries is going to have an incredible season with all the vertical worry DJax is going to bring, he's for real guys, he will be TBs Edelman) ... Godwin will have plays designed for him and be a contributor this season .. whether its in relief of DJax or Humphries, he is a solid WR4 on this team.

I should also note that I haven't seen the vertical threat with Godwin yet, even though he has the speed .. he has kept in the 10-20 yd range making spectacular catches on outs etc.. So the idea he is DJax replacement, well, I have to see him get free down the field A LOT more ... :)
Thanks for sharing the first hand reports! They are always nice to hear. Let us know when he starts getting free downfield! :D