Role Player
Role Player

Re: Training Camp Superstars

Postby Sterling Archer » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:15 am

motherlode wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:31 am Dear Jaron Brown speculators,

Boom.

Signed,

John Brown
Funny to use the word "boom" to hype a guy with sickle cell and a concussion history. One boom is all it will take to shut him down. I like both Browns, but my optimism for the smaller one is beginning to wane just a little bit.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm

Sterling Archer wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:15 am

Boom.

Signed,

John Brown
Funny to use the word "boom" to hype a guy with sickle cell and a concussion history. One boom is all it will take to shut him down. I like both Browns, but my optimism for the smaller one is beginning to wane just a little bit.
Health has always been the concern with John Brown, not talent. There's really no comparison between he and Jaron, and without the health issues I think more than likely we'd be looking a John Brown as a slightly poor man's version of TY Hilton.

That said, the health issues and injury concerns do exist, so that's where we are. I do agree that John Brown showing well in 1-2 preseason games is nothing to point to as definitive proof of anything. It's encouraging, but it only shows a glimpse of hope.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:36 pm

Pet_Smith wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:40 pm More than JJ Nelson. But picked up both for free and will have to cut at least one before the season starts. Hope for some clarity by the 3rd preseason game, but neither likely to start for me
Interesting enough, i heard a rumor the Bills are trying to acquire JJ Nelson
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:01 am

BuckeyeNation wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm
Sterling Archer wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:15 am

Boom.

Signed,

John Brown
Health has always been the concern with John Brown, not talent. There's really no comparison between he and Jaron, and without the health issues I think more than likely we'd be looking a John Brown as a slightly poor man's version of TY Hilton.

That said, the health issues and injury concerns do exist, so that's where we are. I do agree that John Brown showing well in 1-2 preseason games is nothing to point to as definitive proof of anything. It's encouraging, but it only shows a glimpse of hope.
While I agree John Brown is talented, I strongly disagree that there's "no comparison" between him and Jaron. Jaron doesn't get the hype because he's had to work his way up as an undrafted player, but he's much bigger than John and he's no slouch in the speed category (plus they're the same age). He was actually overtaking Floyd early last year in snaps. I think he's got just as good of a shot at producing fantasy numbers as John Brown does even if both are healthy. Arians loves to run 3WR sets while ignoring the TE, so there's room for both to be productive this year.

But while I like both, if I HAD to pick one, I'd easily take (1) the larger guy (2) without the health concerns (3) who is cheaper. Now if they were both already on my roster and I had to cut one, I'd obviously keep the one with more trade value if I couldn't trade him before cuts. But if I was in an auction startup with decent sized rosters, give me Jaron. He's practically free with similar upside.

MarcoPolo25
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MarcoPolo25 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:21 am

_yeti wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:57 am There's been some good news coming out of Cinci about Josh Malone. He's cheap too bc of the amount of talent they have. I think he's a nice stash for people with deep rosters.
Still a hold? Scooped him up off waivers for team in sig. Original owner who drafted him in at 4.12 this year dropped. Looks like he would be a 2+ year hold. Worth it?
12 team league
25 man roster
8 RB & 9 WR Restrictions
1QB 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR/TE flex 1TE 1K 1 DST
1pt PPR
Qb: Jackson, M. Jones, Huntley
RB: Cook, Chubb, Carson, Gaskin, R. Stephenson, Elijah Mitchell, Jeff Wilson Jr
WR: D. Adams, K. Allen, Juju, M. Williams, OBJ, Tylan Wallace, Darden, Deonte Harris
TE: Kelce, Engram, H. Bryant, Moreau, Gray
DST: Dal
K: Butker
Taxi:
IR:

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:04 am

kamihamster wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:30 pm
Jjipp wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:39 am Greg Ward Jr. He is a converted QB to WR. It is early but he has made some fabulous catches and apparently has caught a lot of attention. Crowded roster but another soft tissue injury from Alshon and a meltdown from Agholor and he could be on the roster.

Tanner Gentry from the Bears apparently has shown off great chemistry with Trubisky.

Those are two I've heard about thus far.
these two. i have the same two targets for my deeper rosters
What about Ward at RB vs WR? Philly has a need there, Blount obviously isn't working, and Smallwood I think is their best bet. Ward had some good rushing stats in college though. Any possibility of that being a role for him?
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz