Dynasty Startup Draft - Auction Values

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Deloyshus
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Dynasty Startup Draft - Auction Values

Postby Deloyshus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:36 am

About to embark in a Dynasty Startup Draft, auction style. Our budget is $300, and most of the auction values I see on ESPN, etc, are for $200 budgets and redraft leagues. I am going to make my own, but thought I would ask the dynasty community if they had any cool value calculators that they would like to share. I don't really want to pay money to use one of the custom ones on ESPN or Roto since they are mostly redraft. Thanks in advance.
Team 1: 2017 Champion, 2018 runner up, 2019 Champion, 2021 Champion
12 team, .5 PPR Dynasty, TE Premium, 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 Flex

QB: Rodgers, Lawrence
RB: Taylor, Najee, Ekeler, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Chase, Adams, Mclaurin, Skyy, Jamo, Thielen
TE: Andrews, Irv

Team 2: 2019 Runner up, 2020 runner up, 2021 runner up
12 Team, PPR, TE Premium, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3DB, 3 IDP Flex (54 man rosters)

QB: Herbert, Dak, Ryan
RB: Taylor, Lenny, A Jones, Akers, Zeke, E Mitchell
WR: Jefferson, Lamb, Keenan, Tyreek, DJ Moore, Thielen
TE: Kelce, Albert O
DL: Garret, Bosa, Hunter, Burns, Landry
LB: White, Brooks, Kendricks, Shaq, Martinez, Bolton, K White
DB: Chinn, Budda, Harrison, Bates

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Re: Dynasty Startup Draft - Auction Values

Postby Kramer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:08 am

I've done two auction startups this summer now (team 2 and 3 in sig). Depending on your starting requirements, # of teams, any scoring tweaks, etc., you'll want to have your ranking of players by position (whether in your head or in a spreadsheet like I did). I wouldn't spend more than 25% on any one player. Otherwise I would look to try to find value wherever you can. If you think a player is worth $30, but he's only going for $20, then it's someone you should bid on and try to win. If you get him for $25, you got good value. If you do this for the whole draft, you'll end up with a great team. This might not work for the top studs, but should for the rest of the players.

For example in team 2, I was able to get Nuk and ARob for less than what players such as Dez, Pryor, Fournette, McCaffrey, Gurley, Alshon, Tyreek and Miller (and others that I haven't listed) went for. I value Nuk and ARob individually more than any of these guys, so I was happy that I got good value relative to what others paid for their players.

And the way you decide what is player is worth will vary from draft to draft, but feel out what other owners are doing and try to take advantage of it. My first draft (team 3), everyone went on the side of youth (so I built a win now team). My second draft (team 2), everyone went with a redraft mentality, so I have a very young team (but because of scoring/position tweaks, superflex, 2TE, I was able to build a contender too).

I would just have your own set of rankings and as the draft is going, start placing values on players and if they're going for less than you think they're worth, jump in. Don't overspend so as you'll have no money at the end either. There is always a ton of value towards the end of auction drafts as people run out of money and whoever has a little bit extra at the end can scoop up lots of good prospects for relatively cheap. Best of luck with the draft!
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:47 am

Studs are going to cost about 25% in most of the auctions I have done so I would use that as your guide
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:48 am

There's an auction value generator on www.dynastyfftools.com

The only options you get to play with are # of teams, auction budget per team, and whether or not it's a 2QB league, but it's probably a good starting point for you.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Deloyshus
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Deloyshus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:33 pm

Thanks! Very helpful!

One other question: How much of a value bump do TE's get if they are full PPR in a 1/2 PPR league?
Team 1: 2017 Champion, 2018 runner up, 2019 Champion, 2021 Champion
12 team, .5 PPR Dynasty, TE Premium, 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 Flex

QB: Rodgers, Lawrence
RB: Taylor, Najee, Ekeler, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Chase, Adams, Mclaurin, Skyy, Jamo, Thielen
TE: Andrews, Irv

Team 2: 2019 Runner up, 2020 runner up, 2021 runner up
12 Team, PPR, TE Premium, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3DB, 3 IDP Flex (54 man rosters)

QB: Herbert, Dak, Ryan
RB: Taylor, Lenny, A Jones, Akers, Zeke, E Mitchell
WR: Jefferson, Lamb, Keenan, Tyreek, DJ Moore, Thielen
TE: Kelce, Albert O
DL: Garret, Bosa, Hunter, Burns, Landry
LB: White, Brooks, Kendricks, Shaq, Martinez, Bolton, K White
DB: Chinn, Budda, Harrison, Bates

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:28 am

Deloyshus wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:33 pm Thanks! Very helpful!

One other question: How much of a value bump do TE's get if they are full PPR in a 1/2 PPR league?
Should get a healthy bump in that scoring format. Especially guys that are catching 80+ balls. Sneaky low $ guy is probably Witten
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams