Kenneth Dixon torn meniscus

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Kenneth Dixon torn meniscus

Postby IBall2 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:47 am

CooperCrush wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:31 am Any small chance they go after Matt Jones and if so, does that give him fantasy value?
I think they grab someone out of free agency and plug them in as the RB3 behind West and Woodhead. They don't seem like the team to trade for an RB. My best guess is someone like Joique Bell/James Starks/Denard Robinson/Tre Mason will be signed in the near future for a league minimum contract.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:15 am

Maybe Buck gets another shot at showing what he can do. Not sure why he was completely ignored last year, when he actually looked decent the year before.

eraldo_coil
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eraldo_coil » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:41 am

Bummer... Some guys are just plain unlucky with injuries. Wish him a speedy recovery but given his age, limited playing experience, and multiple injuries I just don't know if he'll ever be the fantasy relevant player we all hoped for.
Team 1
12-team, 0.5 PPR, SuperFlex, TE Premium (+0.5 PPR) | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1SF

QB: Hurts, Herbert, Cousins, Purdy
RB: Taylor, Barkley, Swift, Mixon, N.Harris, Hunt, Dobbins
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Metcalf, Godwin, Ridley, Lockett, Cooks
TE: Kittle, Njoku, Gesicki

Team 2
12-team, PPR | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX

QB: Wilson, Jones
RB: Robinson, Gibbs, Mixon, Sanders, R. White
WR: Lamb, Godwin, Lockett, Addison, D. Johnson, Meyers, Campbell, R. Moore
TE: Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:47 am

Goddard wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:15 am Maybe Buck gets another shot at showing what he can do. Not sure why he was completely ignored last year, when he actually looked decent the year before.
Good point. I'd say Buck getting number 3 duties is the most likely outcome.

To the poster asking about Jones, WAS realeasing Jones remains the most likely outcome, at which point him signing to any RB needy team is possible. Don't think there's a current situation where he gains much value outside of maybe GB. He'd have to benefit from an injury on his new team
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:04 pm

Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:23 pm

They could shift Taliaferro back to RB. I'm not sure a guy like Allen (or Rainey) make sense as a replacement for your early down guy. It's basically West and a slew of passing down backs.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:34 pm

Yeah. Woodhead is the only guy I would want to own I think
I mean Ryan Mathews and/or Jones could be cut which may become the best option in in BAL.

Also might be interesting to see if the Ravens/49ers can a make a Hyde/Dixon swap?
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:26 pm

Tsunami wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:57 pm
teprovich88 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:46 pm
With a meniscus repair, there is a timeframe where the patient is non-weightbaring to allow the repair to completely heal. This would be similar to what occurred with AP last season as others have already alluded too. Typically, we (in the rehab world) would be looking for the athlete to return to sport somewhere in the 6-8 month range depending on the complexity of the tear and the repair. Most MDs allow progression to running (straightline, not cutting or agility) around the 3 month range post meniscus repairs.

All-in-all... don't expect to see Dixon back on the field until January at the absolute earliest. But truthfully, I would probably say we won't see him until 2018.
You say it's similar to what occurred with AP.. and then you rule out the time frame it actually took AP to return. Peterson had his meniscus repaired (not shaved) on September 22nd and he was in a game on December 18th. That is a little over 11 weeks. For Dixon that same time frame would be week 3 2017, and he would still be suspended. I'm assuming he goes on PUP (not IR, right? It's before training camp) and he would be ineligible to return until week 6. And it might be unlikely that he can run by then, but it's not impossible like these headlines are saying.

I just bet a late 2018 2nd against a late 2018 1st that he will play this season. Good odds!
Yeah, good odds man.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:47 pm

It's easy to say he's "out for the season" but that doesn't actually mean anything official. He's likely to go on PUP since this happened before training camp, and his suspension games will count while he's injured, so if he heals faster than they expect he could return as early as week 6, or week 8 for IR.

There is something in it for the Ravens to sit him, they'll get to keep him on the rookie contract another year if he misses enough games. But that situation might change by the time he's ready to play, especially if they are in the playoff hunt.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:08 pm

Tsunami wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:47 pm It's easy to say he's "out for the season" but that doesn't actually mean anything official. He's likely to go on PUP since this happened before training camp, and his suspension games will count while he's injured, so if he heals faster than they expect he could return as early as week 6, or week 8 for IR.

There is something in it for the Ravens to sit him, they'll get to keep him on the rookie contract another year if he misses enough games. But that situation might change by the time he's ready to play, especially if they are in the playoff hunt.
How many times does a team announce a player as being "out for the season" only for that player to return early? If there was a chance he could come back, they would use different wording.

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:28 pm

Tre Mason return!? I'm sure I'm not the only one that saw the funny fluff piece about him talking about training and being ready, with his subtle Bo Jackson comp
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:43 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:08 pm
Tsunami wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:47 pm It's easy to say he's "out for the season" but that doesn't actually mean anything official. He's likely to go on PUP since this happened before training camp, and his suspension games will count while he's injured, so if he heals faster than they expect he could return as early as week 6, or week 8 for IR.

How many times does a team announce a player as being "out for the season" only for that player to return early? If there was a chance he could come back, they would use different wording.
The IR rules just changed

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:18 am

So will he be suspended four games next year due to this injury?

🤔🤔

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:34 am

Weeman wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:18 am So will he be suspended four games next year due to this injury?

🤔🤔
I believe that's correct?
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:58 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:34 am
Weeman wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:18 am So will he be suspended four games next year due to this injury?

🤔🤔
I believe that's correct?
No, injured games count as suspension games. He will simply lose his game check.