Ryan Switzer is up next!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Ryan Switzer is up next!

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:46 pm

I already loved this kid and the Dallas landing spot, but with the great reports from the spring continuing into training camp combined with Lucky Whitehead being cut today I'm ecstatic about Switzer's situation right now.

For a late-round flier you can't really ask for more right now.

He's pretty much a white Tavon Austin that can actually run good WR routes.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: Ryan Switzer is up next!

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:49 pm

Hard to see both him and Beasley having an impact, but Dallas does not have much aside from Beasley and Dez. Do you think he will overtake Beasley, or you think they can both contribute?
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:00 pm

jtd1387 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:49 pm Hard to see both him and Beasley having an impact, but Dallas does not have much aside from Beasley and Dez. Do you think he will overtake Beasley, or you think they can both contribute?

Everything I'm reading about Switzer is that he would be on the field with Beasley, they were talking about it on the Cowboys website the other day, as far as running sets with both guys out there, very QB friendly for Dak. Plus, he's slated to be the punt returner and probably one of the kickoff returners too. Whitehead was probably going to get cut anyway, he was on thin ice from an incident last season, blew curfew and now some incidents this off-season, so couple that with the drafting of Switzer and he was toast.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:03 pm

I'd say Jamison Crowder is a little better comparison he doesn't have the crazy athleticism of Tavon Austin.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:25 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:00 pm
jtd1387 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:49 pm Hard to see both him and Beasley having an impact, but Dallas does not have much aside from Beasley and Dez. Do you think he will overtake Beasley, or you think they can both contribute?

Everything I'm reading about Switzer is that he would be on the field with Beasley, they were talking about it on the Cowboys website the other day, as far as running sets with both guys out there, very QB friendly for Dak. Plus, he's slated to be the punt returner and probably one of the kickoff returners too. Whitehead was probably going to get cut anyway, he was on thin ice from an incident last season, blew curfew and now some incidents this off-season, so couple that with the drafting of Switzer and he was toast.
Not to mention the bizarre situation with his supposedly kidnapped dog last week...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:43 am

skip wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:25 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Not to mention the bizarre situation with his supposedly kidnapped dog last week...

Yeah, that was very bizarre, it's the first time that I've ever heard of something like that.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:57 am

Like someone else said, Beasley stands in the way of a Beasley type impact, and Cole still has two more years on his contract and a blossoming rapport with Dak, supposedly.

Even aside from that, his tape has fundamental problems for me. A 5'8" receiver better have impeccable ball-skills and YAC ability, and Switzer doesn't. He lets throws into his body, doesn't have dynamic route-speed (i.e. he's got one and only 'gear'), and was good returning punts in the open-field but that ability didn't seem to translate after the catch as a receiver.

I do feel like there's an opportunity right now in Dallas' WR corps, but it's opportunity for a bigger guy usurping Williams on the outside moreso than Beasley in the slot.
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:00 pm Everything I'm reading about Switzer is that he would be on the field with Beasley, they were talking about it on the Cowboys website the other day, as far as running sets with both guys out there, very QB friendly for Dak. Plus, he's slated to be the punt returner and probably one of the kickoff returners too.
A few points here:

- I cannot imagine Beas and Switzer on the field at once for anything but 4-wide sets. I promise you the 'Boys will not be a base 4-wide set offense.
- A WR (or RB for that matter) doing both PR and KR work will almost certainly not be a 50%+ snap-share player in the first-team offense.
- Beware off-season puffery/hype by beat writers / fan blogs / radio-shows excited about the immediate prospects of Day 3 picks.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:01 am

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:57 amBeware off-season puffery/hype by beat writers / fan blogs / radio-shows excited about the immediate prospects of Day 3 picks.
You completely missed my point, genius...
Coogan Football wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:46 pm For a late-round flier you can't really ask for more right now.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:24 am

I think he's a nice stash if you play in leagues with deep rosters. Wouldn't expect a whole lot from him year one, but can see him taking over the Beasley role at some point and maybe even doing a better job.

Heartwork
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Heartwork » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:36 am

Cole can be cut after this year with only 1m in dead cap. I think Ryan is a better player than Cole and will excel with a budding QB. Not saying he is going to be a stud but I will take a risk on a guy in that situation any day of the week. Who knows, he could be the next Julian Edelman.

12 Team PPR| 1QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Super Flex, 2 WRT | 25 Roster | 4 Taxi

QB: Stroud, Murray, Jimmy G
RB: Walker, Bijan Robinson, Pacheco, Charbonnet, Spiller, Abanikanda, Hull
WR: Dell, M. Brown, Smith-Njigba, Downs, Ross, C. Jones, Austin, Palmer
TE: Laporta, McBride, Woods, Turner, Parham
PS:
IR:
'24 Picks: 1.02, 2.12, 3.02, 5.06
'25 Picks: 2nd, (2) 3rds, (2) 4th, 5th

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:07 am

Return leagues I am trying to pick him up...other than that I wouldn't get too excited.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:07 am

Return leagues I am trying to pick him up...other than that I wouldn't get too excited.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:56 am

A few points here:

- I cannot imagine Beas and Switzer on the field at once for anything but 4-wide sets. I promise you the 'Boys will not be a base 4-wide set offense.
- A WR (or RB for that matter) doing both PR and KR work will almost certainly not be a 50%+ snap-share player in the first-team offense.
- Beware off-season puffery/hype by beat writers / fan blogs / radio-shows excited about the immediate prospects of Day 3 picks.
[/quote]

Oh, I'm not expecting him to play a ton on offense but I was just pointing out that he will be out there some and trust me, I know it's a run based offense but it's interesting to see them possibly utilize both Beas and Switzer. Fantasy wise, I don't own him anywhere, most of my rosters aren't big enough to carry someone like that. Now, if Beas gets injured and missed some time, then maybe he would be a waiver wire pickup.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:23 am

Coogan Football wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:01 am
ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:57 amBeware off-season puffery/hype by beat writers / fan blogs / radio-shows excited about the immediate prospects of Day 3 picks.
You completely missed my point, genius...
Coogan Football wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:46 pm For a late-round flier you can't really ask for more right now.
what to really beware of coogan's annual puff pieces for his league mates where by he gets some gomer to give him a 1st for guys like switzer
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Postby gmoftheyear » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Temper your expectations. Switzer came up lame with a hamstring injury today. Don't know the severity yet.....
QB- R. Wilson, Garoppolo, Fields, Ridder, Rudolph, Hooker
RB- Ekeler, Mostert, Pacheco, Dillon, Dobbins I/R
WR- Metcalf, Pickens, Higgins, DJ Moore
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns
2002 Points Champion, 2007 HTH Champion, 2014 HTH Champion