Ravens Looking to Trade

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Ravens Looking to Trade

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:13 pm

Willis McGahee-RB- Ravens Aug. 31 - 2:39 pm et
"GM Ozzie Newsome has "made it perfectly clear" that the Ravens are seeking trades to upgrade at multiple positions. Cornerback and offensive line are the obvious trouble spots, and the Baltimore Sun's Mike Preston speculates that Newsome could try to pick up a fullback as well. If the Ravens move Willis McGahee, Le'Ron McClain will have to double as Ray Rice's primary backup. We remain skeptical that McGahee will be dealt." Source: Baltimore Sun / Rotoworld

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ ... _team.html

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... FL&id=2265

:arrow: I'm thinking young, promising Fullback Owen Schmitt in a deal for Willis McGahee? RB help is needed in Seattle and I think McGahee would give us at least one or two seasons and also be a good fit for our offensive scheme. McGahee clearly has no future in Baltimore. He's still a good player, if an expensive one but we know who 'the Man' is in Baltimore. Even a one-year rental would be worth it not to field Julius Jones or Quinton Ganther in various offensive situations that don't fit the Washington/Forsett skill-set.

Can Seattle really trust what they have? Allow me: NO. Leon Washington has never had a full season of consistent RB work. Forsett is easily dinged and also unfit to carry the rock when it requires pounding it in or getting the tough yards.

Heck, Seattle give them Safety/CB Jonathan Babineaux, too, who you IDP-ers may need to know is firmly on the roster-bubble behind Earl Thomas, Lawyer Milloy, and perhaps Jamar Adams and rookie monster Kam Chancellor.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Re: Ravens Looking to Trade

Postby BradyT » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:36 pm

The only thing the Ravens really need is someone at CB. I sure hope they get something done there, cause I´m starting to like watching the Ravens! With McClain being capable of filling in as a backup for Ray Rice, its makes a ton of sense to trade away McGahee, while they can get something in return.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:42 pm

Don't know if Rice went down that McClain would be the starter...I think he would bet the short-yardage, goal line work, but Jalen Parmele is in line for the 1st & 2nd down carries after McGahee.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:49 pm

Misfit74 wrote:Heck, Seattle give them Safety/CB Jonathan Babineaux, too, who you IDP-ers may need to know is firmly on the roster-bubble behind Earl Thomas, Lawyer Milloy, and perhaps Jamar Adams and rookie monster Kam Chancellor.

Johnathan is on the DL for the Falcons. Jordan is his brother who plays SS for the Seahawks. With the addition of E.Thomas likely at the FS position, I had thought that Jordan was pretty much the starter at SS. The coach might know Milloy better, but he couldn't cover himself with a blanket on a chilly night. So, I doubt they let him play safety in a passing league for very long if he somehow beats out Babineau. It should become very obvious that he's a Roy Williams type of safety that can be exploited and other teams will target him for big plays.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:11 pm

So much for that. If Willis is out bring on Marshawn!

Seattle gave up CB Josh Wilson for a 5th rd pick.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:16 pm

MR ROURKE wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:Heck, Seattle give them Safety/CB Jonathan Babineaux, too, who you IDP-ers may need to know is firmly on the roster-bubble behind Earl Thomas, Lawyer Milloy, and perhaps Jamar Adams and rookie monster Kam Chancellor.

Johnathan is on the DL for the Falcons. Jordan is his brother who plays SS for the Seahawks. With the addition of E.Thomas likely at the FS position, I had thought that Jordan was pretty much the starter at SS. The coach might know Milloy better, but he couldn't cover himself with a blanket on a chilly night. So, I doubt they let him play safety in a passing league for very long if he somehow beats out Babineau. It should become very obvious that he's a Roy Williams type of safety that can be exploited and other teams will target him for big plays.

Fackin' Babineauxs. LOL. I guess I've already forgotten him!
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars