Startup league ideas??

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dougiefresh37
Captain
Captain

Startup league ideas??

Postby Dougiefresh37 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:45 pm

So a friend of mine wants to start a league. He wants to do a 2qb and 2 te league with up to 5 keepers for next year with a contract variations. What leagues do you guys play in? Do you guys have any cool wrinkles that you use? Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks
Cleveland Steamer's: 12 team .5 PPR
qb: brees, wilson, lamar jackson
Rb: mccaffrey, hunt, kamara, freeman, ware, c.j anderson, turbin
wr: evans, allen, ty hill, Ross, pettis, Anthony miller, calloway, sanu
Te: ertz, kroft, njoku
Def: eagles

Suicide squad:12 team 1 pt ppr league
Qb: luck, dak, bortles
Rb: cook, miller, ingram, tevin coleman, lat murray, burkhead, clement, wilkins
Wr: Aj green, evans, OBJ, juju smith, lockett, moncrief, beasly
Te: ertz, ebron
Def: eagles

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Startup league ideas??

Postby Defender » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:53 am

How many teams are you thinking?

As far as wrinkles, have you looked at point per first down as opposed to PPR? I am also a fan of point per completion and minus .75 (or .9) point per incompletion for QBs. Rewards the more efficient passers. But whatever you do with your QB scoring, try to keep as much parity as possible between the different tiers of QBs.
The standard is the standard.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:47 am

1. 14 teams is becoming my new favorite for many reasons.

2. I've had HC in many leagues, but the scoring needs to give them an elite option or two. I figure they are important enough.

3. Offensive Line (OL) is my new favorite concept. I've got a league I'm working on right now for the DLF IDP guys that incorporates offensive team scoring and sacks allowed into a great position group to put into a weekly lineup. Right now it looks like the scoring criteria spit out these elite options: 1. Raiders (#5 overall) 2. Saints (#14) 3. Cowboys (#25). At OL4 the Steelers rank 40th most valuable starter in the league.

4. IDP scoring that places an emphasis on pass rush and passes defended. LB1 is Khalil Mack and LB2 is Von Miller in my scoring model. They rank #7 and #10 overall in my league.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:03 am

dlf_bruiser wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:47 am
2. I've had HC in many leagues, but the scoring needs to give them an elite option or two. I figure they are important enough.

3. Offensive Line (OL) is my new favorite concept. I've got a league I'm working on right now for the DLF IDP guys that incorporates offensive team scoring and sacks allowed into a great position group to put into a weekly lineup. Right now it looks like the scoring criteria spit out these elite options: 1. Raiders (#5 overall) 2. Saints (#14) 3. Cowboys (#25). At OL4 the Steelers rank 40th most valuable starter in the league.
I am interested in these scoring possibilities. I am guessing they are only available on MFL?
The standard is the standard.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:43 am

Defender wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:03 am
dlf_bruiser wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:47 am

I am interested in these scoring possibilities. I am guessing they are only available on MFL?
I only know of MFL and ESPN. They both offer HC as a position, but ESPN does not offer a TEAM OFFENSE (O-LINE) like MFL does.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

KenAndTonic
Rookie
Rookie

Postby KenAndTonic » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:43 am

I much prefer superflex to 2 QB for the simple reason that there are just not enough starting QBs for everyone to have 2 starters plus a back up. It really only works for 10 team leagues or fewer and even then you almost have to limit teams to 3 QBs on their roster, which isn't fun, especially for a keeper/dynasty league where owners may occasionally want to stash a young backup for future use.

If you are committed to 2QB, have you thought about drafting a team QB? The idea being if a starter goes down, that owner would automatically have the backup, so it helps mitigate the injury risk.
Team #1 (co-owned), 1QB
QB - Joe Burrow, Jared Goff, Drew Lock
RB - Melvin Gordon, James White, JK Dobbins, Nyheim Hines
WR - AJ Brown, Dionae Johnson, AJ Green, Curtis Samuel, Brandin Cooks, Michael Pittman
TE - Austin Hooper, OJ Howard

Team #2, Superflex
QB - Desean Watson, Carson Wentz, Drew Lock
RB - Melvin Gordon, JK Dobbins, JD McKissic, Tarik Cohen
WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Tyler Lockett, Sammy Watkins, Brandin Cooks, Emmanuel Sanders
TE - Junno Smith, Evan Engram