RBs vs WRs in dynasty

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
yosemityjn
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: RBs vs WRs in dynasty

Postby yosemityjn » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:31 pm

I usually prefer a nice balance between WR and RB but last year i stashed picks, traded up and went ape bleep drafting RB's, in particular Mixon and McCaffrey. I also think having a Wr heavy team was in vogue so long was because of the scarcity of true #1 RBs versus allot of #1 and #2WR's. Now I am thinking the best dynasty teams in the next 5 years will all be Rb heavy with this and next years crop of rookie RBs.

DTMW78
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DTMW78 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:35 am

So much turnover at the RB position makes it difficult to predict who's gonna be the man in most backfields.
If you have a stud like D.J , Bell or Zeke you're in luck and better hold on to em.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:24 am

I ended up drafting Fournette/McCaffrey/Mixon/Perine in our rookie draft over the weekend. I'm hoping to get 1 or 2 starters from this group to hold for multiple years and might try to flip one when the timing is right for a top WR to make the push for a championship. I sold most of my depth at WR to get these picks so I hope the swing to RB heavy works in my favor.

Sgtpsych
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sgtpsych » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:53 am

There also seems to be timed in rookie drafts where you should go rb heavy or wr heavy. This year seems meh for wr outside of Davis. So many options at rb. Wondering if it' would work in the favor of stacking wr from 14 class and focusing on RBs this entire draft.
Team 1-
12 team standard dynasty 6 pt - td, .1 per rushing yd, .1 per receiving yd. .04 per passing yd , 24 player roster
1 qb, 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 TE, 2 flex
QB-Russell Wilson, Tom Brady
RB-Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt,Thomas Rawls,Jerick McKinnon, Chris Carson, TJ Yeldon, Aaron Jones
WR-OBJ, AJG, NUK, ARob, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Marqise Lee, Willie Snead
TE- Jimmy Graham, Coby Fleener, George Kittle, Tyler Kroft
K- Harrison Butker
D-Carolina Panthers, Jags
2018 1st and 4th

Team 2-
QB- Winston, Prescott, Flacco
RB- Freeman, Fournette, Montgomery, Murray, Yeldon, Hightower, Washington, Procise, Lacy, Starks, Conner
WR- NUK, Doctson, Ross, Aghlor, Treadwell
TE - Engram, Davis
D- Giants,Chiefs
K- Gostkowski

mratlanta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mratlanta » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:53 am

I generally go the bpa route, and if there are similarly ranked RBs and WRs available then I'll use need to determine who to take. In one draft I've already completed I had the 1.1 and didn't hesitate to take LF because I don't have good RB depth and my starting WRs are OBJ, Cooper and ARob.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Mahomes, Cam, Tannehill
RB: LeVeon, Jordan Howard, Latavius, Bryce Love, Ty Johnson
WR: OBJ, Antonio Brown, Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Anthony Miller, Arcega-Whiteside,
Diontae Johnson, Hakeem Butler, DJ Chark, Darius Slayton
TE: OJ Howard, Evan Engram, Gerald Everett
K: Zuerlein
DEF: KC

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:52 am

There's no better feeling in the world then when you start 4 stud WR's and they all crush 25+ .. that owner every time he plays you from there on out will gamble and swing for the fences almost every time...
@PlankMelody

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:01 am

RAB wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:34 pm That makes sense but in my case I have the 1.03 and 1.04 picks. Fournette and CMC are going 1 and 2. I REALLY want to take Mixon and Cook but I cannot fathom letting Davis slip to 1.05 or beyond. I'm thin at RB and so are several other teams in my league. Has anyone seen Davis slip past 1.04?
Got him at 1.05 and 1.06 in 2 of my leagues- stick with bpa, agree that if you value the same, take team need into consideration
Last edited by IR1 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:01 am

Plus, I like sending WR pictures to my opponents the week I play them, to let them know who I am starting..
@PlankMelody

RAB
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RAB » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:15 pm

I love the idea of 4 stud receivers. I keep getting offered Michael Thomas for Jordan Howard but I haven't pulled the trigger because I would be left with zero RBs (but with 1.03 & 1.04)
TEAM 1
10 team .5 PPR 1QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/DEF
2019 Champion
2020 Champion
QB-Lamar Jackson, Trey Lance
RB-CMC, Kamara, King Henry, Chubb,, Dillon, D.J., Tony Jones
WR-Metcalf, AJ Brown, Godwin, Arob, Mooney, Bryan Edwards
TE- Fant, Goedert, L. Thomas

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:49 am

Yeah, in start 2RB or 2-3RB (flex), RB is always out of control.

Because drafting RBs is a bust-filled nightmare and the waiver wire is laughably thin at RB in any respectable dynasty league, seems the only teams that win ships are the ones who fleece hardest in trades.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:05 am

I'm starting Gurley/Fournette/Mixon/McCaffrey every week possible this year in my 0.3PPR league and I'm thin at WR. It's a bold move with all the rookies but I'll let you guys know how it goes at the end of the season.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:33 am

IBall2 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:05 am I'm starting Gurley/Fournette/Mixon/McCaffrey every week possible this year in my 0.3PPR league and I'm thin at WR. It's a bold move with all the rookies but I'll let you guys know how it goes at the end of the season.
I'm rolling with basically the opposite setup, we can reconvene at the end of the season and compare notes. I'm worried about what happens if Crow goes down. But I have an offer or to the Zeke owner, every RB I have, 2018 second, 2019 first... I know it guts my already thin RBs, but its Zeke....
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:46 pm

RAB wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:32 pm Yes I can see that my league is already going to be tough to get RBs. If I need one I have to waaaay overpay for one. If I have one I can get great value for him. I only have one good RB but I get offers all the time. It's tough to turn down great value like Michael Thomas+ for J.Howard but I feel like I have to. I'd only have rookie RBs if I did that. This is why I started this thread was to see where people put their value. All your comments are much appreciated.
Don't fight the trend then. My league is the same top 5 rookie picks are almkst always all rbs so i just sit patiently and grab mid round stud wrs. Thanks guys.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted