Sophomore fever!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Sophomore fever!

Postby maxhyde » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:24 am

I still roster Janis ffs but not many left

I used to be much worse at getting sucked into those guys but am actually demonstrating some type of learning by repeating mistakes over and over then reflecting...some lessons are harder than others but this one is slowly being learned
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Sophomore fever!

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:46 pm

Valhalla wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:14 am
Tsunami wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:33 am This is a good year for sophomore fever, if you ask me. Most of last year's top rookies didn't do much year 1, and didn't hold their value. Boyd, Fuller, Doctson, Dixon, and especially Carroo and Treadwell can be had for very little. I'm not someone who gives up on "talent" so quickly. That said, the longer it takes the less likely they are going to blow up. There are far more busts than comeback stories.
Seems like those 1st round WRs are given the opposite of sophomore fever to me. Every one of them dropped in value after their poor performances. Coleman retained some value but still dropped.
In the past, guys like Justin Hunter were drafted in the 2nd to 3rd, did little, and then were worth a first heading into year 2.
yeah but hunter had a couple of good games as a rookie and scored a couple of longish range tds. just enough to whet our appetites and think he was gonna bust out in his second year seeing the titans let britt walk.