Ezekiel Elliott Thread: Should we Buy or Sell?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: Zeke's Value after all these incidents

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:56 am

Coogan Football wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:46 am Spinkso, are you still butt hurt because you drafed Treadwell instead or something?

Your logic is horrible
I agree with you on this one. I'm trying to kinda stay out of some of these debates but some people are acting like Zeke has murdered or raped someone, it's getting kinda ridiculous. I totally agree that he is a knucklehead but so far, most of this, is all just allegations and he just turned 22, for ###k sakes, lol.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:31 am

This hurts his redraft value more than dynasty. Even if these incidents are a concern, there's no way you can drop Zeke any lower than RB3 in startups.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:57 pm

Value is unchanged, which mAkes this a great time to sell. How much further can his value increase? But how much can it drop? The writing is on the wall, this guy is going to do something stupid that will cause his value to drop.

forrestmoons
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby forrestmoons » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:29 am

CooperCrush wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:54 am Would anyone trade Zeke for M Gordon and an earl 2018 1st?
I'd make that deal. The drop of Zeke to Gordon is really not that much to me. Talent is similar and Zeke won't have that O-line forever I'm thinking. An early 2018 1st is gonna be super valuable due to all the potential RBs that will be there like Guice, Barkley, and Chubb.
10 Team, Standard Scoring, 2 Flex
QB: Mariota, Tannehill, Goff
RB: Montgomery, Dixon, Abdullah, Perkins, Prosise,
WR: Hopkins, Thomas (NO), Coleman, Moncrief, Parker, Snead, Britt, Lockett, Mitchell
TE: Ebron, Ertz, Fiedorowicz
D/ST: New England
K: Hopkins
Rookies: Mixon, Mack, Godwin, Golladay, C. Williams

12 team, PPR, 2 Flex
QB: Mariota, Tannehill
RB: T. West, J. Hill, Riddick, Montgomery, Richard, Zenner
WR: Thomas (DEN), Thomas (NO), Wallace, T. Williams (LAC), Woods, Moncrief, Stills, A. Wilson
TE: Hooper, Allen, Swoope
K: Bailey
DEF: MIN, JAX
Rookies: Njoku, McNichols, Godwin, Taylor, C. Williams, A. Jones, Kittle, Breida, Malone

forrestmoons
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby forrestmoons » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:31 am

I had Zeke as my RB3 in dynasty startups already. It may move him down a couple spots for me past Cooper perhaps, but not past any other RBs.
WR: Hopkins, Thomas (NO), Coleman, Moncrief, Parker, Snead, Britt, Lockett, Mitchell

12 team, PPR, 2 Flex
WR: Thomas (DEN), Thomas (NO), Wallace, T. Williams (LAC), Woods, Moncrief, Stills, A. Wilson
Rookies: Njoku, McNichols, Godwin, Taylor, C. Williams, A. Jones, Kittle, Breida, Malone

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:50 am

forrestmoons wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:29 am
CooperCrush wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:54 am Would anyone trade Zeke for M Gordon and an earl 2018 1st?
I'd make that deal. The drop of Zeke to Gordon is really not that much to me. Talent is similar and Zeke won't have that O-line forever I'm thinking. An early 2018 1st is gonna be super valuable due to all the potential RBs that will be there like Guice, Barkley, and Chubb.
This is very tempting and I would possibly be inclined to take the gamble. As long as he stays healthy and has a decent year Barkley will cost a kings ransom next year.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:55 am

I can't believe (some) people are still saying things like this about Zeke's talent level. Granted, 97% stopped after last year and most just said it before he got to the NFL. How many times did I hear, "Zeke is good at everything, but not great at anything."

So you think Zeke, paired with Phillip Rivers would have biffed his rookie year like Gordon did?
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:32 am

Perception is greater than reality. Eventually if enough people have the same perception, that perception becomes their reality. So regardless of whether or not EE is innocent of all wrongdoing every incident has added (right or wrong) fuel to that fire.

So if a suspension does occur, not saying it will or will not, but if it does, then the perception will be even greater that Elliot is an off-field risk and that will have ramifications down the road, whether we want to admit it or not.

Basically even if this changes nothing for many, it has already changed for some, and will change for more if a suspension occurs.

If an owner has no plans to trade Elliot any time soon then sure this is easy to say nothing has changed - but regardless it is important to keep a pulse on things like this because otherwise that owner can wake up finding out that the rest of the owners in their league have changed the playing field in terms of that players valuation without them.

Part of this is likely due to human nature to tear down what was built up. As soon as someone does something, it is only natural for others to want to find ways to tear that accomplishment down rather than build their own. Take Gurley for example. People tore him down before he had even played a down (as they have with Elliot also) and then his rookie season happens. Had an owner sold then, their value would have been a lot greater that it is now. But people still tore him down and then a rough sophmore season occurred and we are where we are. Same can easily occur for Elliot if enough people perceive it.

I think now is the optimal time to sell Elliot if you have any inclinations to do so - because other owners will be looking to buy at a discount - you simply have to convince them the price you sell at is a discount in comparison to what they would have paid pre-suspension talk.

Finally we all know prices change from off-season to in-season. It will be hard to get full value from Elliot (if a team wanted to get value) if he is not playing, and at the end of the season if Elliot only plays 10-12 games and a Gurley or a Gordon or Ajayi plays a full 16 games and is a top 5 RB how hard is it to imagine Elliot falling out of the Top 3 Tier 1 and into that Tier 2?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

forrestmoons
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby forrestmoons » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:10 am

_yeti wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:55 am
I can't believe (some) people are still saying things like this about Zeke's talent level. Granted, 97% stopped after last year and most just said it before he got to the NFL. How many times did I hear, "Zeke is good at everything, but not great at anything."

So you think Zeke, paired with Phillip Rivers would have biffed his rookie year like Gordon did?
Gordon and Zeke have a lot in common. Elliot is the better RB but it's not far off to consider trading him for Gordon and an early '18 1st. They both have similar speed scores, Elliot is slightly bigger, and Gordon is just a bit more elusive. Both are top 5 dynasty RBs to me. This isn't about taking anything away from Elliot so much as it is about not underrating other RBs outside of the top 3. Last offseason Gurley was considered the number 1 dynasty RB and Gordon was barely considered a top 50 asset by most. Things change quicker than people think.

I don't think Elliot would've "biffed" if he landed with SD but it's a rookie season. Those aren't often rainbows and unicorns. Plus Woodhead still had a lot to say about Gordon's workload that season.

12 team, PPR, 2 Flex

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:44 pm

_yeti wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:55 am
Depends. Which offensive line are you giving him?

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:36 pm

I got him for Hopkins, Parker, and Graham. I may have overpaid, but my team is stacked. I also already have McFadden. I'll be starting Zeke, DJ, and Freeman every week and feel pretty amazing about that.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

yosemityjn
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby yosemityjn » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:13 pm

I am a solid hold! I think Jerry Jones will look after Zeke.

Spongehack
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Spongehack » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:09 pm

The drop off from Zeke to Gordon is significant. Zeke is on another level. Also predicting a 2018 first pick carries its own risk. There's no way I'd make that trade.
12 Team (2014 Champ, 2016 2nd, 2021 Champ) 1.0 PPR, 1.5 TE, Superflex, Start 9, 1-2 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-3 TE

QB - J. Hurts, M. Stafford, K. Cousins
RB - S. Barkley, D. Cook, E. Elliot, T. Pollard, A. Mattison
WR - D. Adams, DK Metcalf, A. Cooper, C. Ridley, R. Anderson, C. Davis, J. Jones
TE - M. Andrews, G. Kittle, M. Cox

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Zeke: The Next Le'Veon Situation?

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:26 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... s-to-make/
Between the promised contract extension for quarterback Dak Prescott, the second contract to be given to receiver Amari Cooper, and the looming second franchise tag for defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence, the Cowboys will encounter major financial obligations in the not-too-distant future. Lawrence will make $20.5 million in 2019, if tagged again. And if a long-term deal will be negotiated for Lawrence, $20.5 million for 2019 and an even higher number for 2020 fully guaranteed at signing will be the starting point.

Then there’s running back Ezekiel Elliott. Like Prescott, Elliott is eligible for a second contract after the completion of the 2018 regular season. Unlike Prescott, neither Jerry nor Stephen Jones have said much if anything about Elliott getting a new deal.

Given that Elliott was a first-round pick (and Prescott wasn’t), the Cowboys will face a more urgent situation with their quarterback, who will be eligible for free agency after 2019. Elliott has two years before the Cowboys would face a franchise-tag dilemma.

As PFT’s Charean Williams suggested during Thursday’s PFT Live, it’s possible that the Cowboys won’t ever make a major financial commitment to Elliott, given that running backs tend to burn more brightly for a much shorter time. The Cowboys, after all, let DeMarco Murray leave as a free agent after setting a single-season franchise record with 1,845 yards in 2014.

Maybe the Cowboys will squat on Elliott for the full five years of his rookie deal and then tag him once or twice before letting him leave, reloading at the position with another cheap first-rounder. However it plays out, the Cowboys soon will be spending plenty of money to keep key players around, which could make it harder to have the kind of depth that every team needs.
Of course this is just speculation right now.

But, if you remember, Dallas was in a similar situation when they gave Tony Romo and Dez Bryant new contracts and played hardball with DeMarco Murray. They ultimately opted against extending him.

Next offseason, Prescott enters the last year of his deal and will surely be extended. Amari Cooper will be in the last year of his contract and will surely be extended after Dallas gave up a 1st round pick. They also have a decision to make on DeMarcus Lawrence. Zeke enters the 4th year of his deal and will likely want a new deal as well (as Todd Gurley got entering his 4th year). Keep in mind, that Dallas has a ton of money invested into their offensive line as well (Smith, Martin, Frederick).

Maybe it's nothing, but there's at least some precedent here worth monitoring.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Zeke: The Next Le'Veon Situation?

Postby Bot101 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:38 pm

Couple questions.
1 are they still on the hook for Romo and Dez contracts this year?

2 will they still be on the hook for Tyron Smith when Zeke is up for his 2nd contract?