Ezekiel Elliott Thread: Should we Buy or Sell?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Re: Zeke's Value after all these incidents

Postby StableOfRBs » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:58 am

Adidas95 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:27 am So I must ask now, would you trade DJ for Zeke in non ppr?
No, but I also wouldn't have done the trade before all this nonsense either, because of how high of a % of his team's offense he is DJ has a higher floor than pretty much any other RB out there, he had 20 of the 46 TDs scored by the Cardinals last year with horrible QB play and a banged up OL, in contrast Zeke had 16 of the 48 TDs scored by the Cowboys with a QB who had the best rookie season any QB has ever had and the best OL in the NFL

Format shouldn't make a difference either way since last year DJ was better than in both PPR and standard, he's just too good of a receiver not to be (was the #1 ranked receiver by PFF last year) since total yards count for both formats and he'll never get scripted out of a game

If you're desperate for youth then make the play for Zeke since theres a 3 year age gap but I know personally I don't focus on more than a few years in the future for dynasty since so much can change with injuries and drafts and whatnot, especially at a volatile position like RB, but I just see very few situations in which Zeke will ever outscore DJ in nonPPR or PPR assuming they both play 16 games
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Is everybody taking notes on all the RBs the Cowboys are working out this week? Seems to me they are preparing for some sort of suspension for Zeke.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Adidas95 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:27 am So I must ask now, would you trade DJ for Zeke in non ppr?
Yes, but I would have already done that. The DJ/Zeke camps are already well established and some TMZ gossip isn't changing anybody's mind
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:46 pm

IBall2 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:29 pm Is everybody taking notes on all the RBs the Cowboys are working out this week? Seems to me they are preparing for some sort of suspension for Zeke.
I had the same exact thought today. But I still expect it to be a short suspension and shouldn't hurt his value.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:49 am

What off-field incidents? You mean a girl who made up fraudulent statements about Zeke and a guy who got knocked out by someone else? Child please.

No impact on his value whatsoever.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:33 am

Jason3123 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:49 am What off-field incidents? You mean a girl who made up fraudulent statements about Zeke and a guy who got knocked out by someone else? Child please.

But... but... he was near bad thing that made bad thing news! He shouldn't be allowed to play football! He should have to stay home all the time and only exist as a form of entertainment for others and only go to hospitals to visit children while not playing football and then go straight home!

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:36 am

_yeti wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:33 am
Jason3123 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:49 am What off-field incidents? You mean a girl who made up fraudulent statements about Zeke and a guy who got knocked out by someone else? Child please.

But... but... he was near bad thing that made bad thing news! He shouldn't be allowed to play football! He should have to stay home all the time and only exist as a form of entertainment for others and only go to hospitals to visit children while not playing football and then go straight home!
So basically Russell Wilson
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:46 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:36 am
_yeti wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:33 am

So basically Russell Wilson
Basically. He would also then need to be hated by his teammates too then, which it doesn't appear Zeke is. But somehow as fans we care more about what these guys do "off the field" in their spare time than if they are disliked off the field by their own team.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:51 am

Wouldn't be buying him anyway (the cost of snagging elite RBs is better allocated over multiple, less sexy assets in my opinion) but if I was an owner I certainly wouldn't be selling.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:14 pm

ZPalmtree wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:06 pm Doesn't change a bit for me. Just a kid going through life. Just happens to be under a microscope.
Not sure this is just a kid going through life. This is someone who has shown a pattern of bad decision making. Most "kids" don't do this. I'm not saying he's a monster, but I think to say he's just a kid is a cop out. At best, he makes terrible decisions that puts him on the edge of a sizable suspension. At worst, he's a scumbag who beats on women.

-Suspended after National Championship game. Joey Bosa moved out of their apartment to get away from him. He has the reputation of throwing parties and partaking in party drugs.
-Accused of domestic violence.
-Was at a weed shop and posted about it while the league has clear rules against the use of weed.
-St Patrick's day incident in which he pulled a girls top down on Greenville Avenue in front of thousands of people.
-2 car wrecks locally in the Frisco area.
-Misdemeanor speeding
-Accusations of assault at a night club.

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:49 am No impact on his value whatsoever.
When he gets 6-8 games, do you change your mind?

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Spinkso wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:14 pm
ZPalmtree wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:06 pm Doesn't change a bit for me. Just a kid going through life. Just happens to be under a microscope.
Not sure this is just a kid going through life. This is someone who has shown a pattern of bad decision making. Most "kids" don't do this. I'm not saying he's a monster, but I think to say he's just a kid is a cop out. At best, he makes terrible decisions that puts him on the edge of a sizable suspension. At worst, he's a scumbag who beats on women.

-Suspended after National Championship game. Joey Bosa moved out of their apartment to get away from him. He has the reputation of throwing parties and partaking in party drugs.
-Accused of domestic violence.
-Was at a weed shop and posted about it while the league has clear rules against the use of weed.
-St Patrick's day incident in which he pulled a girls top down on Greenville Avenue in front of thousands of people.
-2 car wrecks locally in the Frisco area.
-Misdemeanor speeding
-Accusations of assault at a night club.
Yawn. Reputation. Accused. Was at a party place. Was at a party place. Car wrecks? SPEEDING! Accused. Never any charges filed of anything but oh boy I really think that guy is a bad apple, my moral opinion of the gossip news of his life outweighs his skills on the field or his $100s of $Ms or possibly $1B of career value to the NFL, Cowboys, retailers, etc.

This attitude belongs in golf and not in the barbarian's world of football. To be clear, the commish, owners, coaches, shareholders, agents, players, everyone involved in the sport hates opinions like these or the need to police them for the public's bloodlust but sure, you can be that guy if you want. They suspend players for people like you but they do it to placate you, not because they remotely care.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:26 pm

Spinkso wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:16 pm
Nope.

When he gets zero, do you get off your high horse?

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:25 am

Spinkso wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:16 pm
It would only affect him redraft only. Not in dynasty. He turned 22 yesterday. He's going to miss 6-8 games at points in his career, whether injury or suspension. And how the hell do you get 6-8 games when you have no legal trouble lol? This TMZ witch hunt by the NFL is so pathetic.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:46 am

Spinkso, are you still butt hurt because you drafed Treadwell instead or something?

Your logic is horrible
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat