What round would YOU draft Marshawn Lynch?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

What round are you drafting Lynch? (In general and not specific to roster needs, Non-IDP, 12 team)

Poll ended at Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:01 pm

1st
8%
2nd
57%
3rd
22%
4th
5%
Not interested
8%

Total votes: 74

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

What round would YOU draft Marshawn Lynch?

Postby _yeti » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Debate is raging in another thread specific to one person's team. Poll is the best way to settle this!

I am not taking him until the 3rd.
Last edited by _yeti on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: What round would YOU draft Lynch?

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:28 pm

I had a bunch of rookie/veteran drafts this past weekend and he went, 1.09, 2.01, 1.06, 2.01, 1.09 & 2.03. Those were all 12 team PPR leagues. I would take him around mid 2nd for a win-now team.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:33 pm

I took him at 2.4 for a win-now team.

In another league, I traded him for draft picks that became Marlon Mack, Chad Williams, and Jake Butt. I took some flack from a few league members. I'm not sure how it'll play out, but I have a lot of RBs on my roster so I can cover it.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:44 pm

I brain-farted and thought this thread was referring to Paxton Lynch. Unfortunately, I only realized after voting. I don't see a way to change my vote.

I voted 'not interested'. Now that I understand it refers to Marshawn, I would vote for the 3rd round. Same as OP.

Even if Marshawn can turn back time to his '14 self and not his '15 self, don't doubt that Oakland will still find snaps to give to Richard and Washington, especially Richard. Lynch is definitely the leadback right now, but that probably isn't going to be anything like a workhorse role in Oakland. I'm guessing he'll average something like 13 carries a week. Despite the great offense in Oakland, Lynch may still only be a mid-low RB2 due to being in a committee, so I don't know that he's gonna be a true game-changer for win-now fantasy rosters.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:53 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:44 pm I brain-farted and thought this thread was referring to Paxton Lynch. Unfortunately, I only realized after voting. I don't see a way to change my vote.

I voted 'not interested'. Now that I understand it refers to Marshawn, I would vote for the 3rd round. Same as OP.

Even if Marshawn can turn back time to his '14 self and not his '15 self, don't doubt that Oakland will still find snaps to give to Richard and Washington, especially Richard. Lynch is definitely the leadback right now, but that probably isn't going to be anything like a workhorse role in Oakland. I'm guessing he'll average something like 13 carries a week. Despite the great offense in Oakland, Lynch may still only be a mid-low RB2 due to being in a committee, so I don't know that he's gonna be a true game-changer for win-now fantasy rosters.
Nice catch. I fixed the title and enabled vote changing on the poll

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What round would YOU draft Marshawn Lynch?

Postby skip » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:05 pm

Somewhere between the 3rd and not interested but for the sake of the poll I voted 3rd. Despite the number of leagues where he is being drafted even as early as the first round, I do not believe there are more than an owner or two in each league seriously looking at him until much later.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:18 pm

Good to see no one's picked 1st round yet.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:34 pm

Out of curiousity, where will everyone be taking him in a redraft league? He was there in my current MFL10 in the 3rd, but I took Crowell instead. I don't think he'll wrap back to my pick in the 4th though.

Edit: I took Crowell at 3.7. Marshawn went at 3.8.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:41 pm

Back of the second. The draft is pretty deep this year and I just don't understand paying so much for a rental with so much risk in the offseason. You'll be able to get someone of his caliber mid-season for a late first/early second, so why pay the same price and take on the risk that he gets injured and you get nothing? If you need him to be competitive early, you're almost certainly not the team that should be wasting picks on Lynch.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:56 pm

Late second possibly, more than likely early third.

He went 1.11 in my most recent draft.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:57 pm

jordanzs wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:34 pm Out of curiousity, where will everyone be taking him in a redraft league? He was there in my current MFL10 in the 3rd, but I took Crowell instead. I don't think he'll wrap back to my pick in the 4th though.

Edit: I took Crowell at 3.7. Marshawn went at 3.8.
Tbh I would still say the 4th or 5th round for me in a redraft. The reason is I am terrified of getting nothing out of my early round picks and want to insulate myself from danger with them and get a safe player (younger, not injury prone) who I can count on to hold up the team.

I think his dynasty and redraft value kind of aligns bc even in dynasty he is being drafted basically for the hopes of one big year and everything else on top of that isn't really that likely. Redraft is more comparable to a startup where he has to compete with all vets instead of rookies, a lot of which won't pan out, so it pushes him down a bit imo
Last edited by _yeti on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:09 pm

If I am contending I'd take him in the mid 2nd round. I was able to get him in one spot in the late 3rd in a huge rebuild but I think that is pretty much an outlier. Even if you don't think he will last a full season, there will be opportunities to turn him into a 1st most likely.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

TTHTD
Captain
Captain

Postby TTHTD » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:15 pm

If I'm competing and all the t2 RBs are gone I'm considering him. Probably around 2.03ish

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:42 am

I voted 2nd round. For a strong contender, the earliest I'd take him is probably 2.01. In a serious rebuild, the lowest I'd let him fall is the 3.01. In most other situations, mid/late 2nd is about where I'd start considering him.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:28 am

I'd be excited to take him in the mid second, but if you really want him you have to be prepared to take him early second and even then you still might not get him. Just not worried about taking him in the first because if he's taken there that likely means a better value is pushed to you in the second.

I get that there are reasons to doubt him, just know that if you're saying you wouldn't take him until the 3rd, you're effectively saying you're not interested because he won't be there. I also don't quite understand how a day 1 starting RB can only be worth a 3rd rounder despite his age/post retirement concerns. Who are you getting in the 3rd who even has a shot at being as productive and valuable as lynch? You can get anyone picked in the 3rd for lynch straight up later in the season if you want.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave