What round would YOU draft Marshawn Lynch?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

What round are you drafting Lynch? (In general and not specific to roster needs, Non-IDP, 12 team)

Poll ended at Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:01 pm

1st
8%
2nd
57%
3rd
22%
4th
5%
Not interested
8%

Total votes: 74

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What round would YOU draft Marshawn Lynch?

Postby maxhyde » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:48 am

jimmychoi wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:39 am
maxhyde wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:43 am meh...
I mean I don't expect the Raiders to run him into the ground...especially early in the season but Washington and Richard had better be much improved if they are splitting 30%-30%-40% with Lynch.
I think by game 4-6 Lynch will be the majority owner of carries and the more important the game the higher his carry ratio. Washington in particular didn't look great to me last year
Seems like that reporter is basing it off what LM received the previous year....not anything he's directly heard stated.
Yeah and even at 75% Lynch is better than Murray I'd bet
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:07 pm

Interesting that people are throwing aside a comment by a beat reporter yet eat up the idea that Gillislee is going to play the "Blount role" in the Patriots offense. That's not been stated by anyone either. Purely speculation and the community is running with it.

Lynch is going to continue to be the subject of controversy on this board. I owned him for several seasons, including in 2015. He needs to have a MAJOR bounce back or else he's going to look like complete crap on the field just like he did then. I don't expect his body to hold up at this point of his career either unless the Raiders limit his touches.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:16 pm

skip wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:07 pm Interesting that people are throwing aside a comment by a beat reporter yet eat up the idea that Gillislee is going to play the "Blount role" in the Patriots offense. That's not been stated by anyone either. Purely speculation and the community is running with it.
I mean, ignore whatever doesn't fit the narrative you want to believe, right?
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:04 pm

I'm starting to see how one could doubt that Lynch would put up the same production as Murray last year. I would think he'd be penciled in for similar production as Murray though and he probably has a higher theoretical ceiling. For those expecting an RB1 you're probably going to be disappointed. For those who would value Lynch's high-mid RB2 numbers you're probably safe taking him in the early 2nd.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:31 am

maxhyde wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:43 am Washington and Richard had better be much improved if they are splitting 30%-30%-40% with Lynch.
Why would they need to be 'much improved'? How much Oakland football did you actually watch?

There's a reason Jalen Richard is already an Oakland fan-favorite. Bet you aren't aware he was graded the most elusive RB in the league last year. If Richard 'much improves' beyond his form in '16, forget about Lynch, Richard will be a Pro Bowler. http://justblogbaby.com/2017/06/17/oakl ... ve-rb-nfl/. As for Washington, I'll concede he had some struggles at times, but he came on very strong to finish the season, and ended up within shouting distance of Richard's productivity.

Both these players did more than enough last year to practically guarantee touch-share this year. Indeed, considering LM for all his flaws was still an above average passing-down RB, going from LM to Lynch should only help Richard/Washington's passing-down usage share since pass-catching has never been a plus element to Lynch's game.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:43 am

^^ I have secured a share of one of these guys in nearly every league and agree 100% with nino on this (a rare occurrence no doubt) . Both guys will have a role and if one goes down then the other will be a weekly flex starter . If beast is a shadow of his previous self or if he gets injured you can win leagues with these 2 kids .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:12 am

He just sent 14th overall in our rookie draft over the weekend FWIW.

jpusmc0311
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jpusmc0311 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:19 am

jordanzs wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:34 pm Out of curiousity, where will everyone be taking him in a redraft league? He was there in my current MFL10 in the 3rd, but I took Crowell instead. I don't think he'll wrap back to my pick in the 4th though.

Edit: I took Crowell at 3.7. Marshawn went at 3.8.
In a dynasty league I'd take him mid to late 3rd round and in a redraft league I'd take him high to mid 2nd round... I don't see him playing more than 1 productive season... maybe two, but that could be a stretch.
Team 1: 10 TEAM PPR. 0.2 PPC 2QB 3RB 4WR 1TE 1FLEX 2IDP 1 D/ST 1K
QBs - Bridgewater, Cousins, Darnold, Rudolph
RBs - Miles Sanders, Ronald Jones, Mixon, Fournette, Mike Davis, Gio Bernard, T. Coleman, Damien Williams, Love
WRs - DHop, Chris Godwin, DK Metcalf, DJ Chark, Beckham Jr, DJ Moore, Sutton, Kirk, Edelman, Tre'Quan Smith, Anthony Miller, Van Jefferson, Jalen Guyton, Peoples-Jones, Marcus Johnson
TEs- Kittle, Hockenson, Tonyan, Njoku, Trautman
IDP: Lavonte David, Roquan Smith
K: Greg Zuerlein

Team 2: 12 Team PPR 1QB, 3RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX
QBs - Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Lock, Eason
RBs - Barkley, Cook, Swift, Cam Akers, Mack, K. Johnson,
WRs - Michael Thomas, A Robinson II, Chark Jr, Tee Higgins, Woods, Sutton, B Edwards, Hardman, Zach Pascal, Van Jefferson, Berrios, Gandy-Golden, Tyler Johnson, P Campbell
TE - Fant, Ebron, Kmet

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:36 pm

I took him with my 1.10, but I'm in a "win now" situation and I needed a rb2... outside of Bell, my rb situation has alot of "?s". Hunt went at the 1.9 slot out i would have taken him. If I wasn't in the situation I'm in, I wouldn't have touched Lynch before 2.8.
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:33 pm

He went at 1.09 in 16 team SF
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

coldfusion167
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby coldfusion167 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:38 am

I've had Lunch before holding on to him for a while after his retirement announcement. I'd take him in the 4th if he happens to still be available - otherwise I'm not interested. Been there before and he was banged up. He hasn't played and is definitely a risky pick. I wouldn't take him with any pick before the 4th imo.
TEAM 1: 14 Team PPR
QB: T. Lawrence, D. Carr
RB: K. Walker, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, J. Ford, Z. Charbonnet, R. Doodle
WR: T. Hill, S. Diggs, K. Allen, J. Meyers, D. Mooney, S. Moore, R. Moore, J. Palmer, K. Osborn, K. Shakir
TE: D. Waller, G. Everett