What round would YOU draft Marshawn Lynch?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

What round are you drafting Lynch? (In general and not specific to roster needs, Non-IDP, 12 team)

Poll ended at Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:01 pm

1st
8%
2nd
57%
3rd
22%
4th
5%
Not interested
8%

Total votes: 74

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: What round would YOU draft Marshawn Lynch?

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:34 am

I know I am on an island with this one, but I don't get the love. He was really, really ineffective the last time he played football. He is older and hasn't been playing. Why are people assuming he will go back to Beast Mode?
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:43 am

murphysxm wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:34 am I know I am on an island with this one, but I don't get the love. He was really, really ineffective the last time he played football. He is older and hasn't been playing. Why are people assuming he will go back to Beast Mode?
You are not on an island. The love is similar to the more faded but still there love for AP. Fact is, they were GREAT running backs. I love watching them both. But I agree, his last season he did absolutely nothing. A long layoff at his age is not something I think will make him more sharp, healed up maybe, but older.

Back to the why though, I think it is a lot of situation. His line sucked in Seattle, the WRs sucked, and he was really banged up. He's younger than AP and it isn't for sure he doesnt have a season or two in the tank as his last two seasons were really marred by injury. Good line, good young QB, good WRs so defenses wont stack the box, people figure a shot at even a fragment of the old beast mode at some point outweighs taking a shot at a likely busting rookie. I get it. But I'm not being that person. Give me the shot at the rookie, I trust my own eye and would rather take a shot at a guy with a whole career in front of him
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:04 am

jcc6fd wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:28 am I get that there are reasons to doubt him, just know that if you're saying you wouldn't take him until the 3rd, you're effectively saying you're not interested because he won't be there. I also don't quite understand how a day 1 starting RB can only be worth a 3rd rounder despite his age/post retirement concerns. Who are you getting in the 3rd who even has a shot at being as productive and valuable as lynch?
The problem is we are coming at this from two completely opposite directions. You are looking at this as a "Day 1 starter". I am looking at this as a 31 y/o RB who will give me only a half season of production in 2017 (and basically nothing in 2018) while being relatively ineffective over that span.

Don't get me wrong here...I am a fan of Lynch. I owned him for several seasons while he was dominant in Seattle and held him right up to retirement. I would very much like him to return to that level of production. Watching him over that half season in 2015, I don't think that's realistic.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:15 am

Took him at 2.09 for contending team weak at RB, most the upside rookies where already gone
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

jp67
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jp67 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:54 am

Three rookie drafts he went:

2.04 (The first round happened befor the news)
Draft was completed before the news but the owner spent entire off-season FAAB budget.

If you want him it looks like it is going to cost a late first. If you have a lter first you should be in contention so I would spend the pick.
12 Team Superflex
QB: Winston Flacco Kizer Peterman Rosen Tannehill
RB: Cook Conner Foreman Fournette Burkhead Yeldon Austin Grant Roc Thomas
WR: A Brown Coleman Funchess Enunwa Gallup Richardson
TE: Njouku Everett ASJ

12 Team
QB: Luck Mahommes
RB: Barkley Booker Conner Grant Duke Kerryon Alf AP Sproles Roc Thomas
WR:Berrios Carroo Enunwa Gallup Kirk Moncreif ROgers Tre'quan Sutton J Washington Chad &Tyrlel Williams
TE: Anderson Doyle Ebron Engram Hooper
2019-Two Firsts--Four Seconds

12 Team 1QB 2RB 3WR 2FX 1D 1K
QB: Cam Bradford Rosen
RB: Bell Guice Mack Buck Alllen Burkhead K. Johnson Abdullah Conner Walton
WR: Baldwin OBJ Golladay Alshon Funchess Kearse J Matt M Thomas K White K Cole Allen Hurns J Watson
TE: Gronk Anderson McDonald
D: Bengals

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:45 am

Lynch quit playing for SEA the second Butler intercepted the pass on the goalline in the SB. I don't care what he did with SEA from that point on and won't fault him for not looking great winding out his career.
If the passion is there in OAK and he feels like they are treating him right he is the best back in OAK by far and probably worth a late 1st early 2nd....I would probably only give up a mid 2nd in a draft for him but in bigger (14/16) team leagues starting 2RB I would give up a 1st easy after I see a game or 2 assuming he looks like I think he will
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:35 pm

2nd easily. Contenders who are an RB away or need a starter for bye weeks and insurance are going to take him . When you have a contender you roll the dice and try and win. 2nd round easily and i could also see late first depending on league setup. ( non ppr, shallow benches, league sizes 12 and bigger etc )
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:21 pm

He went 24th overall in a superflex league I'm in. I had pick 25 and would've grabbed him at that point if he was still there.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Postby KU Sucks » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:34 am

I took him in round 2 in our rookie/fa draft; I had picks 2.1 & 2.2. I wasn't really expecting him to be there, but at that point it was worth the risk.

roseyknee
Role Player
Role Player

Postby roseyknee » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:52 am

As long as a player I want didn't fall, I wouldn't let him fall past the mid 2nd, regardless of whether I'm contending or not. If he produces early, he could be flipped for 1st. If he starts slow, I think the hype will still be there and I'd imagine you could still salvage a late 2nd from a contender.

TTHTD
Captain
Captain

Postby TTHTD » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:53 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:41 pm Back of the second. The draft is pretty deep this year and I just don't understand paying so much for a rental with so much risk in the offseason. You'll be able to get someone of his caliber mid-season for a late first/early second, so why pay the same price and take on the risk that he gets injured and you get nothing? If you need him to be competitive early, you're almost certainly not the team that should be wasting picks on Lynch.

Youre assuming anyone will trade a precious starting RB mid season after injuries and busts... If I have a guy putting up high end RB2 numbers+ there is no way I'm selling him mid-season for even a high 2nd unless I'm super stacked at the position and even then it'd have to be a rental guy. Drafting Lynch is a smart, conservative play with upside if you're contending and weak at RB imo.

Checker1183
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Checker1183 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:39 pm

TTHTD wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:15 pm If I'm competing and all the t2 RBs are gone I'm considering him. Probably around 2.03ish

He went 2.03 in supplemental draft last weekend. Owner quickly flipped him and 1.04 for 1.02

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:36 am

Beat reporter projecting Lynch for less than 200 carries this year. http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/07/24/r ... backfield/

He's unlikely to catch many passes either, considering both Richard and Washington are exceptional there (Richard even had snaps splitting out wide).

My 13-carries-a-week projection may already be too optimistic.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:43 am

meh...
I mean I don't expect the Raiders to run him into the ground...especially early in the season but Washington and Richard had better be much improved if they are splitting 30%-30%-40% with Lynch.
I think by game 4-6 Lynch will be the majority owner of carries and the more important the game the higher his carry ratio. Washington in particular didn't look great to me last year
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:39 am

maxhyde wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:43 am meh...
I mean I don't expect the Raiders to run him into the ground...especially early in the season but Washington and Richard had better be much improved if they are splitting 30%-30%-40% with Lynch.
I think by game 4-6 Lynch will be the majority owner of carries and the more important the game the higher his carry ratio. Washington in particular didn't look great to me last year
Seems like that reporter is basing it off what LM received the previous year....not anything he's directly heard stated.