Jeff Heuerman

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jeff Heuerman

Postby skip » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:53 am

I'm curious why some owners want to be out there chasing down these guys. The TE situation in Denver is a HUGE mess and quite possibly the worst one for fantasy owners who invest any shares in regardless of your horse in the race. It looks even worse than the one in Baltimore (if that's even possible).

Someone suggested the TE to own there is Virgil Green. Heading into his 7th season, he is coming off the best season of his career 22-237-1 (12 games) which means he's averaging less than 2-20 per contest. If that is the best the Broncos have to offer then it's a sad situation in Mile High.

All cards on the table, I own Jake Butt only because he was on the board at 5.09 with what I considered no other viable options. I am not expecting anything from him.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:12 am

skip wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:53 am I'm curious why some owners want to be out there chasing down these guys. The TE situation in Denver is a HUGE mess and quite possibly the worst one for fantasy owners who invest any shares in regardless of your horse in the race. It looks even worse than the one in Baltimore (if that's even possible).

Someone suggested the TE to own there is Virgil Green. Heading into his 7th season, he is coming off the best season of his career 22-237-1 (12 games) which means he's averaging less than 2-20 per contest. If that is the best the Broncos have to offer then it's a sad situation in Mile High.

All cards on the table, I own Jake Butt only because he was on the board at 5.09 with what I considered no other viable options. I am not expecting anything from him.
I clicked on this to find out why there are two pages on Jeff Heuerman. I know it's a dead part of the offseason but still. I do appreciate the intensity of this forum for things like this sometimes though. It's paid out for deep guys like Julius Thomas, Cam Meredith & Dion Lewis.

Agree with skip, if you're digging this deep, man, you're desperate for a TE. Totally agreed on Virgil Green - he's had his chances. Why would he suddenly get better now?
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:40 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:12 am Agree with skip, if you're digging this deep, man, you're desperate for a TE. Totally agreed on Virgil Green - he's had his chances. Why would he suddenly get better now?
If Green hasn't gotten it done yet, he is likely already at his ceiling.

They traded for Derby after 1.5 years of having Heuerman in-house, so I'm not sure that's the best sign that the front office has high hopes for Heuerman.

Butt is definitely a red-shirt guy for this year, and I completely don't understand the hate for a guy who won the John Mackey Award in the most recent college season and only went in the 5th round because of a bowl game injury.

I agree with the above though... if this is the spot your looking for a reliable weekly TE, you're probably in bad shape at the position.

If you're just looking for a lottery ticket, I think that Derby is the best bet out of the whole bunch, for this upcoming season at least. He has now been there for an entire offseason and they traded for him for a reason.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:12 am

Or you could be a guy in a 20 team league that starts 2 TE's
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Postby jonf86 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:32 pm

I have Heuerman rostered in a TE premium 14 team league, where you can start up to 4 Tight ends. Of the currently healthy Tight Ends on the Broncos roster, Heuerman appears to be the most well rounded. I think he will come out of Training Camp as the starter and have a chance to prove himself before Butt gets healthy. Reports out of camp so far have been pretty solid.

In deep leagues with a TE premium, no reason why he shouldn't be rostered. There's still an unknown quality to him and if he can stay healthy he'll get a shot. In virtually all other leagues, wouldn't bother with him until he shows something.
QB: D. Watson, T. Taylor, J. Driskel, J. Johnson, C. Rush, N. Sudfeld, M. White
RB: C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Samuels, D. Pumphrey
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
16 Team Dynasty (PPR). Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, FLEX, SFLEX
2018 Champs

QB: M. Stafford, J. Garoppolo
RB: I. Crowell, J. Williams, A. Abdullah, C.J. Anderson
WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs
Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, OP