Jeff Heuerman

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Jeff Heuerman

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:14 pm

He's listed as the third TE on the depth chart and largely disregarded in favour of Jake Butt, but Heuerman seems pretty primed for a breakout this season. He was picking up the bulk of the snaps towards the end of the season, leading the TEs over the last several weeks. He's not an athletic freak, but he seems on par with a Shaheen type player and he has the pedigree as a third round pick.

There is a ridiculous amount of TE prospects right now, so I understand how he gets lost in the mix, but he seems like a really cheap pickup that could produce as soon as this year.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Jeff Heuerman

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:42 pm

He's not even close to shaheen athletically, as in shaheen is much bigger and still more athletic.. But I agree maybe he does get a shot this year.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:51 pm

I think AJ Derby is the guy that gets the first shot here. Hard to say what McCoy will do with the TE's this year but he has shown a tendency to lean on them in the past. I think all of them are a crapshoot in terms of fantasy this year though.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:16 pm

He's 3rd if you exclude Butt, 4th if you dont.

Derby & Virgil Green top 2
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:57 pm

yeah, i wouldn't worry about Butt. He's a name, but not a talent.

Green is who I would worry about him having to pass up.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:10 pm

Non tight end premium this name is irrelevant but I appreciate the deep thought as looking at depth charts is key in winning leagues.
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Goirish374 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:57 pm yeah, i wouldn't worry about Butt. He's a name, but not a talent.

Green is who I would worry about him having to pass up.
Butt would've been a 2nd guy without the knee injury. Wouldn't dismiss him that quickly plus he's ahead of his recovery schedule.

Green has shown he's just not capable of taking on a bigger role.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:27 am

Goirish374 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:57 pm yeah, i wouldn't worry about Butt. He's a name
Say no more!

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:29 am

jeffster wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:27 am
Goirish374 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:57 pm yeah, i wouldn't worry about Butt. He's a name
Say no more!
butt sucks :shh:

as to heuerman, i really liked his chances comming out, but he hasnt been able to stay healthy. we havent really seen enough here to form an opinion...if you were on to him, and have him stashed...he has to be near the end of your bench. it isnt likely that we know much by cut down time. i actually own him on a few teams and have tried buying on others....a 2018 3rd in my 16 teamers (with no offseason roster limits) has not landed him thus far. i think thats more than fair to buy as of now (assuming they will sell)...but my guess is that the concensus can either or would rather just pick him up off waivers.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:05 am

Why do people think Butt sucks? What are we basing this off? I don't think he does much this year, but I wouldn't expect any rookie TE to. The acl injury doesn't really scare me for that reason, because it will take a year or two for him to develop and produce anyway. So yes, maybe Heuerman has some value this year, but I wouldn't expect much long-term.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:14 am

Heuerman was just another bad draft pick by Elway on the offensive-side of the ball. As per usual.

Meanwhile he's about to get a huge raise, reportedly. I laughed out loud when I read it. Elway has done well making picks for the defense, but for a HoF QB, he's ironically garbage at picking OL/WR/RB/TE/QB (Lynch is gonna be bust, too).

I'm actually ticked off about it, so I'm gonna mollify myself by tooting my own horn: I specifically predicted during '16's offseason that 1.) the Broncos O would stink 2.) the Broncos D would take a step back from their all-world '15 form 3.) the result would be an 8-8 record and they'd miss the playoffs 4.) Kubiak would be scapegoated and fired. Pretty sure you can even find a post somewhere on this board stating all that. Obvoiusly, I nailed it 99%. Only thing I got wrong was that they were 9-7 instead of 8-8. smh

If a random asshole on the internet like me was able to use my non-existing crystal ball to this effect, how does John Elway get a raise for NOT seeing it coming? Gah.

(edited to specify Heuerman, i.e. the thread-topic, not Butt)
Last edited by ninotoreS on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:18 am

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:14 am Just another bad draft pick by Elway on the offensive-side of the ball. As per usual.

Meanwhile he's about to get a huge raise, reportedly. I laughed out loud when I read it. Elway has done well making picks for the defense, but for a HoF QB, he's ironically garbage at picking OL/WR/RB/TE/QB (Lynch is gonna be bust, too).
What's your reasoning though? As far as I know, he was regarded as one of the top TEs in college last year.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:25 am

Goddard wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:18 am
ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:14 am Just another bad draft pick by Elway on the offensive-side of the ball. As per usual.

What's your reasoning though? As far as I know, he was regarded as one of the top TEs in college last year.
Sorry. What I just posted was basically a sh*t-post because it wasn't helpful. I'll be constructive now:

Heuerman was projected around a 5th round pick on most boards, so Elway reached making him a Day 2 pick. His college production (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... man-1.html) and metrics (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=TE, https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/jeff-heuerman/) also didn't support him being picked that highly. Heuerman wasn't even a plus run-blocker in college. Granted, it was a terrible class for TEs in '15, but bad GMs reach on the basis of need, and that's exactly what Elway did.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:32 am

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:25 am
Goddard wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:18 am

Sorry. You're right. What I just posted was basically a sh*t-post because it wasn't helpful. I'll fix that:

Heuerman was projected around a 5th round pick on most boards, so Elway reached making him a Day 2 pick. His college production (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... man-1.html) and metrics (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=TE, https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/jeff-heuerman/) also didn't support him being picked that highly. Heuerman wasn't even a plus run-blocker in college. Granted, it was a terrible class for TEs in '15, but bad GMs reach on the basis of need, and that's exactly what Elway did.
I thought your first post was regarding Butt, not Heuerman. As for Elway's picks, I can't really argue with you. I was more asking about why people seem to be down on Butt and thought you were responding to that.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:39 am

Oh, I like Butt much better as a pick than Heuerman. Butt's also a Day 3 pick, so if he doesn't work out, it's no great loss.

Butt vs Heuerman? Give me Butt. I don't expect him to become a decent fantasy TE1, though. I just expect even less of Heuerman.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE