BEASTMODE at 1.07?!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: BEASTMODE at 1.07?!

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:06 pm

Goddard wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:48 pm I don't really know what the majority think and don't really care. I was responding to, I think Ditka, who posted that the majority of twitter and DLF polls suggest that he's worth a 3rd, and yet he's going much earlier. So I'm saying that it only takes one owner in a league to take him early, even if the majority think he's not worth that.
Fair enough, and logically plausible. I'd suggest that since he's not fallen into the 3rd in a single league that it should be viewed as nearly impossible that the majority thinks he's worth a 3rd.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:41 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:06 pm
Goddard wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:48 pm I don't really know what the majority think and don't really care. I was responding to, I think Ditka, who posted that the majority of twitter and DLF polls suggest that he's worth a 3rd, and yet he's going much earlier. So I'm saying that it only takes one owner in a league to take him early, even if the majority think he's not worth that.
Fair enough, and logically plausible. I'd suggest that since he's not fallen into the 3rd in a single league that it should be viewed as nearly impossible that the majority thinks he's worth a 3rd.
I'm not disputing that the majority don't think he's worth a 3rd. I'd also agree that the majority probably put his value somewhere in the 2nd. I'm just not one of them. Also, as a Raiders fan and someone who enjoyed watching Lynch play in the past, I hope I'm wrong and he does perform well...I'm just not holding my breath and am trying to be realistic.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:45 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:20 pm So the argument now is that every league has only one owner who likes him enough to draft him late first/early second but is simply unaware of how the rest of his league values Lynch? Come on guys. He's worth an early 2nd.
He went 1.9 in my Rookie draft this weekend. The owner is in a rebuild mode but desperate too. He was that one owner. They are out there for sure however could be other owners that would but once he is gone no one is admitting that. :lol:

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:03 pm

At the risk of running dueling convos, settle this with a poll! (which I just made, link below). I am sticking with the prediction of a pretty clear majority of people voting 3rd.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=144333
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

WIZARD BEATZ
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby WIZARD BEATZ » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:36 am

Keep us updated on where Lynch actually goes if you decide to pass and take Williams (which would be the smart move).
Sorry for the delay, I got caught up in the draft, which is still ongoing. Currently, pick 3.05 is up, with my 3.07 coming up soon :D

Anyway, a lot of action in this draft. This is my first slow draft and honestly, it has been one of the most memorable and fun drafts I have been in, in the past 10 years. Just some background I am in a 10-man league, with details in my sig, but I was invited as a friend of a friend to this league, so I only know one person in this league, some of these picks are pretty questionable by my league-mates. This is one of the main reasons I was hesitant with the 1.07 to go for Lynch and would have 100% traded the pick back IF Mike Williams didn't fall to me. Sadly he may miss the whole season (2 days after I draft him with a surgery, but I did not need him active this year anyway). Anyway here is my draft choices below followed by my league's full picks underneath.

1.07 - Mike Williams

2.02 - BEASTMODE https://youtu.be/r8Rh6KuuH6w
(I traded 2.07, 2.XX-2018, and Emmanuel Sanders for Ameer Abdullah and 2.02)
Logic behind trade - Sanders is 30 and still has a QB battle going on in Denver. He was my WR6, and I anticipate Willie Snead jump ahead of him, plus Mike Williams is here with Rd1 pick. My 2018 2nd Rd pick should be 2.10, as I will not be denied this season so it was expendable. Abdullah gives me youth back at RB and I would rank him behind tier 1RB Rooies but ahead of tier2, making him equivalent to a first rd talent in this draft. This allowed me to be OK with grabbing Lynch, even if it felt a little early. I heard whispers of him being taken with the 2.04, but given the way the draft went, he would have been there at 2.07 and maybe even into the 3rd.

3.07 TBD

I also managed to trade 1.XX-2018 for Drew Brees straight up to a team in rebuild mode (this is only our 2nd season) So anyone telling me I need QB depth, it's been addressed. Next season's draft has great QB talent and if I like someone I will trade players for a pick to get back into the 1st rd. Also, Watson, Mahomes, and Kizer are all still available currently.

1.01 Leonard Fournette
1.02 Corey Davis
1.03 Christian McCaffrey
1.04 Joe Mixon
1.05 Dalvin Cook
1.06 Samaje Perine
1.07 Mike Williams
1.08 O.J. Howard
1.09 Evan Engram
1.10 Curtis Samuel

2.01 David Njoku
2.02 BEASTMODE
2.03 John Ross
2.04 Kareem Hunt
2.05 Jamaal Williams
2.06 Zay Jones
2.07 Marlon Mack
2.08 Alvin Kamara
2.09 Joe Williams
2.10 Bucky Hodges

3.01 Cooper Kupp
3.02 JuJu Smith-Schuster
3.03 Mitchell Trubisky
3.04 D’Onta Foreman
3.05 CURRENT PICK

Remaining TOp 50 Rookies Available:
Chris Godwin TB
D'Onta Foreman HOU
Carlos Henderson DEN
Taywan Taylor TEN
ArDarius Stewart NYJ
Wayne Gallman NYG
Deshaun Watson HOU
Kenny Golladay DET
Patrick Mahomes KC
Gerald Everett LAR
James Conner PIT
Jeremy McNichols TB
Josh Reynolds LAR
Chad Williams ARI
Mitch Trubisky CHI
Jake Butt DEN
Amara Darboh SEA
Aaron Jones GB
Jonnu Smith TEN
DeShone Kizer CLE
Adam Shaheen CHI
Donnel Pumphrey PHI
Dede Westbrook JAC
Ryan Switzer DAL
Chad Hansen NYJ
Elijah McGuire NYJ
Josh Malone CIN
Malachi Dupre GB
George Kittle SF
Tarik Cohen CHI
10 Teams - 29 Active - 2 IR - 0.5pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, 1pt per 25 Return Yards - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1K, 1DST
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford, B. Bortles, J. Goff
RB: M. Gordon, J. Howard, J. Ajayi, A. Abdullah, B. Powell, T. West, J. McKinnon
WR: O. Beckham, T. Hilton, M. Thomas, T. Hill, A. Robinson, W. Snead, M. Williams, M. Mitchell, R. Anderson, K. White, J. Gordon
TE: J. Reed, Z. Miller, C. Clay, V. Davis
D/ST: Miami
K: N. Novak
Picks 1.07, 2.07, 3.07 (3 Round Draft)

(Bold blue indicates likely seasonal starters)

WIZARD BEATZ
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby WIZARD BEATZ » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:52 am

Goddard wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:41 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:06 pm
I'm not disputing that the majority don't think he's worth a 3rd. I'd also agree that the majority probably put his value somewhere in the 2nd. I'm just not one of them. Also, as a Raiders fan and someone who enjoyed watching Lynch play in the past, I hope I'm wrong and he does perform well...I'm just not holding my breath and am trying to be realistic.
As a Raiders fan you should be used to holding your breath at RB productivity, given all those hyped up DMC years :biggrin:
I'm a Fins fan, so I feel your pain by the way. :x
10 Teams - 29 Active - 2 IR - 0.5pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, 1pt per 25 Return Yards - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1K, 1DST
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford, B. Bortles, J. Goff
RB: M. Gordon, J. Howard, J. Ajayi, A. Abdullah, B. Powell, T. West, J. McKinnon
WR: O. Beckham, T. Hilton, M. Thomas, T. Hill, A. Robinson, W. Snead, M. Williams, M. Mitchell, R. Anderson, K. White, J. Gordon
TE: J. Reed, Z. Miller, C. Clay, V. Davis
D/ST: Miami
K: N. Novak
Picks 1.07, 2.07, 3.07 (3 Round Draft)

(Bold blue indicates likely seasonal starters)