BEASTMODE at 1.07?!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: BEASTMODE at 1.07?!

Postby Goddard » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:22 am

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:14 am
Goddard wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:54 am Guys like Murray and McCoy are 2 years younger and can probably be had for the 1.07 and maybe something smaller on top. Or even younger players like Lamar Miller, Crowell, and Hyde shouldn't cost you that much more than the 1.07 (maybe add your 2nd). I'd much rather have any of those players, even if it meant adding something else, than taking Lynch that early.
First of all, McCoy is worth more than all of those younger guys and you're not touching him for less than an early first. I doubt you'd get Murray for the 1.07 either.

Secondly 1.07 for Lynch isn't insane. If you doubt his ability to return at full effectiveness that's warranted, but there's a reasonable belief that he could be an RB1 this year. Even if he's older that production could make him worth more than anyone you get in the late first. I'd feel more comfortable getting him in the early second (he won't last longer) so I'd advise against taking him at 1.07. Just thought someone needed to speak out regarding the reality of Lynch's rookie draft capital. Not only will it be impossible to get him in the 3rd but that's also severely undervaluing him.
Yes, McCoy and Murray are worth more than the 1.07, which is why I said you'd have to add something small. I'm certainly not adding another 1st to the 1.07 to get either, so I would assume a 2nd on top might be enough for some owners to move those two.

As for Lynch being a RB1 this year, I would strongly disagree. Unless you think he's going to get 20 carries per game and score double digit TDs, while staying healthy all year. I know some people think that he will, but I'm not betting on it...especially with the 1.07.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:38 am

I know there are a lot of posts where they would take Lynch around late 2nd or 3rd round BUT he is not falling anywhere near 3rd round in fact in most rookie drafts I have seen he is going much sooner that. I'm in the middle of a 12 team PPR where you start 1QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, and 1-3 TE. He went 1.9 to a team in rebuild mode(head scratcher). I own both D.Washington and J. Richard and owned the 1.5 which I selected Corey Davis and had no intention of taking Lynch unless he made it to 2.8 and maybe, just maybe I would have pulled the trigger though I doubt it. I'm not a Lynch believer at this point.

If you want Lynch you will need to spend a 1st or early 2nd round pick in my opinion. I would not do that due to who is left on the board who will give much longer point production for the long haul. The point is there is an owner in your league crazy enough to use a 1st or 2nd on Lynch. Only you know who that might be and maybe it's you. I say take him if you want him it's your team pick the players you want. I strongly would recommend you don't but you run your team and will need to spend that type of capital on him plain and simple. Good Luck on your draft.

WIZARD BEATZ
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby WIZARD BEATZ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:40 am

First of all, McCoy is worth more than all of those younger guys and you're not touching him for less than an early first. I doubt you'd get Murray for the 1.07 either.

Secondly 1.07 for Lynch isn't insane. If you doubt his ability to return at full effectiveness that's warranted, but there's a reasonable belief that he could be an RB1 this year. Even if he's older that production could make him worth more than anyone you get in the late first. I'd feel more comfortable getting him in the early second (he won't last longer) so I'd advise against taking him at 1.07. Just thought someone needed to speak out regarding the reality of Lynch's rookie draft capital. Not only will it be impossible to get him in the 3rd but that's also severely undervaluing him.
Thank you, atleast I feel like I am not the only one who finds this a worthwhile scenario. I do still feel in my gut that 1.07 is too high for him and am probably still leaning on Howard as my pick IF I can't trade back. I think if I can trade back a few picks Beastmode will be worth it as I get him and something else, making me feel better about passing on a talent like Howard.
10 Teams - 29 Active - 2 IR - 0.5pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, 1pt per 25 Return Yards - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1K, 1DST
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford, B. Bortles, J. Goff
RB: M. Gordon, J. Howard, J. Ajayi, A. Abdullah, B. Powell, T. West, J. McKinnon
WR: O. Beckham, T. Hilton, M. Thomas, T. Hill, A. Robinson, W. Snead, M. Williams, M. Mitchell, R. Anderson, K. White, J. Gordon
TE: J. Reed, Z. Miller, C. Clay, V. Davis
D/ST: Miami
K: N. Novak
Picks 1.07, 2.07, 3.07 (3 Round Draft)

(Bold blue indicates likely seasonal starters)

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:42 am

Goddard wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:22 am As for Lynch being a RB1 this year, I would strongly disagree. Unless you think he's going to get 20 carries per game and score double digit TDs, while staying healthy all year. I know some people think that he will, but I'm not betting on it...especially with the 1.07.
Exactly. I don't think any of those things are happening. He looked a shell of himself two years ago when he was on the field and then missed a lot of time in addition to that. There is no reason to believe he comes in ready to put up RB1 numbers.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

WIZARD BEATZ
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby WIZARD BEATZ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:53 am

I know there are a lot of posts where they would take Lynch around late 2nd or 3rd round BUT he is not falling anywhere near 3rd round in fact in most rookie drafts I have seen he is going much sooner that. I'm in the middle of a 12 team PPR where you start 1QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, and 1-3 TE. He went 1.9 to a team in rebuild mode(head scratcher). I own both D.Washington and J. Richard and owned the 1.5 which I selected Corey Davis and had no intention of taking Lynch unless he made it to 2.8 and maybe, just maybe I would have pulled the trigger though I doubt it. I'm not a Lynch believer at this point.

If you want Lynch you will need to spend a 1st or early 2nd round pick in my opinion. I would not do that due to who is left on the board who will give much longer point production for the long haul. The point is there is an owner in your league crazy enough to use a 1st or 2nd on Lynch. Only you know who that might be and maybe it's you. I say take him if you want him it's your team pick the players you want. I strongly would recommend you don't but you run your team and will need to spend that type of capital on him plain and simple. Good Luck on your draft.
Thanks for the feedback and the luck, maybe I do get lucky and Mike Williams falls in my lap avoiding this whole dilemma, theres still a chance... My starting (top10) 3 RBs are all 24yo or younger so I have the long haul RB covered, better than anyone in my league. So guys that have opportunity, but still need to beat others out (Perine, Foreman who just f*cked himself, Hunt and Kamara) do give long term production, if they win the jobs, but feel just as risky as an old vet that is the RB1 on a winning offense. My main strat with my team was to draft value and draft young. I finished with 1 loss last season and steamrolled most weeks, lost in the playoffs after Gordon went down and Chris Boswell put up 30pts against me :wall:. My goal is now to win now, and I think Lynch gives me a good shot as he is a player that, if healthy, can contribute immediately to the cause.
10 Teams - 29 Active - 2 IR - 0.5pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, 1pt per 25 Return Yards - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1K, 1DST
RB: M. Gordon, J. Howard, J. Ajayi, A. Abdullah, B. Powell, T. West, J. McKinnon
WR: O. Beckham, T. Hilton, M. Thomas, T. Hill, A. Robinson, W. Snead, M. Williams, M. Mitchell, R. Anderson, K. White, J. Gordon

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:24 am

WIZARD BEATZ wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:53 am

Thanks for the feedback and the luck, maybe I do get lucky and Mike Williams falls in my lap avoiding this whole dilemma, theres still a chance... My starting (top10) 3 RBs are all 24yo or younger so I have the long haul RB covered, better than anyone in my league. So guys that have opportunity, but still need to beat others out (Perine, Foreman who just f*cked himself, Hunt and Kamara) do give long term production, if they win the jobs, but feel just as risky as an old vet that is the RB1 on a winning offense. My main strat with my team was to draft value and draft young. I finished with 1 loss last season and steamrolled most weeks, lost in the playoffs after Gordon went down and Chris Boswell put up 30pts against me :wall:. My goal is now to win now, and I think Lynch gives me a good shot as he is a player that, if healthy, can contribute immediately to the cause.
I say pull the trigger then and get your guy. I can see a narrative where all of the non-Lynch supporters will be wishing they grabbed him when they had the chance including me. This happens all the time. The story of Lynch returning to Oakland is a good one. You are in a win now and can afford to take a hit if you're wrong.

WIZARD BEATZ
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby WIZARD BEATZ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:56 pm

UPDATE***

PERINE went at 1.06 so Williams fell to me. I got 24hrs to pull the trigger so I'm doing a little shopping right now. Lynch could still be in play, just at a later pick.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:05 pm

WIZARD BEATZ wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:16 am Wanted to bounce an idea off the boards here - In my league's rookie/FA draft I am the 1.07 pick with players so far off the board being, LF, CD, CMC, JM, DC, 1.06 on clock still. The question is given my team listed in sig I am pretty stacked at every position with no immediate positions to fill. Do I grab BEASTMODE at 1.07, instead of cracking the second tier of RB (Hunt, Perine, Kamara, Foreman) and forgoing Howard/Njoku. I have youth on my side ant top 10 talent in my top3 RBs, and I have Reed as my TE1, backed up by Miller and Clay for the time being. I would lean towards a rookie TE in rd3 (Kittles/Smith). 1. My logic is I can get 2 productive seasons out of Marshawn Lynch, to help my team to win now, as my team is already set for win later given depth and age.

No one seems to be big on Lynch at all but 2. I know he will not slide to me at 2.07 pick. An option is to try to trade back a few picks and get some more draft capitol or another decent player, if I can and still snag Lynch anyway.

Tell me your thoughts :think:
1. I would be shocked if you got two productive seasons from him. I don't even expect one, to be honest. I'd take Perine without a thought...and Howard would probably be my next choice.

2. Are you really sure he won't be there at 2.07? I'd still be passing on him at that point. If you really want him and believe, I bet he falls to 2.07 no problem.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:07 pm

WIZARD BEATZ wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:56 pm UPDATE***

PERINE went at 1.06 so Williams fell to me. I got 24hrs to pull the trigger so I'm doing a little shopping right now. Lynch could still be in play, just at a later pick.
You can almost assuredly sell Williams for Lynch + if he doesn't get back to you at 2.07

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:48 pm

I think you'd be better paying for Lynch or a rb in season if needed rather than take Lynch at 1.07
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:39 pm

WIZARD BEATZ wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:03 am
I don't like Ross at all so definitely wouldn't be my choice. Just giving you advice to keep you from wasting that pick on Lynch. I am not expecting him to make it thru any more than half of 2017 and be relatively ineffective even when he does play. There are a lot of cheaper options out there I'd rather try to obtain. Someone like Blount should have a much better year at a lower cost.
Thanks, I dig the ideas and that is what the post is up for. I still don't quite agree, as I think the time off has helped him recover his body, ala AP when he had a season off. I also lived in Oakland the better part of the last 5 years, and know that when he takes the field during home town games, that place will be electric and he will put on a show for that crowd. He has always been a player that puts in the work, and has been healthy and well conditioned for most of his career, despite high carries. Although people see him as just a power back, he's kind of unique in the way he runs and his wide stance, that he never gives defenders a square shot against him being quite elusive for his size. Also that line in Oakland is great, they have to respect the receivers and Carr, and we know Lynch has great hands. I see him staying healthy after his time off and great Oline, and outproducing a subpar RB like Lat Murray who put up great numbers, but lacked ball carrier vision and missed holes for days.
Problem with Lynch, is back issues aren't something that tend to go away. You'll seem fine right up until you aren't. Further, my guess is that the Raiders aren't planning to load him up with carries given the effectiveness of their backups. Why risk it? Finally, the time to grab rentals is before the trade deadline when you know whether you're in the playoffs or not and you know the target is still healthy when you need him. Personally, I'd still go John Ross even with Williams on the board, but I can understand either of those guys. I get the love for Howard, but TE is so deep it's ridiculous. I grabbed Kittle at the back of the 3rd in a 16 team league. I'd go with one of the receivers or trade the pick. You could probably grab someone like Abdullah, who has about as much chance at staying healthy and productive as Lynch, but is significantly younger.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Keep us updated on where Lynch actually goes if you decide to pass and take Williams (which would be the smart move).

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:43 pm

If you really want him try and trade back just before your buddies pick and pick up a 2018 first.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Just saw this. Pick Williams or trade back picking up another asset like a 1st if you can
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:23 pm

OJ Howard hands down. Him or Williams are easily top two choices. You got nuttin' behind Reed dude.