Foreman arrested

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Foreman arrested

Postby Goirish374 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:44 pm

teprovich88 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:36 pm https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/886668631383396352

If the lawyer's statement holds true, then hopefully Foreman will get by without any major issues. Hopefully.
I mean, that's what they want us to believe.

It's far more likely that the arresting officers' sergeant got a look at this in the morning and the conversation went something like:

"Jesus f#$k what have you done."
"Sarge! Pot. Weapon. It was pretty easy, actually."
"Do you know who this is? This is the sacred cow of the DLF forums. You can't just go and arrest him. F#*k. It's like working with a bunch of six year olds."
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:49 pm

Whyyyyyyyyy are people soooooo stuuuuuuupid?

Hey bro, here's a dump truck full of cash. What? You don't want it? Okay, I guess I'll just drive it away then. Tell Josh Gordon I said hi
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:52 pm

Just a small sample of his decision making abilities.

Not good.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:57 pm

I don't know why everyone is panicking so much. As someone noted, this just gives Alfred Blue some hope to keep his job.

Besides all it takes is a kick bleep workout video posted to Twitter and a pep talk to some high school cheerleaders to put someone right back into the loving arms of this forum.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:00 pm

skip wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:57 pm I don't know why everyone is panicking so much. As someone noted, this just gives Alfred Blue some hope to keep his job.

Besides all it takes is a kick bleep workout video posted to Twitter and a pep talk to some high school cheerleaders to put someone right back into the loving arms of this forum.
:clap: True. But what if we actually wanted him to play good in the football matches?
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:05 pm

Not a smart thing to do or situation to put yourself in (if that is actually what took place). His UA will tell the story on the weed in this case and the gun could be cleared with a good lawyer. Bad start and puts him already on thin ice at best. I took him in one out of 4 drafts this weekend, kind of glad i diversified when the chance presented itself. He is and was planned as an end of bench stash where i have him, so it does not worry me with little invested.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:32 pm

teprovich88 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:36 pm https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/886668631383396352

If the lawyer's statement holds true, then hopefully Foreman will get by without any major issues. Hopefully.
From the twitter comments (take them for what you will obviously) it seems if what the lawyer says is true about the gun by itself being legally owned, it was only "unlawful" b/c it was in the car with the weed, however his friend was supposedly the one with the weed. Seems like a case he can beat for sure especially if he tests clean. Hopefully this is a good lesson for the young man that he can't be putting himself in situations like these.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:42 pm

If everything comes back as legit:

1. Gun was legally owned
2. 0 association with the Mary Jane

Then Foreman hasn't done anything wrong, and the forum overreacts again. I believe someone mentioned before that he did not have any legal issues during his time at Texas so there shouldn't be any Josh Gordon bells ringing.

Imagine disassociating yourself with people you've been close to for years, at the snap of a finger, because you're in the NFL. I would believe that is pretty damn difficult to do...now, it's the Texans' responsibility to educate Foreman and make sure he's aware of what sketchy people can drag him into...again, may seem obvious and that Foreman should know this but some times it takes is a wake-up call.

And if I'm wrong and Foreman has something wrong, then **** me right? :whistle:

Knox Steel Curtain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Knox Steel Curtain » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Never thought he was anything special. In his film he is running through huge holes against horrendous Big12 defenses. Teams taking Foreman should have been looking at a back like James Conner in that spot if the tight ends were off the board. Sure he is innocent according to his attorney lol. Also, what about the lazy and out of shape reports he got as well. This guy did not even make it to preseason before being a bust. I hope no one took him in the first.

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:45 pm

Knox Steel Curtain wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:46 pm Never thought he was anything special. In his film he is running through huge holes against horrendous Big12 defenses. Teams taking Foreman should have been looking at a back like James Conner in that spot if the tight ends were off the board. Sure he is innocent according to his attorney lol. Also, what about the lazy and out of shape reports he got as well. This guy did not even make it to preseason before being a bust. I hope no one took him in the first.
I feel like you may be jumping the gun a little bit here...

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:08 pm

GhostOfMasoli wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:42 pm 1. Gun was legally owned
Agree on the gun. As far as the marijuana, Bell wasn't "associated" with the stuff in the car he was in with Blount and got suspended anyway.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:50 pm

skip wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:08 pm
Agree on the gun. As far as the marijuana, Bell wasn't "associated" with the stuff in the car he was in with Blount and got suspended anyway.
Didn't Bell get a DWI or DUI charge out of it?
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:00 pm

jtd1387 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:50 pm
skip wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:08 pm
Didn't Bell get a DWI or DUI charge out of it?
No. The details were that the officer smelled marijuana and there was some found in the car. As part of his sentencing, his license was suspended and he had to take DUI class but there was no such charge, just an assumption of guilt. Fwiw, Bell has also never tested positive either. I'm not suggesting that he hasn't used it but league only cares about appearances.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:59 pm

Knox Steel Curtain wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:46 pm Never thought he was anything special. In his film he is running through huge holes against horrendous Big12 defenses. Teams taking Foreman should have been looking at a back like James Conner in that spot if the tight ends were off the board. Sure he is innocent according to his attorney lol. Also, what about the lazy and out of shape reports he got as well. This guy did not even make it to preseason before being a bust. I hope no one took him in the first.
Not that you're biased or anything...

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:50 am

onetwothree wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:59 pm
Not that you're biased or anything...
Right? Even if Foreman tests positive and gets suspended a couple games, I still wouldn't trade him straight up for Conner.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0