ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: Foreman arrested

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:56 am

skip wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:00 pm
jtd1387 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:50 pm
skip wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:08 pm

Agree on the gun. As far as the marijuana, Bell wasn't "associated" with the stuff in the car he was in with Blount and got suspended anyway.
Didn't Bell get a DWI or DUI charge out of it?
No. The details were that the officer smelled marijuana and there was some found in the car. As part of his sentencing, his license was suspended and he had to take DUI class but there was no such charge, just an assumption of guilt. Fwiw, Bell has also never tested positive either. I'm not suggesting that he hasn't used it but league only cares about appearances.
He was definitely charged, just not convicted. And taking a plea deal was an admittance of some guilt, even if it allowed him to avoid conviction. I also thought they did a blood test for pot if you are charged with DUI for it (at least, my idiot friends who have gotten themselves in that situation tell me so), but I don't think we know for sure whether he got that test or not.

Not saying you are wrong that the NFL cares more about the appearance than the actual outcome of the charges, but I would say Bell was associated with the stuff if it got him 15 months of probation and entered into a legal program for first-time offenders.

Edited because I thought I was in the Zeke thread by the end of the post :lol:
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:16 am

skip wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:00 pm
jtd1387 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:50 pm
skip wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:08 pm

Agree on the gun. As far as the marijuana, Bell wasn't "associated" with the stuff in the car he was in with Blount and got suspended anyway.
Didn't Bell get a DWI or DUI charge out of it?
No. The details were that the officer smelled marijuana and there was some found in the car. As part of his sentencing, his license was suspended and he had to take DUI class but there was no such charge, just an assumption of guilt. Fwiw, Bell has also never tested positive either. I'm not suggesting that he hasn't used it but league only cares about appearances.
Bell also received a citation for driving under the influence, something that surprised Bell at the time when he told the police officer, "I didn't know you could get a DUI for being high. I smoked two hours ago. I'm not high anymore. I'm perfectly fine."
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/9/8 ... t-steelers

From the first article that comes up in google on the subject. Sounds like there was reasonable grounds to believe Bell was smoking from an NFL standpoint.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:37 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:16 am https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/4/9/8 ... t-steelers

From the first article that comes up in google on the subject. Sounds like there was reasonable grounds to believe Bell was smoking from an NFL standpoint.
Hmm... The couple places I looked didn't mention a DUI charge. Either way, I still suspect Foreman to get some kind of suspension as that tends to be the M.O. of the NFL to overreach when it comes to player discipline.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:00 am

Aren't you more likely to get arrested in Texas for not having a firearm than having one?
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:03 am

Don't know why these cops harassing my boy. Let this young man live his life Nazis. Cops must've been OU alumn.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:08 am

The arresting officer must be having his rookie draft kick off today...trying to push the value down.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:22 am

First offense, and we don't have all the details. I can't move him down my board just yet.

Anyone else feel the same?
The standard is the standard.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:32 am

Defender wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:22 am First offense, and we don't have all the details. I can't move him down my board just yet.

Moving him up my board even more now. All the best players have off-field issues. This is a plus in my book.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:59 am

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:32 am
Defender wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:22 am First offense, and we don't have all the details. I can't move him down my board just yet.

Moving him up my board even more now. All the best players have off-field issues. This is a plus in my book.
:lol:
Especially RBs in Texas apparently...

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:03 am Don't know why these cops harassing my boy. Let this young man live his life Nazis. Cops must've been OU alumn.
Boomer Sooner. Squeaky clean program in Norman, nothing but high character student athletes down there. Stoops for prez.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Doesn't change much for me. Not a huge fan but where I have landed him I would still take him even after this news.
It isn't great but maybe a learning experience for him.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:11 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:32 am

Lol

Knox Steel Curtain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Knox Steel Curtain » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:51 pm

Foreman is going to disappoint IMO if still taking him over the tight ends or similar ADP backs. To go back to Conner, Steelers have been running Bell into the ground, and are likely letting him go at end of this season. Conner is Bells replacement. Many podcasts are higher on Conner than Foreman so I am not alone on that.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:09 pm

Knox Steel Curtain wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:51 pm Foreman is going to disappoint IMO if still taking him over the tight ends or similar ADP backs. To go back to Conner, Steelers have been running Bell into the ground, and are likely letting him go at end of this season. Conner is Bells replacement. Many podcasts are higher on Conner than Foreman so I am not alone on that.
Those have to be redraft podcasts. The only way I can see anyone being higher on Conner than Foreman is as a one-season handcuff. If both Miller and Bell go down this year, a case could be made that Conner has more immediate upside based on situation, but as long-term prospects, Foreman >>>> Conner, even with this recent news. Conner is a JAG. He's a JAG with a wonderful, heartwarming story, and I couldn't be happier for him as a human being, but he's a JAG nonetheless. If the Steelers let Bell walk after this year, expect them to invest heavily in a real replacement, either via free agency or the draft. It's extremely doubtful that Conner is some sort of heir apparent in Pittsburgh.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Knox Steel Curtain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Knox Steel Curtain » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:48 am

Nope it was Footballguys and it was talking about dynasty. Conner pre cancer was a stud. He is courageous and a good kid. He is going mid second ADP and was a third round pick just like Foreman so not out of question. I listen to many dynasty podcasts and Conner has moved up rankings. Just as a handcuff alone Conner is worth early second in rookie drafts because we all know Bell will miss a game or two at least. I don't hate Foreman but think talent wise he is a step below Conner. Watch how Conner was getting stronger as season went along.