Dynasty Start Up Question

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Dynasty Start Up Question

Postby Tsunami » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:59 pm

jordanzs wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:39 pm
jordanzs wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:32 am 1.1/2.24 = 1.12/2.1.
If i had the 1.1 draft slot, would i trade the 1/1/2.12 straight up for the 1.12/2.1? Maybe but probably not. I would be a capitalist and ask for something more. But there's some years where I would.

BUT:

If I could get the 1.12/2.1 along with the 1.1 rookie pick, I would be all over that with lightning speed. Even if the rookie draft was a snake. That would be an unfair advantage. The only people who would disagree with this are guppies.
It sounds like your definition of a shark is someone who whines about any different format being unfair. You've already contradicted yourself and so your only remaining argument is to insult anyone who feels differently. I'm not afraid of different formats, if I think the rookie picks are better I'll use that to my advantage. But if you crunch the numbers it comes out more fair, if not for 1.1 (some years) then definitely for 1.2 and beyond, and especially in larger formats like a 16 team league.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:30 pm

What are you talking about? The above post is pretty incoherent.

I dare you to put this up in the forum under "which side wins":

Side A gets:

Zeke
Brandon Cooks
Njoku
Alvin Kamara

Side B gets:

Michael Thomas
Melvin Gordon (or freeman, etc)
Fournette
Copper Kupp (or similar)

Give me the 3 studs over 2 studs any day.

That would be the fallout from doing a snake startup draft and then a rookie draft with reverse order.

If you're drafting at the 12 spot, you essentially have 3 picks in the 1st 2 rounds, and 5 picks by 4.1.

The best draft slot would be the 12 spot, followed by the 11 spot, followed by the 10 spot, followed by the 9 spot, followed by the 8 spot.

Does that make sense?

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:48 am

jordanzs wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:30 pm What are you talking about? The above post is pretty incoherent.

I dare you to put this up in the forum under "which side wins":

Side A gets:

Zeke
Brandon Cooks
Njoku
Alvin Kamara

Side B gets:

Michael Thomas
Melvin Gordon (or freeman, etc)
Fournette
Copper Kupp (or similar)

Give me the 3 studs over 2 studs any day.

That would be the fallout from doing a snake startup draft and then a rookie draft with reverse order.

If you're drafting at the 12 spot, you essentially have 3 picks in the 1st 2 rounds, and 5 picks by 4.1.

The best draft slot would be the 12 spot, followed by the 11 spot, followed by the 10 spot, followed by the 9 spot, followed by the 8 spot.

Does that make sense?
Why do you stop at Cooks when you are counting studs? The first team gets 3.1 pick also, which could be Gronk. Your point entirely depends on where you draw the line between "studs" and "not studs" and that is entirely subjective.

Last year with Zeke was a special situation, he was worth more as a rookie than anyone I have seen before. This year I would rather have 1.10 and Mixon than 1.12 and Fournette. Someone who believes in OJ Howard might want an earlier spot. But without this the 1.1 is always worth more than 1.2 etc. A separate rookie draft shifts the advantage towards strategy rather than random luck.