Why is Perine being taken a round before Foreman?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Why is Perine being taken a round before Foreman?

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:12 am

Perine hype train after last night

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:17 am

exactly what i was thinking DD. Perine is about to start sliding down the rookie draft boards. Lost the confidence of his coach with all these fumbles and being blown up in pass protection.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:17 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:12 am Perine hype train after last night

:lol: :clap:
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:18 am

Reljac wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:17 am exactly what i was thinking DD. Perine is about to start sliding down the rookie draft boards. Lost the confidence of his coach with all these fumbles and being blown up in pass protection.
Except that now that it's August, most leagues have drafted by now. He is locked in and a lot of guys who took him at 1.6 are starting to sweat! Meanwhile, Foreman owners are over here like :whistle:

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:32 am

exactly why all this rookie fever is comical to anyone that's been playing a long time.
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:36 am

Reljac wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:32 am exactly why all this rookie fever is comical to anyone that's been playing a long time.
Rookie fever for the sake of rookie fever, sure. The right rookies build a dynasty franchise and real franchises for that matter. Also, I don't think we should act like any resolution is set in stone on players after a preseason game. I would have taken Perine with 1.13, he wasn't there so I ended up taking Njoku and later got a bargain in Foreman. Sure, I'm happy now with how it looked after a preseason game but that's a small drop in the bucket, lot of football left to play.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:50 am

The right moves build a dynasty franchise. That includes as much trading away rookies and picks as making them. Only 30% of first rounders 2010-2015 had 2 or more years in QB1/TE1 or WR1/2 or RB1/2

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:21 am

Where are all the Fat Rob haters?
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:31 am

Reljac wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:50 am The right moves build a dynasty franchise. That includes as much trading away rookies and picks as making them. Only 30% of first rounders 2010-2015 had 2 or more years in QB1/TE1 or WR1/2 or RB1/2
My last draft I had picks 1.3, 1.13, 3.8, and 6.12.

6.12 was the only pick that was originally mine. I will always play trading away the majority of my picks but I think that trusting my evaluation on certain rookies I will always be higher on some than others and willing to gamble on them over players in the league. Does that mean I will pay premier prices for them? No. I'll only buy if the buying opportunity arises. I liked Foreman but not enough for 1.13 (some people have taken him there). I was willing to part with 2018 picks to move back in at 3.8. It's all a give and take. Value is subjective and always changing but of course the motto is to never buy high on a player.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:37 am

I agree. Following simple principles has landed me Michael Thomas & Allen Robinson (in 2nd) recently at draft position. Randall Cobb as last pick in the 2nd. I got TY Hilton & Victor Cruz in the 5th. However I also got Mike Evans for 2 firsts and Moncrief (when Treadwell/Henry hype was out of control and people down on Evans).

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:55 am

I never understood the love for Perine and the negatives on Foreman. I posted a poll on this too. Luckily for me, my rookie draft is in 2 weeks.

I don't think people understand the RB position or the NFL. If any team, including Washington, thought Perone was a foundation type back that would command the ball because he is so unbelievably talented, they would have drafted him higher than round 4. Why would any NFL team pass on that type of back? Perine could develop into a nice rotational RB, but he will always just be a guy rather than be a stud RB.

Foreman on the other hand, was drafted by a run first team, drafted higher in the NFL and has great size speed and athleticism.

If I'm choosing between the two, clearly Foreman is the best dynasty choice for a possible starting fantasy RB.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:33 am

remedy29 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:55 am I never understood the love for Perine and the negatives on Foreman. I posted a poll on this too. Luckily for me, my rookie draft is in 2 weeks.

I don't think people understand the RB position or the NFL. If any team, including Washington, thought Perone was a foundation type back that would command the ball because he is so unbelievably talented, they would have drafted him higher than round 4. Why would any NFL team pass on that type of back? Perine could develop into a nice rotational RB, but he will always just be a guy rather than be a stud RB.

Foreman on the other hand, was drafted by a run first team, drafted higher in the NFL and has great size speed and athleticism.

If I'm choosing between the two, clearly Foreman is the best dynasty choice for a possible starting fantasy RB.
That's probably simplifying it too much because you have to factor in things other than skill like injury history or off field issues or teams that just don't have any high picks to use that early or other priority needs. Otherwise we would just draft rookies in order of when they were taken and be done with it. But I get the point you're making.

Fumbling issues can be fixed and players can get better at pass pro. If you liked Perine before, use this news to buy at a potential discount.

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:41 am

6 carries in a PRESEASON game and his future is determined. I love this forum. Buy at discount.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:46 am

jdomer2403 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:41 am 6 carries in a PRESEASON game and his future is determined. I love this forum. Buy at discount.
True. Unless you never wanted to buy him in the first place.

Then again, it's RB. Changes abound. Anything can and will happen!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:17 am

jdomer2403 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:41 am 6 carries in a PRESEASON game and his future is determined. I love this forum. Buy at discount.
This is just a discussion between Perine and Foreman. Perine going as high as 1.6 and Freeman routinely discussed as late 2nd round pick. Perine was only valued highly because it was assumed he would be the starter because the other Wash RBs stunk.

Now that it is highly unlikely Perine will be the starter early this year, is there still a debate between these two amongst who to draft higher in rookie picks?